AoS 2 - Legion of the First Prince Discussion (Belakor)

Duke of Gisoreux

14 hours ago, Hannibal said:

The Mark of Nurgle does nothing for the list. In fact, Mark of Khorne would be much better because you can get an additional shooting phase then.

@all:

What are the benefits of Legion of Chaos Ascendant? Why not just Grand Alliance Chaos instead?

Thx for the reply. Yeah mark of Khorne is better, you're right.

Benefit is that you can summon daemons each turn, that your daemons get a 6+ fnp and if you take Belakor with the standard daemons you get some boni on top of that. You also get your own command traits and artifacts.

19 hours ago, Darksider said:

Thx for the reply. Yeah mark of Khorne is better, you're right.

Benefit is that you can summon daemons each turn, that your daemons get a 6+ fnp and if you take Belakor with the standard daemons you get some boni on top of that. You also get your own command traits and artifacts.

Interestingly, legion of the first prince doesn't require belakor (ability and command ability do) and doesn't require belakor to be general (very strong command ability does). There's no forced command trait and magic item like most subfactions.

If you don't want belakor, might as well take it for the free bonus spell.

I had a think about this army while doing some tedious jobs at work.

The summoning potential seems insane, If you put 3 Gaunt Summoners in you can pump out 40 Pink Horrors turn 1, then 10 more each turn. Throw in Bel'akor and Karanak for debuffs and a bit more summoning, 1x10 man unit of Bloodletters, Plaguebearers and Daemonettes for Bel'akor to hang around with. 9 Bloodcrushers to use the command ability on, that leaves 180 points spare.

Its stupid and not something i'd ever do, just a bit of fun to think about.

Edited by PainfullyMediocre

I've been playing with list ideas for Be'Lakor. In particular ive been looking for ways to use some of my favorite under powered models. Here is a list that uses skull cannons. The hope is that in combination with Be'Lakor's ability to bring back D3 models with the bloodletter keyword, the cannons will keep coming back. The gaunt summoner will also allow the list to put out some pink horrors that also combo well with the D3 models getting returned. Plaguebearers are there to soak wounds for Be'Lakor.

Trashy list? yes. Lets you kill models and shoot thier skulls back at them? also yes. Let me know if you have any good ideas how to use skull cannons you think would work better then below.

Allegiance: Legion of Chaos Ascendant
- Host of Chaos: Legion of the First Prince
Mortal Realm: Hysh

Leaders
Be'Lakor (240)
- General
- Spell: Echo of Hatred
Skulltaker (120)
Bloodmaster, Herald of Khorne (80)
Gaunt Summoner on Disc of Tzeentch (260)
- Artefact: Aetherquartz Brooch
- Spell: Bolt of Ruin

Battleline
10 x Plaguebearers (120)
20 x Bloodletters (220)
10 x Bloodletters (110)

Units
3 x Skull Cannons (390)
3 x Skull Cannons (390)

Endless Spells / Terrain / CPs
Extra Command Point (50)

Total: 1980 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 105

Ok, putting together my first list. Using a combination of Tzeetch and Slannesh.  Mainly because I love the Slannesh Battalion and feel Tzeentch compliments it well.

Legion of the First Prince

Be'lakor- General

The Contorted Epitome- Fourfold Blade

Keeper of Secrets- Armour of the Pact

Fateskimmer

10 Daemonettes

10 Daemonettes

10 Pink Horrors

5 Seekers * 4

Host of the Depraved (all Slaanesh units)

Wheels of Excrutiation

Feels like Seekers will be hard to deal with, 6 3+/3+ attacks each when charging with Soulhunters active, two spells that make them fight on death and a command ability that brings them back!

Epitome has a lot of synergies being the best summoner available to us (although can't summon horrors how are obviously the best summonable).  9 attacks with 4 foul blade and the strike last ability.

Keeper feels reasonably tanky with reroll to save, 6++ and probably the hand to regenerate wounds.

Only 4 drops too.

Thoughts/comments welcome

• Thanks 1

Leaders
Great Unclean One (340)
- Plague Flail & Massive Bilesword
Poxbringer Herald of Nurgle (120)
Poxbringer Herald of Nurgle (120)
Be'Lakor (240)

Battleline
30 x Plaguebearers (320)
30 x Plaguebearers (320)
10 x Plaguebearers (120)
10 x Plaguebearers (120)

Battalions
Tallyband of Nurgle (160)

Endless Spells / Terrain / CPs
Emerald Lifeswarm (50)
Prismatic Palisade (30)
Geminids of Uhl-Gysh (60)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Wounds: 114

Is it legal to use an nurgle battalion here? 

29 minutes ago, Olmdebil said:

Battalions
Tallyband of Nurgle (160)

Is it legal to use an nurgle battalion here? 

I do not think so, because it is a Maggotkin of Nurgle Battalion.

Another question: What allies are allowed to use? I can´t find any information in my battletome. Do I overlook something?

Last question: Do you see any outstanding synergies within this faction?

7 hours ago, Bryan I Guess said:

So who do we think are the best battleline for this army? Plaguebearers get the minuses to hit, daemonettes are fast, and I think bloodletters are only great with buffs from BoK stuff. I think I like Daemonettes most.

I think, maybe pink horrors are the best, because, they shooting, split in blue horrors, and with the legion of the first prince, you can return pink horrors. It's my opinion. 😊

6 hours ago, tato492 said:

I think, maybe pink horrors are the best, because, they shooting, split in blue horrors, and with the legion of the first prince, you can return pink horrors. It's my opinion. 😊

I thought horrors weren't battleline options. At least Azyr doesn't include them in the battleline section.

Here's my trash list! One drop. Everyone rerolls charges. Virtually no magic defence. The Thirsters are very durable if they stay together and the Crushers deliver buckets of MWs after charging. 😛

Mortal Realm: Aqshy
Wrath of Khorne Bloodthirster (300)
- General
- Command Trait: Ruinous Aura
- Artefact: Ignax's Scales
Bloodthirster of Insensate Rage (270)
- Artefact: Armour of the Pact
10 x Bloodletters (110)
10 x Bloodletters (110)
10 x Bloodletters (110)
10 x Bloodletters (110)
10 x Bloodletters (110)
6 x Bloodcrushers (240)
6 x Bloodcrushers (240)
6 x Bloodcrushers (240)
Host of Rage (160)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Wounds: 150

Going to be rocking the Legion of The First Prince tonight. Mostly trying stuff out, so don't expect it to be hugely competitive:

Be'lakor- General, Bolt of Ruin

Contorted Epitomie- fourfold blade, Echo of Hatred

The Masque

2 * 10 Daemonettes

10 Pink Horrors

4*5 Seekers

2 Soul Grinders

Host of the Deprived (all Slannesh units).

I'm hoping the Seekers will be able to pull a lot of weight between the battalion bonus, two strike after death spells and Be'lakors awesome command trait returning models in both players turns! 

The Soul Grinder don't fit with the list very well, but they have just been build, so I want to get them on the battlefield.  

Battle report coming tomorrow.

Beginner question. Can we use all the god specific Battalions in Chaos Ascendant?

I am kinda confused when it comes to the faction of battalions. There was a similar issue before the Everchosen book was rolled into Slaves with using Plaguetouched in Nurgle allegiance.

In the new Slaves book it specifies the godmarked battalions are both Slaves faction and *god* faction.

Any clarity would be much appreciated as I might just not be reading a specific entry somewhere that clears it up.

57 minutes ago, Eldarain said:

Beginner question. Can we use all the god specific Battalions in Chaos Ascendant?

I am kinda confused when it comes to the faction of battalions. There was a similar issue before the Everchosen book was rolled into Slaves with using Plaguetouched in Nurgle allegiance.

In the new Slaves book it specifies the godmarked battalions are both Slaves faction and *god* faction.

Any clarity would be much appreciated as I might just not be reading a specific entry somewhere that clears it up.

As it stands, no. Legion of Chaos Assendent is a new allegiance, so can only use allegiance specific battalions (the four in the Wrath book). Hopefully they will FAQ is so we can and the Legion battalions can be used in the god specific allegiances.

Hi guys!

I loooove the new book and I've started playing around lists. I'm at this state right now:

Leaders

Be'Lakor (240)

- General

Verminlord Corruptor (280) - NURGLE

-(Artefact that deals D3 MW on 5+ to hit)

Slaves to Darkness Daemon Prince (210) - KHORNE

The Blue Scribes (120) - TZEENTCH

Gaunt Summoner of Tzeentch (240) - TZEENTCH

Battleline

10 x Pink Horrors of Tzeentch (200)

30 x Plaguebearers (320)

Total: 1810 / 2000

Extra Command Points: 0

Wounds: 88

I don't know what to add, if I should go for Endless or try to squeeze in a Slaanesh Hero. I feel like only summoning Pinks in most games so...

Anyway if you have ideas or feedback, I'd take it!

Cheers!

1 hour ago, Peegee said:

Hi guys!

I loooove the new book and I've started playing around lists. I'm at this state right now:

Leaders

Be'Lakor (240)

- General

Verminlord Corruptor (280) - NURGLE

-(Artefact that deals D3 MW on 5+ to hit)

Slaves to Darkness Daemon Prince (210) - KHORNE

The Blue Scribes (120) - TZEENTCH

Gaunt Summoner of Tzeentch (240) - TZEENTCH

Battleline

30 x Plaguebearers (320)

Total: 1810 / 2000

Extra Command Points: 0

Wounds: 88

I don't know what to add, if I should go for Endless or try to squeeze in a Slaanesh Hero. I feel like only summoning Pinks in most games so...

Anyway if you have ideas or feedback, I'd take it!

Cheers!

I think I´d drop one unit of Pinks and instead get 6 Flamers + Exalted Flamer. They won´t be as good as under DoT Rules, but they still dish out a lot of damage at range.

Other than that there is an endless spell in the StD range which everyone is talking about. Daemonrift ... (???)