Aos 2 - Lumineth Realm-Lords Discussion

HollowHills

Some interesting stuff. Are the Bladelords worth using? 2+ bodyguard rule is pretty good, but not getting additional dmg bonuses from anything seems meh. I guess their niche is bodyguarding and they’re good at it. 120pts though. Hmmm.

Lord Regent seems pretty good, though do they get a command ability?

I like the Ballista and Loreseeker the most, a little disappointed with the bannerblade, but he seems good.

Overall though these units seem fun from these theories, intrigued to see them all properly written down to digest fully.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, l1censetochill said:

Really hard to make a judgment until we see all of the warscrolls and allegiance abilities confirmed, but my gut instinct tells me that Alumnia may actually turn out to be pretty good (if the "theories" are true) - being able to move units before the first battle round, giving units run & charge as a command ability, and getting a teleport would go a long way to solving our biggest issue: low mobility allowing enemies to trap you in your deployment zone and stack up on objectives.

Syar may still be better, but I'd definitely consider this as a nice alternative.

First impressions mate, I will surely go more in depth with the full pages.

1 hour ago, Athrawes said:

I didn't see the normal fox in the leaks, just sevireth. Could somebody with better eyes than me point them out in a PM?

1 hour ago, Siegfried VII said:

Me too! I haven't seen the normal spirit of the wind. Let us spread the love! 🙂 

Same profile but with 2 less rend and 2 less wounds

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Tiberius501 said:

Some interesting stuff. Are the Bladelords worth using? 2+ bodyguard rule is pretty good, but not getting additional dmg bonuses from anything seems meh. I guess their niche is bodyguarding and they’re good at it. 120pts though. Hmmm.

Lord Regent seems pretty good, though do they get a command ability?

I like the Ballista and Loreseeker the most, a little disappointed with the bannerblade, but he seems good.

Overall though these units seem fun from these theories, intrigued to see them all properly written down to digest fully.

I have to imagine the "theory" about bladelords is missing something. There's no way they don't have the sunmetal weapons rule. Not being a wizard would be strange as a vanari unit, and what about Ailenn's extra defense vs ranged attacks in underworlds? As it is they, stoneguard are just better in almost every respect. I REALLY hope there's more to them. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, chosen_of_khaine said:

I have to imagine the "theory" about bladelords is missing something. There's no way they don't have the sunmetal weapons rule. Not being a wizard would be strange as a vanari unit, and what about Ailenn's extra defense vs ranged attacks in underworlds? As it is they, stoneguard are just better in almost every respect. I REALLY hope there's more to them. 

Yeah me too. I want to love these guys! 

• Like 1

If the theories are true, we're getting some powerful stuff!

Unless there's more to them, the Bladelords will sadly not be the killing machines I had hoped for. Nevertheless, they'll make for terrific meatshields for our squishy mages, which is acceptable and still useful. (But it ain't over 'til its over!)

If they're right about the Wind Spirits, they're going to be the hit-and-run unit of my dreams!  Probably going to drive people crazy though. I'll take 3.

There seems to be a distinct lack of command abilities, which cannot possibly be correct. I'm still holding out hope that we get something that interacts with shining company.

Several of the spells and abilities would be a bit of a kill-joy for the opponent. Fortunately, such things are optional.

Overall, color me intrigued. I eagerly anticipate when I have the book in my hands for myself!

• Like 1

The first two list I will test

Illiatha
Regent (160)
Cathallar (140)
Loreseeker (160)
Calligrave (100)

3x 10 Wardens (360)
3x 10 Sentinels (420)
3x 1 Ballista (300)
1x 5 Blademaster (120)

Auralan legion(120)
Ballista Battalion(120)

2000pt

Ymetrica
Sevireth (300)
Cow mage (130)
Goku (120)

2x5 stoneguards (200)
1x10 stoneguards (200)

2x5 windrunners (300)
Lil' fox (250)
Generic Cow (340)

Alarith temple (120)

1960pt

(I'm still thinking about switching that little fox to another 5 stoneguards and hurakan battalion)

Edited by Ragest

I am so lost right now haha.  I assume some "future insights" have been posted in other places?  I honestly could not care less about how powerful the rules are or are not.  As long as they stay decent when the inevitable nerfs happen.  I have honestly thought that the number of actual players who go out and buy whole new armies based on powerlevel are few and far between.

If we are OP for now wonderful.   Won't impact me much as playing games is still not really a thing.

• Like 4

A super fluffy, 2 temple list I'm looking to build towards:

Windmage
2x5 Windchargers
Spirit of the Wind

Stonemage
1x10 Stoneguard
Spirit of the Mountain

Lord Regent
2x10 Wardens
2x10 Sentinels

1990pts

So there's a Hurakan, Alarith, and Vanari "detachment", no named characters so all "your guys", lots of bodies, and seems really fun to play. Thinking Syar as a generic nation that benefits all groups.

So, the ballista gets +1 shot when it sits still, right? Does the battalion give it yet another one? Or does the battalion just make it’s 6+ FnP go to 5+? (Which still seems good btw).

I reckon I’m gonna get a Loreseeker and 2 ballista to add to my list, not sure what else yet. I was planning on using a big block of Bladelords as my elite killy unit, but maybe I’ll just do 5 to bodyguard and fill the other points with something else. Not sure yet though.

42 minutes ago, Austin said:

I am so lost right now haha.  I assume some "future insights" have been posted in other places?  I honestly could not care less about how powerful the rules are or are not.  As long as they stay decent when the inevitable nerfs happen.  I have honestly thought that the number of actual players who go out and buy whole new armies based on powerlevel are few and far between.

If we are OP for now wonderful.   Won't impact me much as playing games is still not really a thing.

Looking at all the "future insights" - the rules seem to be fitting with the lore of the units, which is great. The LRL also again get some fun, interesting abilities, and add a whole new dimension to our arsenal - speed. If you aren't super competitive, I think you'll have a lot of options to play. For competitive players, we'll have to see. They also did some unexpected things like adding more to the Tyrionic side of the lore and rules, which is awesome. 

For the rest - I agree, there might be some OP or bad stuff in there which will be changed eventually. 

I'm with many here - the only unit I'm a bit disappointed if the insights are true, are the Bladelords, because they'd have weird fluff (Sunmetal blades, but no Sunmetal, Vanari but can't cast), and aren't at all what I expected (glass cannon). They'd fit with their description though, and are also at least good. As bodyguards for your Scinari, they could easily be ok and fun too. 

All in all, really exciting for us! 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, chosen_of_khaine said:

Windmage
2x5 Windchargers
Spirit of the Wind

Stonemage
1x10 Stoneguard
Spirit of the Mountain

Lord Regent
2x10 Wardens
2x10 Sentinels

1990pts

So there's a Hurakan, Alarith, and Vanari "detachment", no named characters so all "your guys", lots of bodies, and seems really fun to play. Thinking Syar as a generic nation that benefits all groups.

Really hope the dual temple approach works, Its my favorite part of lumineth!

Any "future insights" on the battleline options? Are blademasters and windchargers under some subfaction/general?

2 minutes ago, Arzalyn said:

Really hope the dual temple approach works, Its my favorite part of lumineth!

Any "future insights" on the battleline options? Are blademasters and windchargers under some subfaction/general?

Apparently, we will be able to take 1 unit of Bladelords as battleline option for each *Scinari* in the army. While Helon unlocks Windchargers the same way Ymetrica unlocks Stoneguard. 

• Thanks 1

Yea I was at ground zero for the discord stuff and it was messy. Cant say I believe all of it, as I think there is some stuff we’re missing out on. My list is going to change though. Think I will replace Avalorn and the stone mage in my list with two ballista, a regent, and maybe a lore seeker points willing. This seems really too good to pass up, and I wanna see how everything plays together in one legion.

14 minutes ago, Acid_Nine said:

Yea I was at ground zero for the discord stuff and it was messy. Cant say I believe all of it, as I think there is some stuff we’re missing out on. My list is going to change though. Think I will replace Avalorn and the stone mage in my list with two ballista, a regent, and maybe a lore seeker points willing. This seems really too good to pass up, and I wanna see how everything plays together in one legion.

The generic Regent looks good then? That’s great news. Has there been any word on Command Abilities for any of these units?

3 minutes ago, Tiberius501 said:

The generic Regent looks good then? That’s great news. Has there been any word on Command Abilities for any of these units?

He may prove useful, and he would be better than the banner lord (sadly) in my opinion... plus, I think I will finally have a use for the sanctum spell with him!

here is the theory list I slapped together

List Name: Theorem list
Allegiance: Lumineth Realm Lords
- Mortal Realm: Hysh - Great Nation: Zaitrec
LEADERS

Regent- 150(?) -general, speed of hysh, protection of Hysh
Scinari Cathallar (140)
- Artefact: Silver Wand
- Lore of Hysh: Ethereal Blessing - Extra Spell: Protection of Hysh

scinari Callgrave- 100(?) -total eclipse,  lambient light
UNITS
20 x Vanari Auralan Wardens (240)- ethereal blessing

20 x Vanari Auralan Wardens (240) -protection of Hysh

20 x Vanari Auralan Sentinels (280) -speed of hysh

10 x Vanari Auralan Sentinels (140) -speed of hysh

5 x Vanari Dawnriders (130)- lambient light
5 x Vanari Dawnriders (130)- lambient light

Ballista-100(?) points

Ballista-100(?) points -or- Bladelords-120pts

BATTALIONS
Auralan Legion (120)
ENDLESS SPELLS / TERRAIN / COMMAND POINTS
Sanctum of Amyntok (30) Hyshian Twinstones (30)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, chosen_of_khaine said:

Windmage
2x5 Windchargers
Spirit of the Wind

Stonemage
1x10 Stoneguard
Spirit of the Mountain

Lord Regent
2x10 Wardens
2x10 Sentinels

1990pts

Ok!!  I so want to do this as well.  A slice of each temple so that maybe my opponent will be kept off balance?  And so I can play with all the toys!!  But them named characters.... I might need my LoE. And bladelords....

1 minute ago, Austin said:

We should find out tomorrow anyway with all the battletome YouTube reviews right? 

Yup, tomorrow we'll know for sure. For us though it's great, because our pre-orders are up before all those videos are on YouTube. I know we can look at the warscrolls but it's good to also get a bit of insight into the other rules before you buy the models.

5 hours ago, Ragest said:

Same profile but with 2 less rend and 2 less wounds

That sounds nasty.. With only 8 wounds the normal spirit sounds super squishy and only 1 rend his shooting get much worse...

I can't for the life of me understand why the normal spirit versions get so inferior to the named one..