Is this list legal?

Andrethegreat

This is a list I'm thinking about doing and wanted to know if this would be a legal Vanguard Auxillary Chamber?  Oh!  I'm a new AOS plalyer.

Allegiance: Stormcast Eternals

Leaders
Lord-Aquilor (180)
- General
- Trait: Shielded by Faith
- Artefact: God-forged Blade
- Mount Trait: Savage Loyalty
Neave Blacktalon (120)
Knight-Zephyros (100)
- Artefact: Spellshield
Knight-Zephyros (100)

Battleline
5 x Vanguard-Hunters (110)
- Boltstorm Pistols and Shock Handaxes
- Boltstorm Pistols and Storm Sabres

Units
3 x Vanguard-Palladors (180)
- Boltstorm Pistols and Starstrike Javelins
3 x Vanguard-Raptors with Hurricane Crossbows (140)
3 x Vanguard-Raptors with Longstrike Crossbows (170)
3 x Aetherwings (50)
3 x Aetherwings (50)
3 x Aetherwings (50)
6 x Gryph-Hounds (140)
3 x Prosecutors with Celestial Hammers (90)

Battalions
Vanguard Auxiliary Chamber (140)

Total: 1980 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 128

50 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

If you built this in the Warscroll Builder GW has, you will know if it is a legal army on its own. Did you check the Battletome for the battalion requirements?

Yes, it said I can have 3-9 knight-Azyros, knigth-Venator, or knights-Zephyros in any combination, not sure what that means.    

3 minutes ago, Andrethegreat said:

Yes, it said I can have 3-9 knight-Azyros, knigth-Venator, or knights-Zephyros in any combination, not sure what that means.    

That means you can fill these 3-9 slots with models from this list. So you could have 3 Knight-Azyros or 9 Knight Zephyros, or 3 of each or everything in between. 

Now coming to your list: your list is in so far legal as its follows the list building rules, but you dont meet all the requirments for the Vanguard Auxillia chamber battalion. That battalion needs 1 Lord Aquillor, the mentionend 3-9 heroes (youve got those) but also the Vanguard-Conclave Angelos and Vanguard-Conclave Justicar battalions. You have the right units but you also need to pay the points for those battalions too!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Andrethegreat said:

This is a list I'm thinking about doing and wanted to know if this would be a legal Vanguard Auxillary Chamber?  Oh!  I'm a new AOS plalyer.

Allegiance: Stormcast Eternals

Leaders
Lord-Aquilor (180)
- General
- Trait: Shielded by Faith
- Artefact: God-forged Blade
- Mount Trait: Savage Loyalty
Neave Blacktalon (120)
Knight-Zephyros (100)
Knight-Zephyros (100)

Battleline
- Boltstorm Pistols and Storm Sabres

Units
- Boltstorm Pistols and Starstrike Javelins
3 x Vanguard-Raptors with Longstrike Crossbows (170)
3 x Aetherwings (50)
3 x Aetherwings (50)
3 x Aetherwings (50)
6 x Gryph-Hounds (140)
3 x Prosecutors with Celestial Hammers (90)

Battalions

Extra Command Points: 1
Wounds: 128

This list is not legal.  You don't meet the requirements for the Vanguard Auxiliary Chamber.

I'm not sure if Neave counts as a Zephyros or not (in the rules for the battalion is the zephyros requirement bolded like that?  If so, yes she probably counts.  If not, no, you'd have to play her as a generic knight-zephyros).

The larger problem is that you also have omitted the requirements for a "Vanguard Angelos Conclave" and a "Vanguard Justicar Conclave".  Those are additional warscroll battalions which you would also have to pay for and meet all the requirements for.  Now, it looks like you actually have the units you need in order to fill those battalions, so you just need to also pay for those and and them to the list.  That probably means you'll have to remove some other items to meet 2k points.  I'm not sure if you can actually squeeze them in or not with only 2k points.

EDIT: Got ninja'd.  Basically what @Gecktron said is correct.

Edited by willange

1 hour ago, willange said:

This list is not legal.  You don't meet the requirements for the Vanguard Auxiliary Chamber.

I'm not sure if Neave counts as a Zephyros or not (in the rules for the battalion is the zephyros requirement bolded like that?  If so, yes she probably counts.  If not, no, you'd have to play her as a generic knight-zephyros).

The larger problem is that you also have omitted the requirements for a "Vanguard Angelos Conclave" and a "Vanguard Justicar Conclave".  Those are additional warscroll battalions which you would also have to pay for and meet all the requirements for.  Now, it looks like you actually have the units you need in order to fill those battalions, so you just need to also pay for those and and them to the list.  That probably means you'll have to remove some other items to meet 2k points.  I'm not sure if you can actually squeeze them in or not with only 2k points.

EDIT: Got ninja'd.  Basically what @Gecktron said is correct.

It says in the book Neave has the keyword Knight-Zephyros,  So! how can I make a Vanguard Auxiliary Chamber? It looks like if I do what is told to me here I would be over 2000 points or is the books wrong and GW needs to up date it?   

Edited by Andrethegreat

5 minutes ago, Andrethegreat said:

It says in the book Neave has the keyword Knight-Zephyros,  So! how can I make a Vanguard Auxiliary Chamber? It looks like if I do what is told to me here I would be over 2000 points or is the books wrong and GW needs to up date it.   

Using always the cheapest options lands you at 1980 points.

Leaders
Lord-Aquilor (180)
- General
Knight-Azyros (100)
Knight-Azyros (100)
Knight-Azyros (100)

Battleline

Units
3 x Aetherwings (50)
3 x Aetherwings (50)
3 x Aetherwings (50)

Battalions
Vanguard Justicar Conclave (120)
Vanguard Angelos Conclave (160)

Extra Command Points: 3
Wounds: 103

Not every battalion is made for 2000 points matched play. Especially not battalions including other battalions. 2500 points is also an official format. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Andrethegreat said:

It says in the book Neave has the keyword Knight-Zephyros,  So! how can I make a Vanguard Auxiliary Chamber? It looks like if I do what is told to me here I would be over 2000 points or is the books wrong and GW needs to up date it?   

Gecktron already addressed the point about going over 2000, but just because she has the keyword "Knight-Zephyros" doesn't mean she'll necessarily qualify for the battalion.  For example, if a battalion says to include "3-9 Knight-Zephyros, Knight-Venator, etc." then she does indeed count.  If it just says "3-9 Knight-Zephyros, Knight-Venator, etc." then she does not count.  Only bolded words refer to keywords.  Otherwise, they refer only to name/title on the warscroll.  

That is all barring some specific errata from GW.  I haven't read the Stormcast Errata or Designer's Commentary in a while, so there might be something in there allowing her in that battalion.  Unless there is though, then you'd have to watch for the bolded keyword as far as I understand it.

Yea this battalion is so close to greatness but in 2k games it is better left out, as you don't have points to take longstrikes instead of hurricanes where the +1 shot really would make a difference.  It ends up being way way too many points compared to what you actually get out of it unfortunately.

In 2500 perhaps, still the battalion tax is super high and will have a super low wound count on the table.