Warcry - Beasts of chaos discussion

Warpedstorm

• 1 month later...

@Warpedstormthose came out awesome! 

I'm starting a trail of champions (the one where fighters can die) campaign with a friends and this is the list looking for some advice

Bullgor leader with dual weps 

Dragon Ogre with glaive

Bullgor with dual weps

4 Gors with dual weps 

2 Ungor Raiders

Not sure what they  will bring seems to be OBR or FeC for one and Tzeentch or Corvus Cabal. 

On 8/6/2020 at 8:45 PM, Wazzuli said:

Bullgor leader with dual weps 

Dragon Ogre with glaive

Bullgor with dual weps

4 Gors with dual weps 

2 Ungor Raiders. 

I love this setup. 1 elite unit in every deployment zone, with as much chaff as you can fit otherwise. If you wanted to push the competitive limits you could cut the non-leader bullgor (the Hammer deployment group isn't on the board t1 alone in any missions, so doesn't always need an elite) for more chaff. 11 models in a warband is pretty strong, but I think 3 elites is more fun than 2 elites.

1 hour ago, Lhurgoyf said:

I love this setup. 1 elite unit in every deployment zone, with as much chaff as you can fit otherwise. If you wanted to push the competitive limits you could cut the non-leader bullgor (the Hammer deployment group isn't on the board t1 alone in any missions, so doesn't always need an elite) for more chaff. 11 models in a warband is pretty strong, but I think 3 elites is more fun than 2 elites.

Good call! I'll have to give this a try! Thanks! I was thinking on swapping out the extra Bullgor for a Gragon ogre for the extra inch of movement too lol.

• 2 months later...

So with the GA books coming out, do you all think they'll add/change anything within BoC?  What other units would you want to see incorporated of those possible?  Unfortunately they're really only doing things that have been made in plastic - do we think they'll expand the rules to include things like centigors, or have beastlords as mercs, etc?

On 10/22/2020 at 6:02 AM, BarfAtTheMoon said:

So with the GA books coming out, do you all think they'll add/change anything within BoC?  What other units would you want to see incorporated of those possible?  Unfortunately they're really only doing things that have been made in plastic - do we think they'll expand the rules to include things like centigors, or have beastlords as mercs, etc?

There were some leaks of the books a couple of days ago which seem to indicate that GW no longer care about sticking to just plastic (in fact, Slaves to Darkness already had Chosen).

A lot of the new units seem to be on the cavalry side, so I think there's a decent chance Centigor will make it into the list, as well as a bunch of the hero characters will be made into leaders.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Looks like we got Bray Shaman, Beastlord, Doombull, Shaggoth, Centigors + Centigor leader, and the Cockatrice.  Anyone thinking of changing up their force to add in any of these bad boys?  I'll probably stick to my basic structure but add the Shaman as my leader, he's still pretty nasty - might replace some of my ungors with a centigor or two. 

22 hours ago, BarfAtTheMoon said:

Looks like we got Bray Shaman, Beastlord, Doombull, Shaggoth, Centigors + Centigor leader, and the Cockatrice.  Anyone thinking of changing up their force to add in any of these bad boys?  I'll probably stick to my basic structure but add the Shaman as my leader, he's still pretty nasty - might replace some of my ungors with a centigor or two. 

Just bought a doombull and cockatrice as they seem awesome. No one will stand up to the doombull

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Agreed, I also just got my Cockatrice and I am very excited to use it and my Doombull.  I really wish the centigors looked better, but we're fast enough as it is without them in my opinion.

I'm not sure what to change in my list, currently it's a double axe bloodkine, 2 double axe bullgors, 3 raiders and 3 double weapon gors, which was working really well for me, but i'd really like to try some of the new stuff.

• 5 weeks later...