Aos 2 - Lumineth Realm-Lords Discussion

HollowHills

On 5/4/2021 at 9:37 AM, kozokus said:

denying early ennemy alpha strike

Which ennemy did you fight, and how did you deny alpha strike with the pre-move?

23 hours ago, Mesi said:

Just played a Tournament with the following list

Very interesting feedback. I don't understand how the regent even with sanctum can tank a whole KO shooting phase :) and even so why the KO target the regent while he can probably alpha strike Teclis or Severith?
The shrine setup rules are described in the BT on the left page : 1" from other terrains, 6" from objectives. During my games, it was not so great as it was quite far from the action. So leaving a cathalar was absolutely not an option.

10 hours ago, Koradrel of Chrace said:

What is the greater foe that Tyrion is fighting?

I was thinking as well he is fighting something related to Slaanesh with Malerion maybe. Malerion has a huge part in lumineth lore. And nothing has been announced/revealed for Malerion, as per Tyrion. So I was sadly thinking that maybe they can be in the same BT. I really thing we already have a huge BT in Lumineth and they will never add Tyrion and the tyrionic units. So maybe something about a corrupted Tyrion + Malerion and a new Umbraneth/Shadowneth faction! :D just speculation

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, adboyslim said:

Which ennemy did you fight, and how did you deny alpha strike with the pre-move?

Cities of Sigmar, i made a slight move forward qith dawnraiders, it pushed back the bridge and allowed me to give turn1 freely, the loss of a couple of horses was hard but bearable compared to what would happen otherwise.

7 hours ago, adboyslim said:

During my games, it was not so great as it was quite far from the action. So leaving a cathalar was absolutely not an option.

I've been considering the option of putting a Windmage with Guiding Flurries on the Shrine with Sentinels nearby.  With a 16" move he can still play a role later in the game if needs be.  The Cathallar can then move forward with Wardens or Bladelords.  What do you think?

Will Ymetrica still be viable if we lose the stone skin rule of the Mountain Temple batallion, as some seem to suggest? 

Playing the Nation just for the -2 rend protection and Stoneguard as battle line seems a little lackluster...

2 hours ago, Maogrim said:

Will Ymetrica still be viable if we lose the stone skin rule of the Mountain Temple batallion, as some seem to suggest? 

Playing the Nation just for the -2 rend protection and Stoneguard as battle line seems a little lackluster...

Why would we lose that?

51 minutes ago, Rune said:

Why would we lose that?

There have been rumors that battailons of any kind from any faction may get removed from the matched play section and replaced by Formations that all faction have access to, in aos 3, although if this is what really will happens is currently uncertain 

Edited by Skreech Verminking

Strictly speaking, if you mean competitively, Ymetrica hasn’t been viable even with the battalion. Losing the battalion won’t help. But AOS3, if the rumors are correct, will bring so many changes, hard to say how it looks like afterwards. Doesn’t look great for LRL though, as we do not have many re-rolls, pluses to attacks and similar things which seem to be untouched, but rely on debuffs which will be limited to +/- 1 largely. 

Ymetrica is bad. Only provides buffs to Alarith, one to an ability which doesn’t work, bad command trait, and meh artifact. If the meta changes see show to melee armies with high rend but no mortal wounds output, it’ll be one ok. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Maogrim said:

You are breaking my heart... 🥺

If you don’t play to win in larger tournaments - it isn’t that bad. The Aalrith aren’t bad as such, and with the Hurakan you can also combine them now with faster units. Just Ymetrica won’t contribute besides the rend and Battleline (if the rumors are true). But this change will also hit many other strong current armies.

If you really want to use Alarith, you can build lists around them which are ok. Especially if you don’t have armies like Seraphon or Tzeentch in your local meta. 

Or you can try to play Alarith with Teclis. Won’t work against certain armies either, but should be still ok in many cases. With Stoneguard being cheap, you can have a lot of MSU making it harder to hit Teclis, and -2 rend, plus a 5+ Ward (and often -1 to hit/quartz) aren’t bad either. 

It all depends on what you want to do: win as many games as you can (then you probably have to forget Ymetrica for now) or just try to play good with an army you like. The latter always will be bad against some opponents, if you aren’t lucky and your favorite units are by chance all really good. 

Let’s see what AoS3 brings. They’ll have to update all battletomes afterwards anyway, and as Ymetrica has been pretty bad already - it might get better traits in an update.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, LuminethMage said:

as Ymetrica has been pretty bad already - it might get better traits in an update.

The problem they have now is if they give Ymetrica better traits all the named characters would get them as well.  They would still have to restrict the rules to Alarith only to avoid that happening.

I think Ymetrica as a subfaction needs a reworking.  What it does right now is a little too restrictive, especially for what is supposed to be the flagship faction.  There are ways you could incentivise playing Alarith in the subfaction while still encouraging other elements.  The fact is Alarith need pretty heavy support, even when taken in Ymetrica.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, adboyslim said:

Very interesting feedback. I don't understand how the regent even with sanctum can tank a whole KO shooting phase :) and even so why the KO target the regent while he can probably alpha strike Teclis or Severith?
The shrine setup rules are described in the BT on the left page : 1" from other terrains, 6" from objectives. During my games, it was not so great as it was quite far from the action. So leaving a cathalar was absolutely not an option.

I have Broken Realms book and not the new Battletome, I'll take another look! But thank you for the info on placement!

I deployed Teclis back far enough and screened him out so he'd only be able to hit him with the 24" guns on the boats. Severith was fair game, I expected to lose him so deployed him alone to screen out Teclis. The KO player just had bad target priority and I don't think he realized what Severith could do because he ignored him completely at first.

My Regent was the target for assassinate and I had him chosen as Precious possession. (I think that's the name) So he really wanted to get that auxiliary and deny me mine I guess. The reason he survived was because he was in cover, next to a 20 man block of spearmen, with Sanctum up. I was Syar so I popped an Atherquartz for +1 to save. Because I could still benefit from Purest Aetherquartz ability. And he had mystic shield up. 

Look out Sir, Sanctum of Amyntok and his rule Purest Aetherquartz stacked for a -3 to hit. With Sanctum putting him at a 2+ save, he had a 1+ save in cover with an additional +1 from the Quartz. So Even -2 Rends gave me a 2+ save still. And I was rerolling 1's. Basically his whole army was only hitting on 6s and I still got a 2+ save with rerolls vs mostly everything. Definitely an all in situation but it paid off. Much to my opponents frustration. Really he should have stopped shooting at him... but who was I to say otherwise!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Aelfric said:

I've been considering the option of putting a Windmage with Guiding Flurries on the Shrine with Sentinels nearby.  With a 16" move he can still play a role later in the game if needs be.  The Cathallar can then move forward with Wardens or Bladelords.  What do you think?

Not really unfortunately. Because you cannot escape from the shrine as a normal move. If you are garrisoning you can just go out setting up your hero a 6’ of the shrine instead of moving (no matter your move is). 

2 hours ago, adboyslim said:

Not really unfortunately. Because you cannot escape from the shrine as a normal move. If you are garrisoning you can just go out setting up your hero a 6’ of the shrine instead of moving (no matter your move is). 

Your right, wasn't thinking.  The Calligrave is prob the best option then as it's the cheapest hero we have and can still reach out with magic.  A lot will depend on the changes to CP cultivation and use in 3rd to see wether it's worth tying up a hero on the Shrine or not.

They'll probably still be there for narrative play.  Remember, the average player isn't as tournament hungry as some of us are.  Most play in their garages and basements with just a couple close friends.  Alternatively, if we get something similar to 40k's Crusade system, perhaps they'll be used in that.  I'd like to maybe see something like the old Regiments of Renown return.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Koradrel of Chrace said:

They'll probably still be there for narrative play.  Remember, the average player isn't as tournament hungry as some of us are.  Most play in their garages and basements with just a couple close friends.  Alternatively, if we get something similar to 40k's Crusade system, perhaps they'll be used in that.  I'd like to maybe see something like the old Regiments of Renown return.

I think something like the Crusade system is going to happen yeah, they mentioned a new narrative system, and it looks like a lot of 40K elements will make it into AoS. So it’d make sense, seems to be popular. 

On 5/8/2021 at 4:46 AM, Mesi said:

Look out Sir, Sanctum of Amyntok and his rule Purest Aetherquartz stacked for a -3 to hit.

Thanks for the feedback. I’playing against KO next week. So I just hope my opponent will do such mistake to target my -2/-3 to hit hero. But he won’t 😅

Any advice please let me know? I don’t know yet if I rather go syar and let him start to deploy against TP. Or take Alumnia and just go straight to block him in his side. 
how was Sevireth? What did you do with him? I’m just afraid he is not good against shooting army and will just be killed T1, no?

Looks like FAQs have been updated- no major changes except the ymetrica keyword dropped from Sevireth. Also confirmed the loreseeker can’t have artefacts, and setting up a Vanari unit again (e.g by teleporting) does restore shining company

On 5/8/2021 at 1:12 AM, LuminethMage said:

If you don’t play to win in larger tournaments - it isn’t that bad. The Aalrith aren’t bad as such, and with the Hurakan you can also combine them now with faster units. Just Ymetrica won’t contribute besides the rend and Battleline (if the rumors are true). But this change will also hit many other strong current armies.

If you really want to use Alarith, you can build lists around them which are ok. Especially if you don’t have armies like Seraphon or Tzeentch in your local meta. 

Or you can try to play Alarith with Teclis. Won’t work against certain armies either, but should be still ok in many cases. With Stoneguard being cheap, you can have a lot of MSU making it harder to hit Teclis, and -2 rend, plus a 5+ Ward (and often -1 to hit/quartz) aren’t bad either. 

It all depends on what you want to do: win as many games as you can (then you probably have to forget Ymetrica for now) or just try to play good with an army you like. The latter always will be bad against some opponents, if you aren’t lucky and your favorite units are by chance all really good. 

Let’s see what AoS3 brings. They’ll have to update all battletomes afterwards anyway, and as Ymetrica has been pretty bad already - it might get better traits in an update.

Now hold on, i play ymtrica often vs the most competitive armies used by really strong players, ymtrica is not bad, you just have to know what to do and have a LOT of knowledge about list building and what other armies do.

it even hard counters some armies

i am not saying that is SS tier but you can bring it to a tournament and score a lot of wins

• Thanks 2

Anyone have any tips for going against Tzeentch? Feels like a very uphill battle...

Our dozens of casts just powers up their summons, their casting kills our limited elite units, their shooting is better, and (especially with archaeon) they run over us in melee also.