The Painting Contract - February 2020

TheOtherJosh

Hello folks and welcome to the Painting Contract for February 2020!

If you don't know the rules they are:

Each month you post an amount of models that you agree to try to paint/build/convert/sculpt. This can be terrain or models for Age Of Sigmar, Warcry, Blood Bowl, Blitz Bowl, Warhammer Underworlds, Warhammer Quest Silver Tower / Shadows Over Hammerhal, or Gorechosen.

On the 28th of the month the contract closes and you can then post your progress images so that they can be critiqued, shared and boasted about. It is a great way to get involved in the community and to get inspiration.

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone share their progress!

Enjoy!

@Mohojoe  &  @TheOtherJosh

• Like 3

Well, I've just welcomed my second son into the world so don't have much time, but this month I pledge 10x Chaos Warriors from the Start Collecting set.

I have more Knights, Warriors and Varanguard on sprues so will try and do some assembly too, probably to paint next month though!

• Like 5
  • LOVE IT! 1

This month I'm going to be more ambitious, so I have already started. I've got 10 Chainrasps and 4 Myrmourn banshees already built and primed. I will try to paint and base all that, and also base the work from last two months, meaning a corpse cart, 5 hexwraiths and another 10 Chainrasps. That means painting 14 models and "finishing" a total of 30. Crossing fingers! 🤞

IMG-20200126-WA0006~2.jpg

IMG-20200126-WA0007.jpg

Edited by Chikrit
Total finished model count was wrong :-)
  • Like 3

Well I will be posting the finished (tabletop ready) Chaos Lord in the January thread tonight, so I finally achieved a pledge!!! At last! 

I think if I can maintain my momentum I can manage my next pledge, but I'm keeping it small.

- finish Arch Warlock

- five Chaos Warriors 

It can be done!

17 hours ago, RandyRyan said:

Well, I've just welcomed my second son into the world so don't have much time.

Congratulations!

We’ve been in the hospital for the last fifteen hours undergoing the same process for our first two. Yes, twins. And yes, I am literally one upping you.

Your painting goals are a lot loftier than mine though, I’m pledging just one model for February.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Fairbanks said:

Congratulations!

We’ve been in the hospital for the last fifteen hours undergoing the same process for our first two. Yes, twins. And yes, I am literally one upping you.

Your painting goals are a lot loftier than mine though, I’m pledging just one model for February.

Thanks mate! 

Congratulations x2 to you, welcome to the dad life!

Not too lofty, I barely paint above GW's "battle ready standard"!

• LOVE IT! 1

Another really busy month for me coming up, so not much time either.

I’ve sub-assembled Katakros and Zandtos, so my goal for the month is to get them full primed and finish off the bone components.

I’ve got a feeling I may get sidetracked with some endless spells though... Using exactly the same colour palette for 3 months has got a bit tiring!