Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
HollowHills

Aos 2 - Lumineth Realm-Lords Discussion

in the lightning reactions allegiance ability it says nothing about keywords, does that mean this applies also to allies? or is there some general rule that would prevent that?

edit: nvm realized it's in the core rules

thx

Edited by woolf

On 8/9/2020 at 8:06 AM, Enoby said:

Maybe I'm just being dumb, but I wanted to check how the Iliatha abilities worked. Unity of purpose says "after a friendly Iliatha Vanari unit uses a command ability...", and I just wanted to check what Iliatha Vanari units could use command abilities? As far as I know, we don't have Vanari heroes. What am I missing? Can all of the vanari units use command abilities?

I believe ANY Iliatha Vanari unit can use the Iliatha Command Ability (Even not needing a Hero within 12/18") to activate the Re-roll ones to hit. My take is the way the rule was written points to this.

*Strike in Unison*
"You can use this command ability in your shooting phase or in the combat phase. If you do so, pick 1 friendly Iliatha Vanari unit with 2 or more models. You can re-roll hit rolls of 1 for that unit until the end of that phase."

Notice: No range requirement for the affected unit either (wholly within 12/18") 

Also if it were the old application of "Volley Fire", you wouldn't need to re-word it as a new Command Ability. Plus don't forget, some Command Abilities are not always used from a Hero, some warscrolls or abilities allow non-hero units to use them.

Do correct me if I am wrong Guys.

Iliatha is underrated early by LRL generals in favour of Syar. But a lot forget that with only one Cathallar (Non-named hero) builds, it's the only way to make Cathallar a Know-2spell, Cast-2spell wizard. (Iliatha has no "Forced" Command Trait to give General)

• Like 2

You are right, there is no specific range limit for the command abilities. You just need a hero on the battle field (condition to use any command abilities at all in the Core Rules). 

19 minutes ago, LuminethMage said:

You are right, there is no specific range limit for the command abilities. You just need a hero on the battle field (condition to use any command abilities at all in the Core Rules). 

Hey thanks for clarifying.

i been using this CA for 2 blocks Sentinels in Iliatha setup. (1CP use)

Love Iliatha and the lore. The idea of the once-greatness of Clones really called out to me. Which is why my whole army is painted Iliatha colours as per Battletome.

EDE26660-ECFB-474E-858A-82E607C85FCD.jpeg

CB953555-2D1F-489F-9CE7-C9C87F12859D.jpeg

• Like 3

Iliatha has a a pretty unique background story. Nice colorful scheme, also with the endless spell in the same way! I really like the art picture of the Iliatha warrior in the book.  Looks like more people are going to play Syar and Zaitrec (my favorite), so facing Iliatha might surprise some people, which is always nice.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, LuminethMage said:

Iliatha has a a pretty unique background story. Nice colorful scheme, also with the endless spell in the same way! I really like the art picture of the Iliatha warrior in the book.  Looks like more people are going to play Syar and Zaitrec (my favorite), so facing Iliatha might surprise some people, which is always nice.

Thanks! Wanted the dichotomy of White/Black also in my units, represent the Light/Dark of the idea of balance, Clones etc, a remembrance to the "Dark Days" and  glorious past of Iliatha.

not sure if ya noticed I changed Eltharion's Celennari blade too 😆

• Like 1

On 8/7/2020 at 11:18 PM, Wyliekyote said:

Hey all!  Looking into different storage/transport solutions. Can anyone give me the dimensions, esp height, of the Light of E and the Steed Master/Steed Bennerman? Thx!

Repost/Bump....

Anyone with a built LoE out there measure his height?  And the Dawnrider with Banner and/or Steedmaster?

PS: any idea how big the Mountain Spirits or Teclis will be?

14 hours ago, Wyliekyote said:

Repost/Bump....

Anyone with a built LoE out there measure his height?  And the Dawnrider with Banner and/or Steedmaster?

PS: any idea how big the Mountain Spirits or Teclis will be?

LoE is just under 8cm with base, and the banner Dawnrider is under 12cm.

I suspect Teclis will end up around 26-28cm or so, but that is just estimating based on the photo in the battletome with the Bloodthirsters (pages 42-43), which are 24cm tall according to google.

So anyone have any experience trying to get models into base to base with the wardens? Cause the spears are nice but I dunno how fun they are to play with in a game!

Also, one of the things I want to know is how much brain drain happens to the lumineth when they are outside of hush. I know them spending long periods outside of the realm makes their thoughts a little sluggish, but I would like to hear information on lumineth colonies / bases being set up outside the realm of hysh.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Acid_Nine said:

So anyone have any experience trying to get models into base to base with the wardens? Cause the spears are nice but I dunno how fun they are to play with in a game!

Also, one of the things I want to know is how much brain drain happens to the lumineth when they are outside of hush. I know them spending long periods outside of the realm makes their thoughts a little sluggish, but I would like to hear information on lumineth colonies / bases being set up outside the realm of hysh.

Yeah me too. Mine will be crusading through the realm of life to join them into my group’s setting, so would be interesting to know how they work outside of Hysh.

8 hours ago, Acid_Nine said:

Beauty is pain? : )

About the brain drain - these effects of the realms on people is really interesting in AoS, but I don't think there is a real structure to it. It's more how much a narrator needs to make their story interesting. As long as not some Black Library author picks up on that, or it coming up in the Soulbound RPG I don't think we'll hear much about it. 

Things we could imagine is that they might rely even more on Aetherquartz outside of Hysh, which could cause all kind of problems and interesting storylines (from the logistics, to not getting too addicted etc.).

If it's a colony or more permanent base, what I could see is that Teclis or some mage/artisan comes up with smaller versions of the Enlightenment Engines, which Teclis made to recreate Hyshian effects in other Realms. So that at least permanent population centers are not suffering from Hyshian withdrawal effects as long as they stay inside of its range.