Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
HollowHills

Aos 2 - Lumineth Realm-Lords Discussion

Is everyone looking forward to the fairly sparse article tonight? I’m mainly keen to see a hopefully new piece of art of the horsies, some different angles of the horsie models, and then what the next article will be about. I’m sort of hoping they talk about something new next time but I’m assuming it’ll be Teclis and/or Light Bro. 

• Like 1

I'm mostly curiozs if there will  e a picture of horsemen with bows. I would really love a few TTOTALLY NOT Ellyrian Reivers...

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

@Tiberius501I'm still excited. Like you I'm looking forward for hopefully new art. So far I loved both of the Wardens, especially the "Zenith" one. Maybe we even get a bit of new lore (what the names mean for example) or "gasp" in small insight into their mechanics. 

I have exactly the same assumption about what next time's article will be about. Or archers, as they already have given us the name, and it would make the old troika of base units complete. 

@LuminethMage If they spoke about the archers next time that would be ace. And yeah I’m really liking their art so far, really keen to see the full book for all the badass art they do these days to flesh out the factions with cities and stuff. 

Holy moley, I didn't realize it had been two weeks since the last article!  I think we did a lot better this time around waiting for this article, compared to how we did between the first two articles.

• Haha 2

A bit disappointing, tbh. The miniatures look amazing, though. However, I don't know if we should expect an Ellyrion-like cavalry unit coming next or, instead, a Dragon Princes one. They say that Teclis taught the Dawnriders, which would imply that Tyrion has another unit of knights, perhaps heavier? However, later in the article they say that they have a more "Tyrionic" influence. Looking forward to the 9th of March!

• Like 1

Btw, sorry for the double post, but they sent me this photo. Does somebody identify the miniature on the back? Any idea on what could it be?

Dawnriders.jfif

Edited by Thaliontil

Both this, and the last article mentions unalignend units (Warden and Dawnrider belonging to both gods at the same time), which implies to exsistance of units aliegnend with either Tyrion OR Teclis. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Thaliontil said:

Btw, sorry for the double post, but they sent me this photo. Does somebody identify the miniature on the back? Any idea on what could it be?

Dawnriders.jfif 108 kB · 1 download

That's one of Rumour Engines - probably terrain piece.

Is it? The base looks to be 32/40 mms, so perhaps one of the rumoured elementals? Seems to be some sort of rocky thing.

Interesting that the article mentions Phoenixes for the first time, might be a subtle hint at the inclusion of Phoenix Temple. OTOH, that stylized phoenix on the banners looks nothing like the phoenixes we know, if anything it more closely resembles a long tailed sphinx with a beaked head.

• Like 2

So the article didn't say that much, but I think it confirms that Auralan is for Teclis and Vanari is for Tyrion. Especially this paragraph about heraldry

The icons on the unit’s shields, however, are intended to be something more akin to the personal pageantry of the knight carrying them. These often include stylised sun and phoenix symbols – though formally centre-aligned between the Hyshian gods, a more militaristic, Tyrionic influence is clearly prevalent. This is further emphasised by the majestic phoenix design on the Dawnriders’ fluttering banner, though Neil also ensured that Teclian moons were commonplace on the miniatures to maintain the balance between the two Lumineth deities.

More models will be shown at Adepticon right? Hoping the archers will be Vanari Auralan something and we'll get to see some brother-specific units.

edit: Just checked and phew I hope we see more Lumineth before March 25th...

Edited by CommissarRotke
  • Like 2

I am pretty meh on the article today, but they discussed an awesome looking Calvary unit so i’m pretty happy. I like the look of these guys, and I hope they have some fun rules so I can collect a bunch of them and feed my polish winged hussar need. I also think that like the spears in the phalanx unit they must have some magical stuff to their lance tips to make the charge even stronger.

i hope there is more heavy cav stuff coming along though. I love the horse models but I would love something a lot more meaty in terms of mounts. I just hope the book doesn’t pull an idoneth and have three different class systems where rules don’t effect each other.

• Like 1

These models are beautiful and I'm enjoying the insight but man, oh man are these articles kind of toothless. Oh well! Once it's closer to release I'm sure they'll get meatier.

• Like 1

Absolutely love these models, and even more than the infantry now we have a few more angles of them (the horse with the fully extended forelimb looks a lot less goofy once you can see the full pose).

phoenix design on the banner is odd though- could be a new type of Phoenix rather than a redesign? 

1 hour ago, Azamar said:

Absolutely love these models, and even more than the infantry now we have a few more angles of them (the horse with the fully extended forelimb looks a lot less goofy once you can see the full pose).

phoenix design on the banner is odd though- could be a new type of Phoenix rather than a redesign? 

Nvm I re-reread it XD... yeah it's very odd... If that means phoenixes are getting a redesign then I am all in for it. Otherwise... did they mockingly call it a phoenix in order to not spoil anything?

Edited by JackStreicher

From a uniqueness perspective, the Aelven tie to phoenixes has always been one of the faction's selling points.  It will be interesting to see if they keep strong ties with the Phoenix Temples.

While the article didn't really say much, I do like the hints that they've dropped that Tyrion and Teclis seem to be equally invested in this faction.   I suspect that that might mean that Teclis is in charge of their more offensive armies (since he's the meddler), and Tyrion is in charge of their defenses in Hysh.  Which mirrors some cryptic comments that Whitefang had dropped a little bit ago.

Having thought about it some more, if they do want to keep Phoenix Temple for whatever reason (Since they're kind of dead-end models otherwise,) GW could pull something similar to what Mawtribes did with the Firebellies/ManEaters. Part of the faction technically, but treated culturally as outsiders who sometimes tag along rather than part of the Lumineth proper.

• Like 1