Aos 2 - Lumineth Realm-Lords Discussion

HollowHills

32 minutes ago, Koradrel of Chrace said:

Considering we're still in the midst of the Soul Wars, does anyone think we might be fighting a Death army?

Unless Vampires are coming in the next few months, I doubt it. Nighthaunt, FEC, and Bonereapers already got their recent battleboxes, and I don't see generic LON getting one.

In terms of factions that haven't recently gotten a vs box that aren't order, there's basically BoC, STD, Orruks, or SoB. It's a surprisingly short list, especially since it could be argued that the new STD Start Collecting was originally meant to be a Shadowspear like vs box.

• Like 1

Hmm, so of that list, my top picks would be either Orruks, or STD.  Orruks to continue the classic (not)Elf vs. (not)Orc rivalry.  STD to perhaps continue the narrative that occured in WotE.

.....unless we get a new Soulblight force for them to fight, which would tick all of my boxes.

Edited by Koradrel of Chrace
  • Like 1

Honestly I think that  the lumineth will be going on the offensive like @LuminethMage mentioned. Teclis got a massive wake up call that chaos found where slaanesh was, however briefly, and decides to get out of his aether-tower and go on a crusade. He could see archeon’s distraction as a chance for his elves to get a foot hold in the realm of life and to end any gaps that may lead to his new prison, in the process becoming the realm lords.

• Like 1

I could stand to have a more aggresive force.  That was always one of the drawbacks of the High Elves of old, that they so rarely left Ulthuan that it made it hard to justify from a narrative perspective the battles you were fighting on the table top.  To be an active force in the setting and not just reactive would be really cool.

• Like 4

Very interesting. I didn’t think about Destruction or Death at all. Would be funny if we all think Chaos is the boss in Hysh, but they’d been wiped out by some Orks there long time ago. We know so little about Hysh anything is possible (I think Chaos is more likely though).

One of my friends couldn’t be happier if he’d splash my shiny elves with some new Soulblight forces. In Malign Sorcery we heard that Teclis was able to lessen the effects of the Necroquake by building a huge aerherquartz tower (Tower of Prios), but we don’t know how effective that was. 

Edit: exactly I really hope that at least for a while we get some expansive Lumineth, just to differentiate things from before. I wonder though - with all the broken buildings stuff they have on their bases, if we won’t get Lumineth fighting for their existence again. Could be also symbolic in the sense of - reborn from the past, but makes me a bit worried. 

Edited by LuminethMage
  • Like 2

They greatest weakness of AOS' story, in my humble opinion, is the way they handle Chaos vs. Sigmar.  I understand that he's the hero of the setting (kinda hard to miss that since he has a whole Age named after him!), but GW goes out of their way to bludgeon you over the head with the fact that only Azyr and Sigmar stayed safe through the Age of Chaos.  Tyrion, Teclis, and Malarion managed to capture one of the Chaos gods, yet the little fluff we have on Hysh talks about how the Realm of Light was still conquered by Chaos.  By not really letting anyone besides Sigmar stand a chance against Chaos, they are kinda shooting themselves in the foot.

That said, with Katakross establishing a foothold in the Eightpoints for Death, I am holding out some hope that they will let some of the other forces push back against the Darkness.  And who better to establish another foothold for Order than Tyrion and Teclis?

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Casandora Yellow said:

I hope so! I'm stealing my armies narrative from the blood elves where the undead attack a large isolated city in Hysh, or Ghyran.

Add a broken alliance with the city of Sigmar for having a bigot human ambassador who left the path to your guys intentionally open.

Edited by Tiger
  • Haha 1

Do we know if the Realmgate between the Allpoints and the Realm of Hysh is sealed or held by Chaos? Or if only the part in the Allpoints is held by the Slaves to Darkness and the part in Hysh is occupied by a Lumineth-Garrison? :D You know, I always liked Garrison-Forces: In Ulthuan you had the "Unicorn Gate", "Dragon Gate", etc. and they offered creative Space for unique Armies.
Of course the prospect of an active and expanding Lumineth Faction is very nice. For now we can only guess what their motives are.
On another note: What do you all recon the realtionship between Tyrion and Alarielle will be? Will they have a short Paragraph in our BT about it? My guess is that GW will ignore it entirely.^^

• Like 1

In Wrath of the Everchosen it says that indeed Chaos forces hold all Realmgates on both sides, except for Aqshy, Ghyran and Ghur. That would be my guess, that the Lumineth attack (and gain) the gate on their side in their Battletome. The Gate Armies were great. 

Probably they won’t go into the relationship between Tyrion and Alarielle. But that would also be interesting... .

• Thanks 1

Supposedly if the Heart of Avelorn (the pendant Alarielle gave to Tyrion for protection) ever broke, it would save Tyrion, but it would "destroy their love for all ages of the world."  Well, it did break and save him.  So now we have to wonder whether the Motal Realms count as a new world or just another Age of the world that was.  That said, they did face the destruction of everything while holding hands.  I really hope GW doesn't decide to completely scrap their relationship.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

I was bored and made a small chart to compare the Runes on the Vanari Auralan Warden Shields with the old High Elven Runes out of the "Uniforms and Heraldy of the High Elves" Book. I hope it works for you - I could not find a reasonable way to display the chart directly in the forums.
Edit: Yeah I didnt think of a PDF - good point. :)
Fun Fact: If you Switch the Rune "Yngra - Rescue, Inprisonment" upside down it becomes "Denla - Freedom, fulfilment, epmtiness". 😁

Yeah I also was amazed at the "Twins" Rune - it is sooo lovely! 🥰
Sad that two of the Runes mean "War without end" ... ;(

Runes.odt

Runes_PDF.pdf

Edited by Aloth_Corfiser
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • LOVE IT! 3

55 minutes ago, Aloth_Corfiser said:

I was bored and made a small chart to compare the Runes on the Vanari Auralan Warden Shields with the old High Elven Runes out of the "Uniforms and Heraldy of the High Elves" Book. I hope it works for you - I could not find a reasonable way to display the chart directly in the forums.

Runes.odt 570.08 kB · 3 downloads

Can you make that into a pdf? I opened it in drive but it may be easier for others in that format.

that said I absolutely love that chart. The runes make a heck of a lot of sense now. The one that particularly struck me is the ‘twins’ rune, symbolizing war without end. Makes yah think doesn’t it?

4 hours ago, Aloth_Corfiser said:

Fun Fact: If you Switch the Rune "Yngra - Rescue, Inprisonment" upside down it becomes "Denla - Freedom, fulfilment, epmtiness". 😁

Runes.odt 570.08 kB · 7 downloads

Runes_PDF.pdf 255.46 kB · 6 downloads

Hi, I love you for this. 😘 

Edited by FlatTooth

7 hours ago, Aloth_Corfiser said:

Great, really interesting. 

throw in my 2 cent about the release stuff, I think that we also have to figure that they might release the new lizardmen, saurians? is that correct? before they release the LRL. that also might change what kind of battle forces or boxes we might get and how the story might or might not introduce our beloved Aelves.

• Like 1

You know, I've been kind of been following this topic from time to time, and I think everyone has made a rather large assumption.  Because of how info was released, every one assumed that the Seraphon Battletome would be released before the Lumineth.  But nobody really knows that for sure.  It would make practical sense to finish the cycle of 2nd addition books before releasing a new army.  Yet, the timing and release of the Bonereapers should prove that GW does what they want with their release schedule.  At this point, I think it might be taking too much for granted to assume what order things might be coming out.

.....and I assure you that this is a totally unbiased point of view, uncolored by the fact that I want my Pointy Aelves naow!!!!

• Like 1

Is everyone looking forward to the fairly sparse article tonight? I’m mainly keen to see a hopefully new piece of art of the horsies, some different angles of the horsie models, and then what the next article will be about. I’m sort of hoping they talk about something new next time but I’m assuming it’ll be Teclis and/or Light Bro. 

• Like 1

@Tiberius501I'm still excited. Like you I'm looking forward for hopefully new art. So far I loved both of the Wardens, especially the "Zenith" one. Maybe we even get a bit of new lore (what the names mean for example) or "gasp" in small insight into their mechanics. 

I have exactly the same assumption about what next time's article will be about. Or archers, as they already have given us the name, and it would make the old troika of base units complete.