Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
HollowHills

Aos 2 - Lumineth Realm-Lords Discussion

Posted (edited)

you know, I don;t know if we have overhyped this army or not, but can we appreciate we made almost 90 pages before the army even launched? I haven't felt this kind of excitement since the Idoneth and Kharadrons!

Edited by Acid_Nine
went up one page!
  • Like 3

My dude, you just made 90!

and yeah I know, I am vibrating with excitement at a frequency typical of a seizure for these guys. I still can’t get over how f***ing cool the battle cattle model is!

• Like 1

I'm a bit miffed that Teclis didn't make an appearance today  in the GW god tier death match, would've been a perfect opportunity for a rules tease.

• Sad 2

5 hours ago, GrimDork said:

I'm a bit miffed that Teclis didn't make an appearance today  in the GW god tier death match, would've been a perfect opportunity for a rules tease.

Eltharion already made an appearance in one match, and either they have two models from a new army win, leading everyone to cry OP before the army is even released, or they make the star of the new army get chumped by Archaon (more likely, given I don't think Teclis is supposed to be on his level). Either way, not a good look.

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, RocketPropelledGrenade said:

Eltharion already made an appearance in one match, and either they have two models from a new army win, leading everyone to cry OP before the army is even released, or they make the star of the new army get chumped by Archaon (more likely, given I don't think Teclis is supposed to be on his level). Either way, not a good look.

yeaaaa, It's bad enough they had Volturnous fight against Gordrakk (or have him as a mid weight at any rate) but we had the Eidolon entered in the same class as the other gods, which as an idoneth player I can say he is nowhere near that level.

8 hours ago, RocketPropelledGrenade said:

Yeah, you’re probably right. I’m just ready for more!

Ah my friends rejoice! For new releases begin yet again within the next few weeks!

Lumineth are finally coming! 

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

15 minutes ago, Tiberius501 said:

Ah my friends rejoice! For new releases begin yet again within the next few weeks!

Lumineth are finally coming! 

Hoping ours is the first release on 6th June,  can't wait to get my hands on that sweet army box :)

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

That price increase does not bode well... ****** A, it’s already hard enough to pick up units for me.

Yeah I know. Price hikes are understandable with our current situation. But I wish they’d waiting until next year. A bit of a sour moment to kick peeps in the gut. I was really looking forward to getting the new wave of Mechanicus units for 40k but looks like I’m going to have to shelve that idea as Lumineth are probs oh going to take up that money too. 😩

53 minutes ago, valenswift said:

Hoping ours is the first release on 6th June,  can't wait to get my hands on that sweet army box :)

I hope so too! But i'm a bit worried, seeing that the banner of the article shows the Zoat, new AdMech and Aeronautica Imperialis...Worsdt case, I guess we will get the box on the 13th ^^

I just need to know if there’s going to be a Phoenix in this release.  Killing me not knowing the range, I’m on the verge of buying a Flamespyre Phoenix.  But the banner of the Dawnriders seems telling....

I'm not holding out for more unrevealed models, but with this "price adjustment" I'm seriously worried the battle box is going to be ~200 USD, which would be insane. If that's the case I could very well be sitting out on the army I've waited years for, given the current economic situation 

4 hours ago, Rhetoric said:

I just need to know if there’s going to be a Phoenix in this release.  Killing me not knowing the range, I’m on the verge of buying a Flamespyre Phoenix.  But the banner of the Dawnriders seems telling....

I really doubt you'll see a Phoenix. Even if there actually are more models (which seems less and less likely), there are two big reasons: (1) It doesn't seem like it would fit the mountain theme at all and (2) There are already phoenixes in another faction - they aren't going to duplicate a unique creature.

Yeah more likely, if they were to add a Phoenix, would be to give Lumineth the Phoenix’s from the Cities of Sigmar book, Rather than all new ones. Like how Ossiarchs got a couple of Legions of Nagash things in their tome. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, rbstr said:

I really doubt you'll see a Phoenix. Even if there actually are more models (which seems less and less likely), there are two big reasons: (1) It doesn't seem like it would fit the mountain theme at all and (2) There are already phoenixes in another faction - they aren't going to duplicate a unique creature.

Very likely not for this release, but the Lumineth have a lot of runes and symbols with Phoenixes on them, and they are supposed to be all about symbolism.

The Dawnrider flag and some of the heraldic on them is phoenix styled, the Sentinels have the symbol of the Ur-Phoenix on them, as well as Eltharion, who not only has that, but also a phoenix symbol on his chest plate and a phoenix-styled helmet.

The ruler from the box set also shows some phoenix-dragon like statues. If the Lumineth get a phoenix it would likely look a bit different from the Phoenix Temple ones. But those are statues, so who knows in the end. 

Screenshot 2020-05-22 15.13.17.png

Edited by LuminethMage
  • Like 2

I think it’s safe to say that all new models have been spoiled by now, I don’t think there will be any additional releases

2 hours ago, LuminethMage said:

Very likely not for this reveal, but the Lumineth have a lot of runes and symbols with Phoenixes on them, and they are supposed to be all about symbolism.

The Dawnrider flag and some of the heraldic on them is phoenix styled, the Sentinels have the symbol of the Ur-Phoenix on them, as well as Eltharion, who not only has that, but also a phoenix symbol on his chest plate and a phoenix-styled helmet.

The ruler from the box set also shows some phoenix-dragon like statues. If the Lumineth get a phoenix it would likely look a bit different from the Phoenix Temple ones. But those are statues, so who knows in the end. 

Screenshot 2020-05-22 15.13.17.png

I am doubtful there are models  too, but there’s a part of me that can’t deny that all of the Phoenix iconography means something.  

ive never seen that on the ruler before so thank you!

No problem, that’s what months of almost no information does to people, lol. Many of us (including me) thought that the banner and stuff like this means we see a second elemental faction with a phoenix or dragon like monster with this release. Sadly not going to happen this time, but in the future it’s possible. 🔥

Right now I’m just happy that we finally see some progress. Even if it’s still not our turn on the 30th, it shouldn’t be much longer. 

• Like 1

I’m doubtful they will chuck in City Alves as we haven’t seen them anywhere yet unlike where the older Bonereapers where shown at first reveal photos.  Hopefully we get them as Allies at the very least so we can use the godly Phoenix support.

• Like 1

Oh I agree, I don’t think we’re getting anything else and reckon it’ll be a really small army release (though I’m weirdly fine with how it is). 

I agree that with everyone saying we're not going to see new models, but I remain baffled as to the design choices behind it. Not only is Lumineth one of the smaller factions, as has been discussed endlessly, the distribution of warscrolls is really weird. Unless there's some details we haven't seen, there's more hero warscrolls than unit warscrolls, and fully half of the hero warscrolls are unique named heroes (Teclis, Eltharion and Avalenor matched up against Scinari Cathaller, Alarith Stonemage, and the basic Mountain King). There are almost as many named heroes as there are unit choices, especially if the Stoneguard weapon options are part of a single warscroll. Further, we've got at least three mages, compared to a single non-monster melee hero--and even that option ends up being one of the named options.

It feels like it will seriously limit army construction options and playstyles, above and beyond the already present issues with the size of the range. I just don't get the design choices here, especially when combined with the scope of the marketing (which was already in unusual amounts of hype before COVID forced them to stretch things thin). There's a part of my brain that is screaming that there has to be more, even as the rest of it is pointing out that if there were more, we'd have seen hints of it by now.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, RocketPropelledGrenade said:

I agree that with everyone saying we're not going to see new models, but I remain baffled as to the design choices behind it. Not only is Lumineth one of the smaller factions, as has been discussed endlessly, the distribution of warscrolls is really weird. Unless there's some details we haven't seen, there's more hero warscrolls than unit warscrolls, and fully half of the hero warscrolls are unique named heroes (Teclis, Eltharion and Avalenor matched up against Scinari Cathaller, Alarith Stonemage, and the basic Mountain King). There are almost as many named heroes as there are unit choices, especially if the Stoneguard weapon options are part of a single warscroll. Further, we've got at least three mages, compared to a single non-monster melee hero--and even that option ends up being one of the named options.

It feels like it will seriously limit army construction options and playstyles, above and beyond the already present issues with the size of the range. I just don't get the design choices here, especially when combined with the scope of the marketing (which was already in unusual amounts of hype before COVID forced them to stretch things thin). There's a part of my brain that is screaming that there has to be more, even as the rest of it is pointing out that if there were more, we'd have seen hints of it by now.

Exactly, could not have said it better. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, RocketPropelledGrenade said:

I wonder if the designers could have concluded that the way the unit leaders will function as mini-heroes fills that gap somewhat?

4 hours ago, Nighthaunt Noob said:

I wonder if the designers could have concluded that the way the unit leaders will function as mini-heroes fills that gap somewhat?

I don’t know? If they could take command traits or relics, maybe... but it doesn’t feel like an army with an unnamed fighter hero, mounted or not. Who knows, maybe the stone mage is the one that pulls double duty in that it can fight and cast spells?