Aos 2 - Lumineth Realm-Lords Discussion

HollowHills

Test model for my paint scheme done. Trying to get all 2k points done in the next 2 weeks before visiting my home town where my friends who play are so wish me luck ๐Ÿ˜…. Loving playing lumineth on TTS.ย 

So far I have

Teclis

20 sentinels

40 wardens

Light of Ethereon

Calathar

Comes out to 1940 points. Hope I can get it all done in time. How it's everyone else's hobby progress going? ๐Ÿ™‚

20200920_065813.jpg

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

Did some game, the archers are bordeline broken

40 arrow reroll and buffed killed katakros turn 1, never felt so good before in aos

ย 

Put wardens/alarith to hold your objective while they make rain death to your enemys

ย 

Only downside to this is is that it only makes stronger the already Shooting meta and its pretty unfun to play

4 hours ago, Yondaime said:

Did some game, the archers are bordeline broken

40 arrow reroll and buffed killed katakros turn 1, never felt so good before in aos

ย 

Put wardens/alarith to hold your objective while they make rain death to your enemys

ย 

Only downside to this is is that it only makes stronger the already Shooting meta and its pretty unfun to play

They can seen really strong. The flip side is they die in droves. On average an OBR catapult will kill about 10. I went up against KO and lost all my archers in the first turn. Very much glass cannons, put out the hurt but their 5+ does no favors in your opponent focuses them.ย 

ย I would add that their damage is very dependable on the power of hysh spell. They go from a 7,13 damage against a 4+ unit to a 4,74 without the power of hysh which is really sub par. Ans as for Lambent Light unless you have spellportal to cast it far and in safety chances are you may have to deal with a ubind attempt from the opponent..

2 hours ago, Acid_Nine said:

@ThalmorRepresentative

ย 

awesome battle report, and sorry about the bad luck! I know how that can be, but overall thanks for the info! Can we have a before and after list?

ย 

the only thing that makes me sad is hearing how the wardens got stomped. I never like hearing that!

Here are the two lists. The one with the endless spells is the one I'm trying next.

image.png

yo1.PNG

• Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Czarnyjas said:

Hello guys,ย 

I have question can i use spell solar flare on my dawnriders different units several Times?ย 

Short answer: no

You can give the same spell to different units to have redundancy in case some die for example, but you can only attempt to cast the sameย spell once per your hero phase. Even if it doesnโ€™t go off or getโ€™s unbound you canโ€™t attempt to cast it a second time. The only exception in the Lumineth spell listย is Power of Hysh. All your Vanari Wizards can attempt to cast this spell in the same hero phase. There are a few other spells like that in other armies, but these are very rare.

ย 

9 hours ago, Chumphammer said:

EjDJoHIU0AAcjGp?format=jpg&name=medium

WiP on my Lion King....Moofasa! lol

Still got his feet to do. Head looks big due to mane but hopefully paint will fix that

Hate to say it, because that's a really nice job you did with the green stuff, but the head itself is too big, I'm worried he's going to look like a bobble-head. :Sย 

• Like 5

I played little tournament with my list:

Ilithia, Teclis, Cathallar, 2x10 Wardens, 1x10 Sentinels, 1x20 Sentinels, 1x10 Dawnriders, Auralan Legion, Spellportal, Geminids, Twinstone.

ย 

First game against Mawcrusha and lot of orks, I was able to go first and kill mawcrusha and deal serious amount of mortal wounds. After that he say "I won"

ย 

ย Second game against Osiarchs, that "fast moving list" I was able to go first, kill harvester and after that it was pretty easy to kill him. Dawnriders were amazing against skeletons.

ย 

Third game against Karadrons, he goest first (we had three drop lists and he win rolloff). He killed Teclis in first shooting phase and I decided that I dont wanna play more ....ย 

26 minutes ago, Vilge said:

I played little tournament with my list:

Ilithia, Teclis, Cathallar, 2x10 Wardens, 1x10 Sentinels, 1x20 Sentinels, 1x10 Dawnriders, Auralan Legion, Spellportal, Geminids, Twinstone.

ย 

First game against Mawcrusha and lot of orks, I was able to go first and kill mawcrusha and deal serious amount of mortal wounds. After that he say "I won"

ย 

ย Second game against Osiarchs, that "fast moving list" I was able to go first, kill harvester and after that it was pretty easy to kill him. Dawnriders were amazing against skeletons.

ย 

Third game against Karadrons, he goest first (we had three drop lists and he win rolloff). He killed Teclis in first shooting phase and I decided that I dont wanna play more ....ย 

That's a bit poor innit? You just spent two games doing it to other people...

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, whispersofblood said:

That's a bit poor innit? You just spent two games doing it to other people...

But orc player has a lot of options to do, ha can use his cavalery and orcs to take points or charge and so on. With osiarch i played for three rounds of combat and the game was fun.ย 

Bad thing about Kharadron game was that it was just about one roll of dice nothing more...

ย 

Edited by Vilge

1 hour ago, Vilge said:

But orc player has a lot of options to do, ha can use his cavalery and orcs to take points or charge and so on. With osiarch i played for three rounds of combat and the game was fun.ย 

Bad thing about Kharadron game was that it was just about one roll of dice nothing more...

ย 

Just out of curiosity, what was the Kharadron list?

3 hours ago, overtninja said:

Hate to say it, because that's a really nice job you did with the green stuff, but the head itself is too big, I'm worried he's going to look like a bobble-head. :Sย 

I mean its gonna be big. have you ever seen a Lion? the head looks huge due to the Mane (especially when its got its mouth open)

With paint it should bring it back into prospective as right now its just a big blob of greenย 

If it doent, its just greenstuff so can pull it off and do something elseย 

Edited by Chumphammer
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Chumphammer said:

I mean its gonna be big. have you ever seen a Lion? the head looks huge due to the Mane (especially when its got its mouth open)

With paint it should bring it back into prospective as right now its just a big blob of greenย 

If it doent, its just greenstuff so can pull it off and do something elseย 

Lions also have pretty large paws, so perhaps once you,ve done them that will help to balance it out.ย  It's hard to see the final effect until it's painted, so I look forward to seeing the painted version.ย  If you decide you don't like it and re-do it, that's what the hobby's all about.ย  It fits with your theme really well.ย ย 

18 hours ago, Chumphammer said:

Head looks big due to mane but hopefully paint will fix that

This is so cool!! ย I really am enjoying your Lion theme. Iย do agree that the head leans towards the larger size but canโ€™t wait to see the progress and paint! ย 

4 hours ago, Gecktron said:

my Ymetrica Mountain Spirit

Dude that looks great. I really loveย the armor. โ€œSimpleโ€ ย and lets the blue colors pop out.ย What paints did you use on the armor?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Wyliekyote said:

Dude that looks great. I really loveย the armor. โ€œSimpleโ€ ย and lets the blue colors pop out.ย What paints did you use on the armor?

Thank you! The color scheme is pretty simple. The grey is just Mechanicus Standard Grey + Nuln oil. The gold is Retributor Gold + Agrax Earthshade and then again some gold drybrush. The sapphire is leadbelcher + Contrast Talassar Blue.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Vilge said:

Thanks.ย  That's probably going to take Teclis off every time.ย  If you're facing that regularly, it may be better to replace Teclis with other units,ย  If he's in the list, he basically is the list.ย  It may even be worth allyingย in some defensive Eels, perhaps.ย  The other option is to ditch the Dawnriders and add more Sentinels and Wardens to your battalion making your list a two-drop, which would give you first turn and more chance forTeclis to survive the onslaught.ย  Anyway let us know how you get on next time.

1 hour ago, LuminethMage said:

Also finally finished my 5 Dawnriders. Teclis be praised. The other 10 I have will have to wait for a while.ย 

2522DE36-E2A2-44B7-8FC2-531272F3DC18.jpeg

Looking nice!ย  I don't blame you on the wait - it seems to be a recurring theme.ย  I haven't finished my first ten Sentinels yet, but already it's clear they are easier to paint than either the Dawnriders or Wardens so getting 40 done is not looking so mountainous a task, if you pardon the expression.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Aelfric said:

Looking nice!ย  I don't blame you on the wait - it seems to be a recurring theme.ย  I haven't finished my first ten Sentinels yet, but already it's clear they are easier to paint than either the Dawnriders or Wardens so getting 40 done is not looking so mountainous a task, if you pardon the expression.

Thank you, and yes, the Sentinels are relatively easy, and thereโ€™s not a big difference to the Warden. Just personally, the Dawnrider have been really a different beast. But then, I hadnโ€™t painted miniature for a long time, so theyย might be not that hard in the end. : )ย 

• Like 1