Warcry Statshammer: A tool for comparing Warcry Fighters

NoMaDhOoK

warcry-statshammer-padded.png.91f6ad47479fa7e293d90a3880139147.png

Warcry Statshammer

A tool for calculating and comparing damage outputs for Warhammer Warcry Fighters (also referred to as Mathhammer).

The production deploy of the tool is located at: https://warcry-statshammer.herokuapp.com/

Features

• Average Damage Stats
    • Gather the average damage that each unit is expected to do against various toughness values.
    • This average is a calculated value (not simulated)
  • Probabilities
    • Generates Discrete and Cumulative Probabilities
    • These values are calculated (not simulated)
      • This is done by gathering every permutation of the dice roll(s) and uses that to get a population probability graph
  • Dark Theme
  • Persisitent data between refreshes
  • And more

Roadmap Features

• Choose from a preset list of fighters
  • Export PDF
  • Google Drive integration
    • Save / Load Fighters

Related Projects

• AoS Statshammer
    • Provides similar functionality to this, but for Warhammer Age of Sigmar

compareHome.png.b024ff7468fb2afd6fa3b528a1d84f30.png

compareStats.png.bc5d48f1f521974827323d393669626c.png

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

I just found this, and it's a very cool tool - thank you for putting this up! 

A small question though - it would be cool to be able to see all the stats vs. varying toughness values - for example, when putting in a str. 6 weapon, I can only see the stats vs. Toughness 5 and up - it would be cool to see it vs. T 4 and below. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, GuitaRasmus said:

I just found this, and it's a very cool tool - thank you for putting this up! 

A small question though - it would be cool to be able to see all the stats vs. varying toughness values - for example, when putting in a str. 6 weapon, I can only see the stats vs. Toughness 5 and up - it would be cool to see it vs. T 4 and below. 

Thank you for the feedback.

Some info on how the T-range is decided: Since Warcry only cares about Strength <, =, or > Toughness. A S6 weapon will do the same damage to a T4 as it does to a T5. So the way the API decides on the toughness ranges is: lowest STR - 1 <----> highest STR + 1.

Solution: However, what I could do is provide an option for the user to provide the toughness ranges they want or use the auto generated ones. Quick mockup here:

slider.png.65c995d483220e58ae55251720bea1b8.png

I've added this as a feature request on Github: https://github.com/damonhook/warcry-statshammer/issues/14

Edited by NoMaDhOoK

24 minutes ago, NoMaDhOoK said:

Thank you for the feedback.

Some info on how the T-range is decided: Since Warcry only cares about Strength <, =, or > Toughness. A S6 weapon will do the same damage to a T4 as it does to a T5. So the way the API decides on the toughness ranges is: lowest STR - 1 <----> highest STR + 1.

Solution: However, what I could do is provide an option for the user to provide the toughness ranges they want or use the auto generated ones. Quick mockup here:

slider.png.65c995d483220e58ae55251720bea1b8.png

I've added this as a feature request on Github: https://github.com/damonhook/warcry-statshammer/issues/14

Hahaha, thanks - boy, do I feel stupid for not realising that. 🤣 Again, thanks for a great tool - it's very helpful. 

1 hour ago, GuitaRasmus said:

Hahaha, thanks - boy, do I feel stupid for not realising that. 🤣 Again, thanks for a great tool - it's very helpful. 

It's no problem 👍, if anything it highlights that I should maybe add a little info dialog to the stats screen explaining how the T-range is determined (similar to how AoS Statshammer has an info dialog for how its simulations work).

I can see that it may be confusing as to why the T-range changes depending on the fighters you have (as nowhere do I state how it's done).

Edited by NoMaDhOoK

UI

• The Left Navigation Bar on Desktop has been revamped and will no longer scroll with the content.

API

• Instead of generating data per toughness, instead build lt, eq, gt properties. Then map that to the different toughness values (Fixes: #13)
    • This should have no difference in the final result, however, should improve performance greatly
  • If you try and generate data for attacks > 8, switch to a simulation of dice rolls rather than generating every permutation (Fixes: #13)
  • Increased max attacks from 8 -> 15
  • Added Sentry to API to capture errors (Fixes: #11)

Notes

Here is a table of the number of permutations as the attacks grow:

Attacks Permutations
2 36
4 1 296
6 46 656
8 1 679 616
10 60 466 176
12 2 176 782 336

Because of this it becomes too expensive to get population permutations for attacks > 8. Hence why it switches over to doing 1 500 000 simulations instead. It should be accurate enough as the probabilities are limited to 2 dec. places on the UI anyway

10 hours ago, NoMaDhOoK said:

It's no problem 👍, if anything it highlights that I should maybe add a little info dialog to the stats screen explaining how the T-range is determined (similar to how AoS Statshammer has an info dialog for how its simulations work).

I can see that it may be confusing as to why the T-range changes depending on the fighters you have (as nowhere do I state how it's done).

Thanks for the reply. However, thinking about it some more, it would still be great to have the ability to compare two different stats against the same toughness - that would be my primary purpose for the tool. I wanted to compare a Slaughterprist with axe vs. the one with Hackblade, and at first they seemed very similar, because I didn't notice the damage was vs. T5 vs. T4. 

1 hour ago, GuitaRasmus said:

Thanks for the reply. However, thinking about it some more, it would still be great to have the ability to compare two different stats against the same toughness - that would be my primary purpose for the tool. I wanted to compare a Slaughterprist with axe vs. the one with Hackblade, and at first they seemed very similar, because I didn't notice the damage was vs. T5 vs. T4. 

👍I have the configurable toughness ranges planned in for the next release (0.3.0)

For the moment, if you put both fighters in, it will compare them at equal toughness levels. 

It shouldn't be too long and I'll be sure to tag you as soon as the feature is released. 

Screenshot_20200206-223220_Chrome.jpg

Edited by NoMaDhOoK

Feature Additions

• Add an import screen that allows users to select a number of fighters to import (fixes #4)
    • For now it is just the Season 1 Warbands (Going to add more very soon: tasks)
    • NOTE: The preset fighters only contain the weapons. no runemarks, art, wounds, toughness, movement, or points will be added. This is not a replacement for cards/ToC
  • Allow users to customise the toughness range used for results (fixes #14) @GuitaRasmus
    • Configure the min/max toughness to generate data for. Leave as Auto to let the API decide
    • How the Auto range is determined:
      • (MIN STR - 1) <---> (MAX STR + 1)

UI

• Added Snackbar notifications (fixes: #7)
    • Deleting Fighter
      • Undo: will re-add the fighter at the deleted position
    • Deleting Profile
      • Undo: will re-add the Profile at the deleted position for said fighter
    • Error fetching stats
      • Retry will re-attempt the API request
    • Importing fighter success
  • Added AoS Statshammer as a Social Button (Footer and About page)
  • Change SVG Text Object -> Path (fixes #16)
    • Use SVGIcon instead of loading through img src
Edited by NoMaDhOoK
  • Like 1

• 7 months later...
  • 2 years later...