Unit point limit for Meeting Engagements

I am going to run a meeting engagement tournament and I am proposing to set a points limit for individual units to 350 or 400. I feel like running up against Gotrek or the like on a tiny board would be quite a negative play experience.  Is this the right thing to do or am I overreacting? I am intending for the tournament to be encouraging for young and new players.

51 minutes ago, Defonotaspambot said:

I am going to run a meeting engagement tournament and I am proposing to set a points limit for individual units to 350 or 400. I feel like running up against Gotrek or the like on a tiny board would be quite a negative play experience.  Is this the right thing to do or am I overreacting? I am intending for the tournament to be encouraging for young and new players.

Are allies allowed in ME? 

Anyway, even if he brings Gotrek he put more than 50% of his army into one relatively slow model that can kill 1 unit per turn if you play around him and hold 1 objective. 

Just make sure your 50% of your army can kill 2 units and hold 2 objectives and you are already at an advantage.

Also depending on where the player had to place him he might really be too late to effect the game. 

I love the model and think he is just so much fun to use, but competetively speaking he never won a game for me, he just made it harder because he is that expensive - which is perfectly balanced imo. 

Edit: Sorry, I just realized I missed your second point. 

If you want the tournament to be fun for new players powerful models shouldnt be included, as „noobs“ dont know how to play around such models. They will probably send their hardest unit inside those models without knowing that the odds are against them, feeling cheated after they lose their unit and probably the game because of this. 

Ive seen this happening with inexperienced players over and over again to a point where I just warn them before they make a really stupid mistake. 

So maybe keep it a bit lower points wise (good rule of thumb is that a unit shouldnt cost more than 25% of your points, otherwise it can get very onesided) 

Just my thoughts though, have fun with the tournament! 

Edited by Phasteon

3 hours ago, Kirjava13 said:

Doesn't sound like a bad idea to me. If you do it I'd be very curious as to how you think it works as I'd like to try some meeting engagements this year.

You can find the pack here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1hNFvdTa1qeM_PP9J0cVN5ttinbVQFqzPHCWr2Z3pQso/edit?usp=drivesdk.

It is completely untested though.