Aos 2 - Lumineth Realm-Lords Discussion

HollowHills

Also interesting insight! Do you think the -1 to hit aura is better than the -1 to hit targeting debuff? And do you have any experiences with the majority sentinel / warden list? Cause that’s the one I reallywanna try too. I really need to learn how to use TTS...

@Acid_Nine

The Aura is better overall, means it could affect more than 1 enemy unit. Not forgetting that if StoneMage within 12" of Giant Moo-cow, -1 hit aura range is still at Top bracket, 12" when it's damaged and by right "bracketed". Plus it's 20 more points for 2 more wounds, etc. But given the number of Deathstar Units flying around, I may test soon Alarith Spirit of Mountain instead for 3" range and -2 rend.

This one of my Non-Teclis Sentinels/Wardens list that I tested before on TTS. Only lost to a OBR list due to error in charging Dawnriders in turn 1 🤭 Barely lost on points but if they were around with Speed Hysh x 2 threat at flanks, game would have been slight Obj points win.

Allegiance: Lumineth Realm Lords
- Great Nation: Iliatha

Leaders
Alarith Stonemage (130)
- Artefact: Simulacra Amulet  
- Lore of the High Peaks: Voice of the Mountain
Avalenor, the Stoneheart King (360)
Scinari Cathallar (140)
- General
- Command Trait: Loremaster - Total Eclipse  
- Artefact: Silver Wand  
- Lore of Hysh: Ethereal Blessing

Battleline
20 x Vanari Auralan Wardens (240)
- Lore of Hysh: Protection of Hysh
10 x Vanari Auralan Wardens (120)
- Lore of Hysh: Speed of Hysh
10 x Vanari Auralan Wardens (120)
- Lore of Hysh: Lambent Light
20 x Vanari Auralan Sentinels (280)
10 x Vanari Auralan Sentinels (140)
- Lore of Hysh: Total Eclipse
10 x Vanari Auralan Sentinels (140)
- Lore of Hysh: Ethereal Blessing

Units
5 x Vanari Dawnriders (130)

Battalions
Auralan Legion (120)

Endless Spells / Terrain / CPs
Emerald Lifeswarm (50)
Hyshian Twinstones (30)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 114

Edited by jartem
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Dreadmund said:

Ah I neglected to put it in my post but my list did have the Alarith Temple battalion. It definitely helped me to hold on a little longer. You're right the second game was way more fun. I think my key mistake was positioning my cathaller in the setup phase, if I had been more familiar with Kroak I would have put her out of range and the utility of her kit could have made a big difference. I think dawnriders would have made a big difference too - even if their damage would have been terrible against his list (no extra attacks on any of his units) their mobility and ability to threaten objectives would have made him play a bit more conservatively I think, instead of marching his whole army across the board in one big line. I think something can be said for them as highly mobile casters of Protection of Hysh too.

I think some people read my post as whining about the army. It's definitely not. Out the the three armies I play (nurgle, tzeentch, LRL) I think this is my favourite. I love the book and the interactions between kits. All the models are brilliant (if you ignore the stoneguard's preposterously top heavy cow-pope hats). But it's an army where you make a lot of decisions and it rewards tactical gameplay over smashing and bashing. I think it's important not to get discouraged by a few losses and with a few more games of practice I'm positive I'll start seeing better results.

Next list I think I'll try will be Iliatha with Dawnriders and wardens. Maybe even Eltharion. It's still early days for me, throwing things at the wall and seeing what sticks.

I think your post didn't come over as whining. It's great to hear all kind of actual experiences and insights into difficult match-ups. Like I mentioned, I'm actually happy it's an army you can't just pick-up and win against pretty strong builds (like Idoneth Eels with a guy who knows how to play them). Looking forward to hear more 🤙 . 

So while waiting for the main release to drop in September I've been working on some 3D printed terrain. Here are two elven statues I've printed and painted. 

kVgdtGRl.jpg

YjWmjKal.jpg?1

Hopefully I'll be working on some actual Lumineth models in a few weeks...

If you like the scenery you can get some yourself in my Etsy shop

• Like 6
  • LOVE IT! 5

30 minutes ago, Tiberius501 said:

So what are the guesses of when in September Lumineth will be dropping? I’d love for it to start early but I have a feeling it’ll be at the end. 

if the release of other new armies is anything to go by I suspect we will get a staggered release over two weeks, week 1 being teclis, eltharion, wardens, sentinels and dawnriders, week 2 being cathallar, stonemage, stoneguard and mountain spirits.

As for dates I would think it would be around 5th-12th or 12th-19th.

• Like 1

On 8/14/2020 at 11:05 AM, elfhead said:

So while waiting for the main release to drop in September I've been working on some 3D printed terrain. Here are two elven statues I've printed and painted. 

kVgdtGRl.jpg

YjWmjKal.jpg?1

these are amazing, and I will probably be picking a few up for my display board!

do you think you can do a stylized mountain spirit statue? or a celenar one?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Tiberius501 said:

5th-12th pleezz :3

5th is the date of for pre-order of the Lumineth Black Library book, so very likely it’s also the one for the model range. It’s such a small range I hope they don’t keep us waiting another week.

And if they really put the Cathallar into the second week of the split I’d be pissed. That next to the archers is probably the model everyone who bought the box is waiting for the most.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, LuminethMage said:

5th is the date of for pre-order of the Lumineth Black Library book, so very likely it’s also the one for the model range. It’s such a small range I hope they don’t keep us waiting another week.

And if they really put the Cathallar into the second week of the split I’d be pissed. That next to the archers is probably the model everyone who bought the box is waiting for the most.

It why I arranged it as I did, knowing GW they would split essential components so that way people will buy things both weeks and thus in their mind make more money.

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Acid_Nine said:

these are amazing, and I will probably be picking a few up for my display board!

do you think you can do a stylized mountain spirit statue? or a celenar one?

I'm always sketching things to expand my range, so something representing the spirits of Hysh sounds like a good idea.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 8/14/2020 at 9:05 AM, elfhead said:

kVgdtGRl.jpg

YjWmjKal.jpg?1

dude! these are great! 

Will be buying these stls too

please make more!

Finally finished one squad of Vanari Wardens.  Whew!!  Still experimenting with taking photos, but these turned out pretty good.  Now to take a break from them and work on my Light o' E, with some LED mods.  If anyone is interested, I'll post/share my very newly total experiment process for that. :D

Vanari Wardens Trio 2.JPG

Vanari Wardens Trio 1.JPG

Vanari Wardens Trio 4.JPG

Vanari Wardens Trio 3.JPG

• Like 6

Who-hoo more posts!!  And more photos...  Previous posts have mentioned some sort of Kitbash for the Scinari Cathallar.  The model is interesting, but doesn't call out to me.   Which is why I've jumped head first into kit bashing (with no life jacket apparently).  I wish I could find the photos of the inspiration, but it's  based with the Tidecaster model, then eventually I'll add the head of the Sorceress ( I really like the moment/action of her hair and face), and finally the staff of Nomad Prince.  FYI, I've used GSW color shift colors Darth Blue for the inside, and Celestial Azure for the outside.  They are AWESOME!  I'll bother yall more with photos once the other models come in.... :P 

Scinari Cathallar Kitbash Right.JPG

Scinari Cathallar Kitbash Front.JPG

Scinari Cathallar Kitbash Left.JPG

Scinari Cathallar Kitbash Back.JPG

• Like 3

The Celestial Azure does really look great.

I'm planing to use it for the weapons, but it's still on the way ... . For me it was between the Tidecaster and the Mistweaver as the basis to kitbash a Cathallar. Although I really like the Cathaller model and will buy that too once it's out. I just thought it would take too long ... but didn't take the delivery times right now into consideration. I've been waiting for almost a month now 😅

I opted for the Mistweaver in the end, but really looking forward how your's will look like once finished. Will be also my first attempt to kit bash something. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, LuminethMage said:

The Celestial Azure does really look great.

I'm planing to use it for the weapons, but it's still on the way ... . For me it was between the Tidecaster and the Mistweaver as the basis to kitbash a Cathallar. Although I really like the Cathaller model and will buy that too once it's out. I just thought it would take too long ... but didn't take the delivery times right now into consideration. I've been waiting for almost a month now 😅

I opted for the Mistweaver in the end, but really looking forward how your's will look like once finished. Will be also my first attempt to kit bash something. 

On the Wardens spears, I've tried some Celestial, TurboDork Blue Steel and Scale75 Cobalt Alchemy, along with the usual metallics.  They both added a really nice but very subtle sheen.  So be aware of two things: these paints really like a black (glossy) undercoat, and a bigger area ,to really shine.  But I'd love to see what they look like when you're done!  

And the Mistweaver!!  Man, that was the other model I was looking at.  Lol...  So, I should have just gone that direction, since after working on the Tidecaster, I've ordered some scenic elements to give her that "levitation/flying" feel.....  and here they are.  (Do I share to much?!?!  sorry... ). They are all from Reaper Mini's, and are plastic, so hopefully easy to mod, paint, glue. These are all rough ideas on placements.   Four "options". A) small swirl of wind/fire.  B) Medium swirling spell.  C) Tall swirling wind/fire.  D) Epic swirling.   Give me your vote/thoughts/ideas!!  I'm hoping to add in things to the maelstrom:  bodies, heads, crystals.... or any suggestions?!  ;)

My end goal is to use this model for my interpretation of a Zenith Mage (that I fudged together using the Anvil, kinda.   Hopefully something will come out as we explore more of the Tyrion side of the LRL's!). But for now, to use it as a Cathaller stand in.  I would love to get close to the epic feel of the Stonemage...

Thoughts, comments, ideas welcome!!

Small spell effect A.JPG

Small Spell effect B.JPG

Meduim Spell Effect B.JPG

Medium Spell effect A.JPG

Tall Spell Effect B.JPG

Tall Spell Effect a.JPG

Epic Spell effect B.JPG

Epic Spell Effect A.JPG

Edited by Wyliekyote

2 hours ago, Acid_Nine said:

@Wyliekyote

interesting choice for celestial azure on the robes. I am afraid to do metal on non metal, but that looks very good! And it is inspiring me to find time to paint as soon as my current exams are over.

Kick ass on those exams!  

After looking at the Alt paint scheme for Ymetrica, I really liked it, but wanted to experiment with making these Realm Lords more... I dunno.. Magical, realmy, you know, Illuminated Lumineth Lords.

The color shift paints recommend using a black undercoat (which I did with the Cathallar Kitbash posted above), but for the Wardens, I actually used a med dark blue for the undercoat (AP Deep Blue) to keep it more blue, and just make their robes shimmer.

1 hour ago, Wyliekyote said:

Kick ass on those exams!  

After looking at the Alt paint scheme for Ymetrica, I really liked it, but wanted to experiment with making these Realm Lords more... I dunno.. Magical, realmy, you know, Illuminated Lumineth Lords.

The color shift paints recommend using a black undercoat (which I did with the Cathallar Kitbash posted above), but for the Wardens, I actually used a med dark blue for the undercoat (AP Deep Blue) to keep it more blue, and just make their robes shimmer.

I have actually been experimenting with it over same color metallics too, like Burning gold from Greenstuff world over retributor gold for the special armor, which actually turns out quite well I think. I am doing Celestine azure over leadbelcher, but I am not completely sure that it looks as good for a magical weapon sort of deal.

37 minutes ago, Acid_Nine said:

I have actually been experimenting with it over same color metallics too, like Burning gold from Greenstuff world over retributor gold for the special armor, which actually turns out quite well I think. I am doing Celestine azure over leadbelcher, but I am not completely sure that it looks as good for a magical weapon sort of deal.

:o Mind blown....  Burning gold over Retributor?!  That sounds delicious...  Might have to do a test with that combo.  While I'm working on the kitbash, I'm fiddling around with LoE and using LED's on him, as well as trying to think of a good color scheme for my other squad of Wardens.  I want do the Illiatha/Clones, but now I'm tempted by that idea.  lol.  And Cel Azure over Leadbelcher could be really cool.  I'm super curious so share a pic when you get a chance!

• Like 1

First Lumineth unit done.  Took me a while to decide on colour scheme, but I'm happy with my choice.  Next stop Dawnriders.  Thought I'd share a few photos of progress so far.  Hope you like them.

IMG_20200817_210126.jpg.2e7b1a528cb177ad50724617350309f2.jpg

IMG_20200817_205943.jpg.2a16fa61d4b446c4060a87ed92e166ac.jpg

IMG_20200817_210654.jpg.e89443092ae24343fc01c99f731c5577.jpg

IMG_20200817_210815.jpg.66ed0db18d5d71635de56a1b8b676bf7.jpg

IMG_20200817_210953.jpg.88764580009b2934dbdbd27824209887.jpg

IMG_20200817_211023.jpg.6b1d75574be9292bc1d16f1cb100acd4.jpg

IMG_20200817_211208.jpg.832e95bbed6918cd3d0983adc4b22281.jpg

IMG_20200817_210126.jpg

IMG_20200817_210126.jpg

Apologies for the duplications - I'm a luddite with technology! :) 

Edited by Aelfric
  • Like 6

@Wyliekyote Thanks for the advice. ; ) I saw that they need a glossy, black undercoat. I've prepared one model so far, and will see how it'll look. It doesn't have to be too extraordinary of an effect. If it's a bit blueish and looks different to just normal metal it's fine for my purposes. I'll try a few different undercoats and see what fits best. For your Tidecaster - personally, I like option one and two. Two and three would also work great as a Wind Temple Mage. And Acid has shown some pictures of his model a few pages back, the gold looks great : ) . Yesterday my Mistweaver finally arrived, and I've done part of my kit-bashing. I think it's semi-successful. Some parts look as I hoped they would, other's are ok-ish, and a few - I'm praying to Teclis right now that they don't fall off, lol. 

@Acid_Nine Good luck with your exams! 

@Aelfric Very nice personal colour scheme! Really fitting for elves from the Realm of Light. You have a background story for them too? 

And not that people think I don't do anything here. I've 20 Wardens painted in various stages. Pretty unimaginative compared to you all - I went with the official Zaitec scheme. I'm sadly still missing some stuff (the colourshift paint and basing parts) to finish a test model. I'll show the test model properly once it's finished. 

IMG_7798.jpg

• Like 6

1 hour ago, LuminethMage said:

Very nice personal colour scheme! Really fitting for elves from the Realm of Light. You have a background story for them too? 

Thanks! I prefer finding my own scheme - I don't want to get tied down to one sub-faction.  I do have my own lore.  It is becoming more elaborate as time passes, but I'll try to give a short synopsis.

There were some devoured by Slaanesh who, through that experience, endured those torments and in their suffering came to know themselves, their faults and weaknesses.  When reborn by Teclis, they turned away from the old ways, seeking instead a life of moderation and harmony with the Realm.  At first pitied by others of their race, then, as generations passed, scorned and often persecuted.  Still they refused what society offered and sought out the wild places for solitude.  With each passing year, some few others with disquiet in their hearts sought to join them.  

One such group dwelt deep in the bowels of a great mountain, living quiet simple lives, and as their numbers grew, they delved ever deeper.  Phylosophical thinking and meditation were key cornerstones to their way of life and there was one who came to believe that as symmetry was a key component of Hysh, it stood to reason that true symmetry should mean that there would be another land on the counter side of the Realm and a gateway may reside in the very depths of the mountain.  If so, they would be finally free from the hostility of their own kind.  Many years and decades, they sought but eventually, at the height of the Age of Myth when their race were becoming ever more arrogant, the way through was revealed to them.

They found a land unsullied by Aelves, or indeed any of the intelligent races.  They named it Elysia and themselves Elysians.  Vowing to keep it undisturbed they make no structures or alterations, and take only of what it gives.  They also take great care to ensure that others not like them cannot find the way.

Edited by Aelfric
  • Like 2

@Aelfric Really good looking color scheme there - I love the parted design on the shields with inverted colors. When I paint my next unit of Wardens I may yoink that idea from you to help tell them apart!

@LuminethMage Sometimes the designers/studio painters go with a color scheme for a reason, and I think your picture is a good example of that - they look really bright and clean, and you executed everything really well. Awesome work!

Since everyone else is sharing what they've done so far, I thought I'd throw in my own contribution as well. They're not quite Syar, but the scheme was definitely based on them. Took a couple of weeks to work through all 10 of them because I'm trying some new stuff, particularly some basic wet blending on the robes... so yeah, not looking forward to doing another 20-30 of them, but really happy with the results, and I felt like the models deserved the extra effort. Next up are the Dawnriders!

k1KjNB9.jpg

N8PRXPp.jpg

Edited by l1censetochill
  • Like 5
  • LOVE IT! 4

@Aelfric Nice background. I do the same, start small, and add to it over time. I usually go for one of the "official" schemes. But as my tastes are pretty simple and constant (elves & magic) I'm usually not in risk to have to change it, lol. My previous army has been Saphery themed, and now it's Zaitrec. I also really liked the scheme. 

@l1censetochill Awesome stuff 👏, especially the robes and gems! And your way to paint the helm crests - SMART! Agreed, I like that scheme, and as mentioned above it's something different, before almost all I ever used to paint with was white, blue and silver 😅. If I'd try to pull off what you have done there, they'd never get finished. I need like what seems to be two hours for those borders on the robes alone. Mine don't look as clear when you see them up closer. Still, I'm happy with the result, especially after taking a long hiatus in the hobby, it they look good enough. Really looking forward to complete armies of Lumineth. Such great models and interesting colour schemes.