Aos 2 - Lumineth Realm-Lords Discussion

HollowHills

2 hours ago, LordAlpharius said:

Well, we know that there are 9 Lumineth Great Nations for the 10 paradises (we also know that haixiah is pretty much uninhabited), and Xintil has settlements named in the Lumineth fashion (i.e. Tor X, Y, Z etc) according to the Ymetrica map, so Xintil should be one of the nations. Furthermore, the dawnrider steeds are native to Xintil so a cavalry focus would be thematic if GW wanted to  add Xintil as a new subfaction 

I thought Phil Kelly mentioned somewhere it's only 8 Lumineth nations, and Xentil is where the humans are. Does it say 9 in the BT? 

Wow, people are already hating and b*tching  about the new calvary.  "Lumineth are a joke" "these are not real elves"  "I can't wait till old world comes out so we can be done with this"      AoS bad... bla bla bla.  

Cry more!  there are tons of other games out here with generic elf factions.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It does say that the Lumineth founded 9 great nations in the 10 paradises, all save in Hiaxiah.   page 10

1 hour ago, LuminethMage said:

I thought Phil Kelly mentioned somewhere it's only 8 Lumineth nations, and Xentil is where the humans are. Does it say 9 in the BT? 

Edited by Athrawes
  • Thanks 1

On 1/16/2021 at 10:54 AM, Wyliekyote said:

If GW makes a crazy AoS’d up camel or alpaca or kangaroo I might change my mind. 
🐫 🦙 🦒 🦘🪄🦄

First!!!  @DantePQ  those are 🥳 freaking amazing omg. Nucking Futs!!!!  Some awesome kitbash/converts. 

And, not quote my self... but I called it. I was totally kidding.... but IF that leaked pic is true, a freaking kangaroo. Dang. “NAILED IT”. Lmao.   Now we wait to see how AoS’d up this LRL unit will be. 🧐

I just might have to get some just to paint it....hopefully it’ll be a good unit so I can play it too. ;) 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, xking said:

Wow, people are already hating and b*tching  about the new calvary.  "Lumineth are a joke" "these are not real elves"  "I can't wait till old world comes out so we can be done with this"      AoS bad... bla bla bla.  

It is honestly kinda sad how some people (mostly salty gorgnards) seem hellbent on bashing the LRL every chance they get.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, xking said:

Hey! For some positivity: I might come back into the LRL Fold with these Kangaroos! :D So looking forward to what they are called. Or if an all Cavalry Army is now possible with the Lumineth. Damn. I have never had this effect of a single model switching my Brain around. I am very tempted.

Let them complain and rant in their own bubble(s). Staying out of social Media (or deleting it) has worked wonders for me. 
Just to say this again: I am very glad to have found this Forum. 🤗

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Lucur said:

I'm curious what the related behemoth will be (if there is one). i'll not make calls based on potato cam pics of the back of a box. We'll see more come saturday, i guess. 

Should be the Wind Spirit with a face mask looking like the top of the helmet of the rider. 

I think the swirl they teased today is part of the model. Hopefully we’ll know on Saturday. 

8 hours ago, LordAlpharius said:

It is honestly kinda sad how some people (mostly salty gorgnards) seem hellbent on bashing the LRL every chance they get.

I think it's sadder how two sides are unable or unwilling to sit down and have a cultural exchange of ideas with each other, this drama has been dragging on since the first reveals.

9 hours ago, LordAlpharius said:

Yeah, the main differences between Xintil and the other nations is that it does not belong completely to the Teclisian nor the Tyrionic side, and that it has the biggest human population of all the paradises.

This makes me wish I could ally in some Lumineth with my Cities lists........

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, LuminethMage said:

Probably not many will hate on this

Depends on how many assembly pieces it needs. :)

Regent looks nice, interesting symbol on his shield. Can't wait to put the blade of leaping gold back into action. Hopefully there are two or more units still to be shown on Saturday.

Well that's quite the preview of the preview!!  How nice of GW to bust out the real photos.  Lmao at the Potato Camera!

And... They look really good.  IMHO.  And I'm digging the Lord Regent!

Just hoping that they are just slightly easier to build than the Dawnriders.  I'm not expecting them to be, but hoping they are.

Edited by Wyliekyote
  • Like 1

The Roos look much better in the official photos, and that new lord looks great! One thing I have found to be true with LRL so far is that I am far more impressed with the sculpts once I have them in hand as opposed to seeing them in photos, so I am keeping that in mind with these new releases

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Korwen said:

The Roos look much better in the official photos, and that new lord looks great! One thing I have found to be true with LRL so far is that I am far more impressed with the sculpts once I have them in hand as opposed to seeing them in photos, so I am keeping that in mind with these new releases

Truer words were never spoken. Once I had my first Lumineth models in hand they instantly became my favorite army, and I already have like 8 of them.