Aos 2 - Lumineth Realm-Lords Discussion

HollowHills

Just now, LordAlpharius said:

so we'll probably get the previously previewed rider (cavalry hero or heavy cavalry?), wind mage, wind temple battle kangaroo archers,  wind spirit, and perhaps blademasters and a loreseeker hero?

Christmas is now in february/march

57 minutes ago, LordAlpharius said:

Would be awesome if this made all cavalry unit or hybrid cavalry/flying unit  LRL armies viable and competetive. It would also be nice if GW realeased rules for a new great nation that focuses more on the wind temple and mobile units of the LRL (Xintil perhaps?).

They almost have to right? If they don't totally change the pattern of sub-factions for Lumineth (which I think hasn't been done so far for others). I'm not sure if Xintil is officially a Lumineth GN, but otherwise that's a great idea. I found it a bit hard to imagine that they'd introduce a Tyrionic nation this way, and that would get around that issue. 

Well, we know that there are 9 Lumineth Great Nations for the 10 paradises (we also know that haixiah is pretty much uninhabited), and Xintil has settlements named in the Lumineth fashion (i.e. Tor X, Y, Z etc) according to the Ymetrica map, so Xintil should be one of the nations. Furthermore, the dawnrider steeds are native to Xintil so a cavalry focus would be thematic if GW wanted to  add Xintil as a new subfaction 

Edited by LordAlpharius
additional information
  • Like 1

I am not sure about the unit, we need the speed for sure, (it looks fast anyway). I am curious as to whether they will be a casting unit or like mountain guys and just have a really solid warscroll, perhaps move and shoot out of combat. 

Kind of visualising a host of them just fading away as charged and then forming up and shooting, like trying to pin down the wind. Also can imagine them actually doing very little damage just a unit to put pressure on objectives early etc