News - Element Games broken into!

Overread

I've been made aware through their Facebook that Element Games was broken into the other day and robbed. Details of what was taken and the damage done is not yet clear, but its a sad and rare event that a wargaming store gets broken into like this. Details as they come are on their facebook website https://www.facebook.com/pg/ElementGames/posts/?ref=page_internal

Note that they are open once again after a short time being closed. 

Element games is a UK based gaming store that supplies a huge range of wargaming related material - from games to brushes, paints and more. TGA forums even has an affiliation with them through this link  https://elementgames.co.uk/warhammer?d=10151 
So if you want to get some gaming material, show your support during some stressful and tough times for the store and also help out the TGA site cover its costs, please do consider using the affiliate link. 

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Kasper said:

I guess the 15-25% discount the advertisement on this site says only apply to specific models? The few things I wanted were original GW price. 

Thats not my experience at all. I buy most of my stuff here for over a year now, and everything, without exception, is considerably cheaper than with GW. Just need to make a bigger order to make up for the shipping cost (with GW you can pick it up for free at the GW shop) mY overall experience with them is good.

Shame they are robbed.

Edited by Lowki

GW has two sets of models that they now supply to stores. One set go through normal channels and 3rd parties can discount them into the standard 15-25% bracket. The second set are those that used to be "direct order only"; which 3rd party retailers can order, but not with the same wholesale price. The result is that they can typically not discount them or only discount them very slightly, so the price is little different than if you bought them from GW directly. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Lowki said:

Thats not my experience at all. I buy most of my stuff here for over a year now, and everything, without exception, is considerably cheaper than with GW. Just need to make a bigger order to make up for the shipping cost (with GW you can pick it up for free at the GW shop) mY overall experience with them is good.

Shame they are robbed.

I wanted to dig into Seraphon and buy a couple of the bigger dinos, but the majority of Seraphon stuff is original GW price. 

29 minutes ago, Kasper said:

I wanted to dig into Seraphon and buy a couple of the bigger dinos, but the majority of Seraphon stuff is original GW price. 

Really? Must admit that I never bougth those...but quick check  I find currently three big dino kits at Elements, all cheaper than GW: Stegadon (43,13 Euro vs 50 Euro at GW), Sauros cold one on Carnosaur (57.50 Euro vs 65 Euro at GW)  and one not available: Bastiladon (40.45 Euro vs 46 at GW)..I realize this is just a snapshot in time of course.

Wonder if and how this can be different for you. Would it matter which country you are in?

Edit...ah now I see. in GBP it is the same price!...wtf. Looks like you are completely right. Models discounted have a strikethrough on the original price. The big dino's don't have that indeed/  But apparently for Eurpean Mainland (or at least the Netherlands) it still makes a difference

Edited by Lowki

3 hours ago, Lowki said:

Edit...ah now I see. in GBP it is the same price!...wtf. Looks like you are completely right. Models discounted have a strikethrough on the original price. The big dino's don't have that indeed/  But apparently for Eurpean Mainland (or at least the Netherlands) it still makes a difference

Weird, I just noticed that. I compared both in GBP which said same price. If I set it to EUR and convert to DKK theres a discount  of approx 15%

Edited by Kasper