Just bought Silver Tower - looking for converting other figures

Jill Kill

Hello all!

I just bought a new copy of Silver Tower and would like to port over my Warhammer Underworlds figures  including Nighthaunts, skeletons, skaven, goblins, Mollog's, etc. I  also picked up a copy of White Dwarf for the Nighthaunt figures conversisnos, so I'm covered there.

Are there PDFS , links, or photos someone could share of the card-based expansions that introduces more heroes and adversaries? 

Thanks for any assists!

Edited by Jill Kill

After about 18 months of painting and a dozen sessions over just over a year, last week we finally defeated the Gaunt Summoner and won the game! We had a cracking time but my biggest tip is to not try and complete each trials in one sitting. We had one trial that took us about eight hours to finish. We quickly learnt to play to a time limit. We would photograph the board, cards and other paraphernalia from above and carefully pack everything away so we could reconstruct the game state for our next session.

I just did a quick eBay search and found a set of Chaos Adversary Cards , buy these if you can. One shortcoming of the game out of the box is that you have to flick through the rulebook to find all the stats for the adversaries. The Adversary cards can be used to expand the game and add a whole host of new opponents but they also contain cards for all the units in the original game with the latest FAQ changes incorporated into them. Makes playing the base game so much more user friendly.

What might be harder to obtain but is also pretty great is the Silver Tower Hero Cards. This pack adds a whole host of new heroes, (it also adds your skeletons as minions to the Necromancer character). We used three heroes from this pack for our play through and they were great (Skink Starpriest, Saurus Old Blood and Lord Castellant). These cards aren't as useful as the adversary cards though.

Edited by Greyshadow
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Greyshadow said:

After about 18 months of painting followed by 12 months of playing, last week we finally defeated the Gaunt Summoner and won the game! We had a cracking time but my biggest tip is to not try and complete each trials in one sitting. We had one trial that took us about eight hours to finish. We quickly learnt to play to a time limit. We would photograph the board, cards and other paraphernalia from above and carefully pack everything away so we could reconstruct the game state for our next session.

I just did a quick eBay search and found a set of Chaos Adversary Cards on eBay, buy these if you can. One shortcoming of the game out of the box is that you have to flick through the rulebook to find all the stats for the adversaries. The Adversary cards can be used to expand the game and add a whole host of new opponents but they also contain cards for all the units in the original game with the latest FAQ changes incorporated into them. Makes playing the base game so much more user friendly.

What might be harder to obtain but is also pretty great is the Silver Tower Hero Cards. This pack adds a whole host of new heroes, (it also adds your skeletons as minions to the Necromancer character). We used three heroes from this pack for our play through and they were great (Skink Starpriest, Saurus Old Blood and Lord Castellant). These cards aren't as useful as the adversary cards though.

12 months of playing? That's a lot! How often did you play?

• Like 1

Also @Jill Kill, White Dwarf July 2018 is the one that adds the Nighthaunt to the game. The article adds Knight of Shrouds, Lord Executioner, Lord-Excorcist and Knight-Incantor to the list of playable characters. It also adds Chainrasps, Bladegheist Revenants and Spirit Torment as Exotic Adversaries.

All our Skaven friends are in the Chaos Adversary Cards pack but the only goblins in the game are the Scutlings. There are no offical rules for Mollog so you might need to make your own.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Greyshadow said:

Also @Jill Kill, White Dwarf July 2018 is the one that adds the Nighthaunt to the game. The article adds Knight of Shrouds, Lord Executioner, Lord-Excorcist and Knight-Incantor to the list of playable characters. It also adds Chainrasps, Bladegheist Revenants and Spirit Torment as Exotic Adversaries.

All our Skaven friends are in the Chaos Adversary Cards pack but the only goblins in the game are the Scutlings. There are no offical rules for Mollog so you might need to make your own.

Yes, a few days back, I purchased the White Dwarf issue on eBay.  There are a couple of Adversary packs for sale, too, but they're pricey.  It would be cool to see the stats and info for the Skavens. I can make my own cards. Can anyone share images of their Skaven cards? Per GWs stance, Is asking not quite proper etiquette, yeah? Even if an item is OOP?

Thanks, Greyshadow!

Yeah, they aren’t cheap. Even though they are out of print they are still under copyright. You might be surprised how much mileage you get from the monsters  in the core set though. It didn’t feel like the game lacked variety. Playing games in Skaven lairs would be very cool for sure.

Edited by Greyshadow