Tzeentch transient form command ability stacking

Frowny

Question

My opponent is playing cult of the transient form. I killed 6 acolytes in melee with the command ability on them, all are near some tzaangors. For the 6th acolyte removed, how much does my opponent add to the cult of the transient form ability? +

One reading is that it is +1 total, another is that it accumulates and stacks to eventually +5 and guaranteed success After enough kills on the acolytes.

Some help? Pertinent rules included here.

unknown.png

8 answers to this question

Roll a dice each time a model is slain. Each time a model is slain, add 1 to that roll.

A model is slain, and you roll? Add 1 to that roll. Another model is slain, and you roll? Add 1 to that roll. Each time a model is slain and you roll, add 1 to that roll.

At no point are you instructed to add more than 1 to the roll.

(Obviously the above is only my opinion. This is a terribly-worded and totally ambiguous rule, which could easily be argued either way. But in general, the trend is that GW comes down on the side of the interpretation that's reasonable, rather than the one that's totally bonkers.)

10 hours ago, Kadeton said:

Roll a dice each time a model is slain. Each time a model is slain, add 1 to that roll.

A model is slain, and you roll? Add 1 to that roll. Another model is slain, and you roll? Add 1 to that roll. Each time a model is slain and you roll, add 1 to that roll.

At no point are you instructed to add more than 1 to the roll.

(Obviously the above is only my opinion. This is a terribly-worded and totally ambiguous rule, which could easily be argued either way. But in general, the trend is that GW comes down on the side of the interpretation that's reasonable, rather than the one that's totally bonkers.)

3 hours ago, Drib said:

@AverageBoss  if you try to apply RAW, you missed out, that there is no case to discribe what happens to a roll of 7+. The rule is only worded for 2-6, so nothing would happen.

The intention is most likley to always add 1 to the roll and that the events then trigger on 1-4 and 5/6.

The rule specifically says each time a model is killed, add 1 to the roll. So my interpretation is that you add 1 each time a model is killed.

If the rule works per your interpretations, then it is one of the sloppiest written rules in a long time, when a simple:

"Until your next Hero Phase, add 1 to Chang-Gift rolls on the target unit."

would have sufficed.

1 hour ago, AverageBoss said:

The rule specifically says each time a model is killed, add 1 to the roll. So my interpretation is that you add 1 each time a model is killed.

So is mine. :P

Your interpretation is that you add 1 to the roll for the model that was killed, and an additional +1 for each model that was killed previously in the combat phase.

1 hour ago, AverageBoss said:

If the rule works per your interpretations, then it is one of the sloppiest written rules in a long time

Yeah, it really is terribly worded, regardless of which interpretation you're looking for. For example, there's no indication of what the result would be if you roll higher than a six, which is possible in either scenario. Sloppy is the right word for it.

I think they were going for symmetrical language. Both rules use "each time a... model is slain" to indicate when they are applied, and somebody probably thought it made more sense for the rules to mirror each other that way. But yes, it could have been much clearer and simpler in fewer words.

You roll dice one at a time, as both abilities trigger as each individual model is removed.
So the first will spawn a Tzaangor on a 6
2nd on a 5+
3rd on a 4+
4th on a 3+
5th on a 2+
6th onward will automatically create a Tzaangor. (1s only auto fail on hits, wounds, and saves specifically).

Also worth noting that with the above, the 2nd casualty onward will auto fight before death.