Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
HollowHills

Aos 2 - Lumineth Realm-Lords Discussion

Recommended Posts

27 minutes ago, Khaedhras said:

If I was already thinking about treating myself to a sabbatical summer...

I mean, this would be the year to do it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Khaedhras said:

Well, WD 454 may be a way of reintroducing the faction at this point, teasing some of the rules and maybe helping people reconnect with the hype and the faction.

Looking on the positive side of things, depending on when they open the pre-orders, I think I'll finish my PhD just in time for the actual release of the full range. If I was already thinking about treating myself to a sabbatical summer...

I would argue that the faction wouldnt need reintroducing if they kept information up, but that's just me.

 

and good job on the PHD!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, OkayestDM said:

I mean, this would be the year to do it.

Indeed! Not that we can travel a lot or make big plans for this year.

1 hour ago, Acid_Nine said:

I would argue that the faction wouldnt need reintroducing if they kept information up, but that's just me.

 

and good job on the PHD!

You make a very good point to which I fully agree. Additionally, we know for a fact that it's not that they ran out of art/lore/rules or whatever from where to write an article to keep things going for us... In any case, this silence is definitely not helping with keeping the interest alive.

And thanks! :)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, GW got quite a lot of complains on Facebook and Twitter, but they still won't commit to anything besides "soon". 

I honestly don't get that. Not that they had to re-arrange their schedule, but why they can't just come out and tell us when they are planned to be released. 

Screenshot 2020-06-08 10.01.02.png

Screenshot 2020-06-08 10.00.28.png

Screenshot 2020-06-08 10.00.08.png

Screenshot 2020-06-08 09.59.34.png

Screenshot 2020-06-08 09.58.28.png

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, LuminethMage said:

I honestly don't get that. Not that they had to re-arrange their schedule, but why they can't just come out and tell us when they are planned to be released. 

It's got to be some sort of policy - and by all accounts the people who have to answer the questions are kept out of the loop - but I agree I don't get it either. With everything being thrown out of wack, a more generous dissemination of information would go a long way towards appeasing people. The not knowing is rough. I could easily wait out a couple of months for the Lumineth to be released if they told me that's how long it would take. Heck, at that point I could even save up for a big ol' gargant, or commit to some other GW purchases that I'm currently holding off on.

 

There's enough uncertainty out there right now, I'd rather not have to deal with it in my hobby too.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was one of those posts lol. So true. I would  not mind waiting at all if they just told us.  It just sucks waiting every sunday to be disappointed. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, OkayestDM said:

It's got to be some sort of policy - and by all accounts the people who have to answer the questions are kept out of the loop - but I agree I don't get it either. With everything being thrown out of wack, a more generous dissemination of information would go a long way towards appeasing people. The not knowing is rough. I could easily wait out a couple of months for the Lumineth to be released if they told me that's how long it would take. Heck, at that point I could even save up for a big ol' gargant, or commit to some other GW purchases that I'm currently holding off on.

 

There's enough uncertainty out there right now, I'd rather not have to deal with it in my hobby too.

Yeah, for some reason, they have that policy that they won't provide a longer release schedule in advance, even in a situation like this. I don't envy the WarCom team there, although most of the feedback's been civil. I honestly don't know why, I think most people feel like us here, everyone understands that due to Covid 19 their release schedule had to be adjusted. But just let us know when it's planned for, so we're not constantly disappointed by another week of "soon". I see no benefit in doing that. But I'm sure there is some reason based on data why they are doing it connected to expected sales. Still, it sucks.  

3 minutes ago, B_LEAVER said:

I was one of those posts lol. So true. I would  not mind waiting at all if they just told us.  It just sucks waiting every sunday to be disappointed. 

Thanks for doing it : ). And I feel totally the same. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

So, as it was said, with the WD coming out on the 26th/27th, the fact that almost everything from the reveals (except specialist games and Pariah) is already out and that we haven't had any AoS news in weeks...do we re-start the wheel of hope for this weekend or do I finally give up and buy some Idoneth Deepkin to make this long wait easier 😛 ?

Edited by Thaliontil

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Thaliontil said:

So, as it was said, with the WD coming out on the 26th/27th, the fact that almost everything from the reveals (except specialist games and Pariah) is already out and that we haven't had any AoS news in weeks...do we re-start the wheel of hope for this weekend or do I finally give up and buy some Idoneth Deepkin to make this long wait easier 😛 ?

I mean if some people are saying it, no less on the internet with no special insight into the cause at hand - it must be true! 

Without joking though, if they not at least put out the announcement for the box this Sunday or next, I think they’ll lose out business-wise. Because exactly that will happen, some people will just buy something else in the end. Especially as they aren’t even trying to keep people interest in the Lumineth at this point. 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/12/2020 at 7:06 AM, LuminethMage said:

I mean if some people are saying it, no less on the internet with no special insight into the cause at hand - it must be true! 

Without joking though, if they not at least put out the announcement for the box this Sunday or next, I think they’ll lose out business-wise. Because exactly that will happen, some people will just buy something else in the end. Especially as they aren’t even trying to keep people interest in the Lumineth at this point. 

 

Yea, it’s a big kick in the stones that we have such a big hullabaloos about the new edition coming up instead. I still feel like all this hype could have been better served being released near the launch date instead of over two months.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/12/2020 at 6:11 AM, Thaliontil said:

So, as it was said, with the WD coming out on the 26th/27th, the fact that almost everything from the reveals (except specialist games and Pariah) is already out and that we haven't had any AoS news in weeks...do we re-start the wheel of hope for this weekend or do I finally give up and buy some Idoneth Deepkin to make this long wait easier 😛 ?

I've already caved in and bought a Mawcrusha to add to my Ironjawz - it's already on the table.  I just couldn't wait any longer.  

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m just very slowly finishing off my FEC painting while I wait... and really hoping that the announcement is this weekend, even if that’s unlikely.

I just really hope we’re not waiting until august.

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the starter doesn't come soon I'm probably going to start a new project instead. I really just want the book so I can see what my options are.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m still torturing  myself building that armies on parade board. Gotta make sure it’s finished by July or so... hopefully I will have time to paint up those lumineth before October! Still planning on using turbo shift color paints to make a metal that changes in the light.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Luckily I am a sucker for space skellies so I’m painting up some of my Necrons in the new scheme to add the new units to when they drop. But man, it kinda says something about this Lumineth release that I’m still keen for them.
The wait has been excruciating and I really wish they’d just say, “yo dudes, Soz but covid has paused this release until after 9th.”

EDIT: nvm! Our wait is over!!!!

Edited by Tiberius501
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We're getting a week full of updates on warscrolls and lore, and then the pre-order during next weekend. I bet these boxes will run out quick!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hopefully the separate kits will come quickly after the box set. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really don't get wjy there has to be a core rule book in the set. Didn't notice it before, but it really bothers me...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Who is that guy with the sword in the new set (Next to the Light of Eltharion)? A hero, or part of the Aularan Wardens?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, AthelLoren said:

Who is that guy with the sword in the new set (Next to the Light of Eltharion)? A hero, or part of the Aularan Wardens?

Just the leader of the wardens

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone know the exact time the pre-orders open each week? :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I hope they do the same thing as with the Sisters of Battle box, and let us know in advance. They had a time where it was relatively convenient for most of the time zones, something like 9am GMT. 

They mentioned it in an article like for the video previews they did. 
 

Edit: here is the link to what I meant: https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/11/13/sisters-of-battle-beyond-the-boxgw-homepage-post-1/ . It was 10am GMT : ) 

And just to add: Finally! I hope everyone who wants a box gets one. 

Edited by LuminethMage
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Sleepers said:

Does anyone know the exact time the pre-orders open each week? :)

Preorders usually go live at 10am in each time zone. Not sure about America.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...