Aos 2 - Lumineth Realm-Lords Discussion

HollowHills

I’m still torturing  myself building that armies on parade board. Gotta make sure it’s finished by July or so... hopefully I will have time to paint up those lumineth before October! Still planning on using turbo shift color paints to make a metal that changes in the light.

• Like 1

Luckily I am a sucker for space skellies so I’m painting up some of my Necrons in the new scheme to add the new units to when they drop. But man, it kinda says something about this Lumineth release that I’m still keen for them.
The wait has been excruciating and I really wish they’d just say, “yo dudes, Soz but covid has paused this release until after 9th.”

EDIT: nvm! Our wait is over!!!!

Edited by Tiberius501
  • Like 2

I hope they do the same thing as with the Sisters of Battle box, and let us know in advance. They had a time where it was relatively convenient for most of the time zones, something like 9am GMT. 

They mentioned it in an article like for the video previews they did. 

Edit: here is the link to what I meant: https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/11/13/sisters-of-battle-beyond-the-boxgw-homepage-post-1/ . It was 10am GMT : ) 

And just to add: Finally! I hope everyone who wants a box gets one. 

Edited by LuminethMage
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Lucur said:

I really don't get wjy there has to be a core rule book in the set. Didn't notice it before, but it really bothers me...

Does it really matter? It’s a 20 page booklet, removing it wouldn’t affect the price at all so they might as well chuck it in there.

• Like 2

Yeah, looks like they expect at least some new players coming over to AOS (basically my case, but I already bought the Core Book). I doubt the booklet has any effect on the price. Makes sense with the whole package (dice, markers, gauge etc., ) to also throw this in.

Lol, excitement is picking up already again for me.  😅

Edited by LuminethMage
  • Like 2

42 minutes ago, LuminethMage said:

Yeah, looks like they expect at least some new players coming over to AOS (basically my case, but I already bought Core Book). I doubt the booklet has any effect on the price. Makes sense with the whole package (dice, markers, gauge etc., ) to also throw this in.

Lol, excitement is picking up already again for me.  😅

Yep, I’ll be getting into AOS for the first time with these guys so happy with the book. Just wished the release now wasn’t so close to the new 40k box. 

Need to find some creative ways Justify this to my partner.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Could someone please open the tread: "How to justify to your wife that you need a big 40k box and start a new AoS Army (also with a big box) on the same weekend"

My idea was something like: "Honey you now, its more responsible to stay home and don't visit foreign countries (or your parents) and you told me to take over more responsibility, so I did this for you, for our kids, to protect your sick father. To protect the world. Its not my hobby, its a heroic act. Wow, have you been to the hairdresser- you look super sexy!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 10

1 hour ago, Sonnenspeer said:

Could someone please open the tread: "How to justify to your wife that you need a big 40k box and start a new AoS Army (also with a big box) on the same weekend"

My idea was something like: "Honey you now, its more responsible to stay home and don't visit foreign countries (or your parents) and you told me to take over more responsibility, so I did this for you, for our kids, to protect your sick father. To protect the world. Its not my hobby, its a heroic act. Wow, have you been to the hairdresser- you look super sexy!

You, Sir, just won the (married portion of the) internet! :D

Funnily enough i had just that conversation with my wife yesterday and realized i had no good arguments with the 40k box being around and me still not having finished my Stormcast army... seems LRL will be a slow grow project after updating my Marines and finishing my Stormcast. Unless the box offers stupendous savings, which my wife agreed would be a bad opportunity to pass... ^^

• Like 1

So, now that the army box is going into preorder it will be interesting to see how long it takes until we get the rest of the stuff. If we get it in july, august or if it will be fall until then. Before corona it could have been april for this box and may for the rest. In comparison to the Adapta Sororitas it was november for the box and january when they started releasing codex and units separately (so about 2 months)

12 hours ago, Lucur said:

I really don't get wjy there has to be a core rule book in the set. Didn't notice it before, but it really bothers me...

I actually don't know why it bothers you. Its the core rule booklet they put into each army/2 player Box Set, that you can also download for free not the 320 Page Corebook

10 hours ago, Chikout said:

Preorders usually go live at 10am in each time zone. Not sure about America.

In Germany it is 11AM Berlin (MESZ).

11 hours ago, Chikout said:

Preorders usually go live at 10am in each time zone. Not sure about America.

I’m in Australia, so hopefully it’s 10am here.

I was also wondering if anyone could help with a colour scheme.. I want to do blue as one of the main colours, but I’m really struggling to decide on a second. I really don’t want to paint black or white, as my FEC have a lot of that going on already, as well as green, so I’d like to avoid that too. Any thoughts?

• Like 1

None of the pictures or ideas are mine, but here is a selection of what people posted on different forums (mainly take for the Lumineth Facebook group). Might give you an idea. The first one is from @Sidewinder , you can find his whole army under the painting section here. That would be really fitting for Lumineth too I think. Some of the others do contain black/white though : ) . The other actual figure (purple/gold) is from Martin Orlando. Not sure if he is on this forum. 

u7itFRD.jpg

95759514_10219772600238378_7400990616861016064_n.jpg

97406316_10108596956447457_5238761323931631616_n.jpg

100683536_2670985923006240_1055759891148308480_o.jpg

101561571_4181280321883946_4174596014281326592_n.jpg

102561187_10100827162372418_6222597456517922816_n.jpg

104096710_10158649670920452_9058597982030029887_n.jpg

Edited by LuminethMage

34 minutes ago, michu said:

That map :x

9Wa6XdCo5Fu23iVL.jpg

Looks nice, I only wish GW would stop making maps on double pages like this. It's really hard for wikis to get maps without losing some space in the binding section of the book. For the english community it is a little easier because they can use digital content but this doesn't work in case of other languages.