Aos 2 - Lumineth Realm-Lords Discussion

HollowHills

I can honestly envision ethereal or some kind of regeneration sort of thing, where he takes damage but heals it. I’m excited to see it, but I hope I don’t get my hopes too high.

also, found this today, thinking it was a really old video. Turns out it is from yesterday, go figure. I am going to build at least two of these things, just for the hell of it

Edited by Acid_Nine
  • Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 2

59 minutes ago, Koradrel of Chrace said:

That could be interesting.  After all, how do you kill a shard of light?  I also think he'll probably have the ethereal rule.

Some people speculate that he'd work similar to the Green Knight/Sacred Protector. Maybe today is the day we'll get some info : ) 

@Thiagoma Thanks for not giving up on asking them about the Lumineth model range on Facebook : ). Their last reply ("we have to wait and see") made me a bit more optimistic that we haven't seen everything yet. 

5 hours ago, LuminethMage said:

Some people speculate that he'd work similar to the Green Knight/Sacred Protector. Maybe today is the day we'll get some info : ) 

@Thiagoma Thanks for not giving up on asking them about the Lumineth model range on Facebook : ). Their last reply ("we have to wait and see") made me a bit more optimistic that we haven't seen everything yet. 

Poke their facebook became a hobby on its own to be honest.

• Thanks 1

"White Dwarf 454 (the one we’re previewing below) is 160 pages and will go on sale in the last week of June."

A bit disappointed by this, but let's see how the situation in the UK develops and if they can safely re-open the factory throughout May, so we get some rules previews soon.

Finally, a spear unit with a sensible spear length. I mean holy ****** compare that with the Freecity spear length and it's night and day!

"Dang it! Your spear is too long, I can’t  get my Orks into base to base contact!”

"yup, that's the point!"

Edited by Acid_Nine
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Arentius said:

The guy at the front middle doesn't look like one of the hammer guys? The haft looks much longer than previously seen pictures and it might just be the picture but he doesn't appear to have a cow motiff on his head

its just the picture angle, if you look closely you can see the horns. still just goes to show how long some of these hafts are.

I know that with this much zoom and pixelation, the eyes should not be trusted. To the left I can identify the lancers, archers and dawnriders. In the background, maybe a spirit of the mountain. But just what is that thing in the front of the battle report picture? There are two bases, the mini in the front does look like Eltharion due to the base and the helmet, but I cannot relate the thing in brown that's behind him with anything we've seen so far. Any help from someone with keener eyes than myself? Any wild guesses?

image.png.cd48929364308002bb6b396caf5281e2.png

• Like 1

I'm not sure, but my hope is that it is a mounted character. However, the part of it that looks like a sword being raised is actually the right leg of the Alarith mountain spirit character Avelenor far in the background. 

It doesn't really look like anything we have been shown thus far, and it appears to be on a bigger base than Eltharion who I believe to be on a 40mm, so this is likely a 50mm base.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Arentius said:

The guy at the front middle doesn't look like one of the hammer guys? The haft looks much longer than previously seen pictures and it might just be the picture but he doesn't appear to have a cow motiff on his head

I’m with you on this, the cow helmet is definitely there on the guy in the foreground, but the guy behind him definitely does not have a cow helmet.

okay, maybe he does..

Edited by Sleepers

Yeah any remaining doubt about these hammer guys has sort of been smashed by this pic. They look quite elfy and just awesome. Mad keen for this army! I really wish they’d release their battle tome as a PDF to have something to read!

Edited by Tiberius501
  • Like 2

Some news about the Lumineth from the new RPG (Soulbound). It's a gorgeous book, check it out. Just a few things about the Lumineth (they are not as such in the book, but there is a bit of information about Hysh, Tyrion and Teclis). Most of it we already knew, but: 

• Tyrion is indeed blind, and has cloth over his eyes like "blind Eltharion". He has very, very, very shiny armour and an even much shinier sword. 
  • The Hyshian spirits are called Aelementor.  
  • The mountain faction is from Ymetrica, they are the Lumineth best warriors, and fight everywhere in the Mortal Realms.
  • Zaitrec is a nation of very powerful mystics (but also seems to be totally messed up right now). The spell we have seen before is from Zaitrec. 
  • Syar is a nation of artisans. 
  • The Realm-lords are exactly as much lords of the Realm as we thought (as in not really ...). 
  • Magic has really gone wild after the Necroquake. 

So basically the Alarith are the warriors of the Lumineth. That's why we have seen them. The Scinari Cathaller could be a Zaitrec (just my speculation at the moment)

• Like 6