Aos 2 - Lumineth Realm-Lords Discussion

HollowHills

Christ, we went from cool looking aelves to a battalion which requires 0-1 Laughing Cow's

GW just recasted a Ghorgon here and added some armour and hammers 😆

this is the GW equivalent of Iron Fist on Netflix.

• Haha 1

The new infantry looks great to me! Willing to bet that’s a lot with more than one unit you can build from it.

I’m  less sure about the giant cow thing though.  I might pass on that one.

Edited by Azamar

The Cow looks super cool, distinctly un-elfy as it is. The Hammer guys are more or less what I expected except with even more ridiculous headgear.

Every time we see more Lumineth I find myself saying "Ok...but what does the rest of the range look like?" In terms of delivering an army no one could have predicted, Lumineth are certainly up there so far.

• Like 2

the warco monster is not my thing. The infantry looks cool though. But the helmets will have to be changed. I'm also thinking those cow heads on top of the helmets might make great masks for something else. Right now I'm thinking to turn these into updated phoenix guard... 

In the movie clip you can see the veiled lady in the centre of the army shot.

• Like 2

Just now, Adeeb said:

So is that the whole range? Disappointing if it is

Nah, we've got rumor engines and other lowdown images that haven't been revealed yet.

It's hard to imagine we will get all four elements in the initial release, but keep in mind that the sum total of what we've seen so far is pretty much just the basic battle line troops (Spearmen, Archers, Light Cav) the Mountain Clan (Bull, Hammerers, Horn Mage) and Teclis.

We've seen basically nothing of River, Air or Zenith yet, and at the very least the phoenix thing is on too many of these models to not be part of the range.

• Like 1

So besides the full mountain faction, which is called Alarith, we got some more information.

- There is more to explore (so looks like this is not the full range, we even might get all 4 sub-factions, although that just seems too much. They said though that the "range surpassed their own expectations" )

- The Lumineth had super powerful magic and basically destroyed Hysh in an atomic magic civil war with epic fallout, but still think they are the best (typical Aelf stuff). It looks like this faction will be really big on magic, if that's not just fluff. 

- But they kind of feel a tidbit bad about that and try to make amends with the spirits of Hysh. 

- Everything is still pretty much messed up, but hey we are fighting Chaos together with the Realm now. 

- The named cow spirit is Alarith himself the "Mount Everest of Hysh".  

- The Hammer unit is called Stoneguard (I think) 

- They really made elves with cow helmets and hammers 😱. And I kinda like it, though the helmets are a bit much. I hope they had that toned down somewhat for the other sub-cultures. The mountain factions is definitely not about stealth lol. 

• Like 2

Only issue with the hammer aelves is the ginormous helmets, but like others have suggested, cutting the actual bull head crest out and using that as the head (with some green stuff to form a neck underneath) would probably look much better. Otherwise, they're awesome. The mountain spirits are not at all what I was expecting, but very cool nonetheless! 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Thaliontil said:

image.png.cbafb48081243108c92022dc9652acdd.png

Aren't those riders with bows on the right? And isn't there another character just between Teclis and the archers?

Can't tell on the riders but that's definitely the veiled woman there behind the archers.

Can anyone do a photoshop on those hammer elves to move the bullhead down to replace their heads?

• Like 1