Aos 2 - Lumineth Realm-Lords Discussion

HollowHills

5 hours ago, texhnology said:

Anyone know the base size for the cathallar scinari mage?

I’m going to rebase/base my old metal everqueen and use her as one, but obviously the square base has to go ^^

It’s likely 32 mm, but they haven’t announced it as far as I know.

@Rock Lobster that’s a really nice colour scheme and great painting job.

@Acid_Nine The azure makes it look like a magical sword, but I can also see why you might not like it. You could also use it for the rune on his shield, that’s how it looks a bit in the Zaitrec picture. But also not sure about that, hahaha : )

4 hours ago, LuminethMage said:

@Rock Lobster that’s a really nice colour scheme and great painting job.

@Acid_Nine The azure makes it look like a magical sword, but I can also see why you might not like it. You could also use it for the rune on his shield, that’s how it looks a bit in the Zaitrec picture. But also not sure about that, hahaha : )

would you believe I forgot to look at that reference? It is a bit too late with how many paint layers I put onto it, soI may keep it... but I may experiment more. And yea, I like the Azure, but worried it's a bit too magical. I dunno, may try a test of it over steel, but so far I a do love it. I always imagined sunmetal to retain a bluish tinge like the sky, or maybe a white hot style of metal.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, texhnology said:

Anyone know the base size for the cathallar scinari mage?

I’m going to rebase/base my old metal everqueen and use her as one, but obviously the square base has to go ^^

Looks like a 32mm from all the photos. I have an old Wood elf mage who I put on a 32mm to use as a Cathallar as well. :)

12 hours ago, LuminethMage said:

18 minutes ago, Falkman said:

Looks like a 32mm from all the photos. I have an old Wood elf mage who I put on a 32mm to use as a Cathallar as well. :)

Awesome guys, thanks!

1 hour ago, Acid_Nine said:

on that same topic, does anyone think people will object to using a mistweaver as the Cathallar? I don't know what I'm going to do for modifications, but I always loved that model and I finally got my hands on it.

Nah, as long as you tell them what the model represents I don’t think anyone would care. Maybe a few people with a stick up the butt. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Anyone foreseeing any issues with Shining Company and the use of movement trays?

There can be a few mm between bases with a lot of mdf style trays.

Mini mag trays are probably the best option for actual base to base contact.

Anyone think this will be a problem?

3 hours ago, GrimDork said:

Anyone foreseeing any issues with Shining Company and the use of movement trays?

Depends on your opponent and how nitpicky they are but for this reason I've been thinking of cutting my own movement trays out of rubber steel to ensure tightest possible formations.

well, at least it's now official that the rest of the lumineth are out in september.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/07/27/the-aelven-pantheon/

the small references to maleraion and mortathi indicate those two are up to something big and I suspect it will cause havoc for everyone, likley straining diplomcy even further between the lumineth and malerions shadow-kin, especialy after their little stunt with the zenith mage revealed in the battletome.

Edited by Yuviel Lightbringer
spelling

lol maybe the reason we didnt get Tyrion is he is going to be a separate faction and be evil lol

"Tyrion, like Teclis, was instrumental in the rise of the Lumineth Realm-lords. We’re yet to see this masterful warrior – we assume he’s crusading somewhere else. Let’s hope he doesn’t run into any ancient, evil swords…*"

1 minute ago, Chumphammer said:

lol maybe the reason we didnt get Tyrion is he is going to be a separate faction and be evil lol

"Tyrion, like Teclis, was instrumental in the rise of the Lumineth Realm-lords. We’re yet to see this masterful warrior – we assume he’s crusading somewhere else. Let’s hope he doesn’t run into any ancient, evil swords…*"

now that would be a twist, I always thought that malerion's forces would be destruction instead of order but if Tyrion did still hold the sword of khaine it would be a good plot hook for future conflict.

44 minutes ago, Chumphammer said:

I think that’s just a joke to his sword of Khain obsession that played a huge roll in the end times. Or he could have a huge heel turn, which I really hope doesn’t happen considering how he is a god in his own right, and the curse of anaerion died with the old world.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Acid_Nine said:

I think that’s just a joke to his sword of Khain obsession that played a huge roll in the end times. Or he could have a huge heel turn, which I really hope doesn’t happen considering how he is a god in his own right, and the curse of anaerion died with the old world.

Thinking about it more, I think it could happen.

Atm the only Aelves are Order. In WFB, Darkelves were Evil and Wood Elves were kinda Neutral. 

Malerion is most likely going to be order, as stuff thats is in his background points that way, but I would love Tyrion to go evil and be Destruction with Dragons 

11 minutes ago, Chumphammer said:

Thinking about it more, I think it could happen.

Atm the only Aelves are Order. In WFB, Darkelves were Evil and Wood Elves were kinda Neutral. 

Malerion is most likely going to be order, as stuff thats is in his background points that way, but I would love Tyrion to go evil and be Destruction with Dragons 

the big issue there is it's too out oc character with how he is described in the lumineth book, especialy the way his journey at the start to find teclis is described and the "being*" he met.

*which I suspect is the spirit of hysh proper, instead of just it's moon.

Edited by Yuviel Lightbringer
  • Like 4

On 7/20/2020 at 6:40 PM, Acid_Nine said:

chameleon paints from greenstuff world

I have been experimenting with these as well and have learned a few things:

1. priming with a glossy black is really important if you want the advertised colorshift effect
  2. However, if you want the paint to look like it does in the bottle (the actual paint), then put it over silver.

I'm still experimenting with this quite a bit but you can achieve some interesting effects by playing with the undercoat.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Yuviel Lightbringer said:

the big issue there is it's too out oc character with how he is described in the lumineth book, especially the way his journey at the start to find teclis is described and the "being*" he met.

yea, I agree. besides he already had to deal with this whole Rigmarole during the end times, which ended up dooming the homelands he fought aeons for, ruined relationships with his former allies, and helped usher in the destruction of the world by going on a temper tantrum. I think he learned his lesson to be honest, unless in recent years he took plot regression pills.

16 hours ago, GrimDork said:

Yup, it's really something I dislike about this army. Hope they change it soon, making it more playable. I do not want to spend gametime finicking those long spears in formation. But so far I've been disappointed by most of the book anyway so I will wait for a proper release with tyrion. 

3 hours ago, Yuviel Lightbringer said:

the big issue there is it's too out oc character with how he is described in the lumineth book, especialy the way his journey at the start to find teclis is described and the "being*" he met.

It is : ). It says that in the Battletome, it’s called the Realm’s Edge. I think it’ll look like the one weird looking face we can see on one of the Warden’s chest plate. It’s symbol is also already in the book (on the first page above the Tyrionic city, and on the bottom of the Tyrionic statues adorning the book). 

I also don’t think we’ll see a second Tyrion goes berserk story. During the Spire Fall would have been the most logical time for him to do that. But then, the have written some strange stuff before, so - Slaanesh freed, aelves in super peril, times really desperate, Tyrion makes same mistake - sadly is t totally unthinkable. Even more so, be wise although they are all gods now, they pretty much behave in exactly the same manner as before. 

Just now, xking said:

Is is a light dragon?

There are dragon-like beings shown. But those are different again. We had pictures of them before. They are own the ruler which comes with the box, and also likely on the banner of the Dawnriders, as well as on the breast plates of the Wardens.

The one I mean resembles the Naaru from Warcraft a little bit. But it's just one symbolized picture of a face on a tiny miniature. I don't know if this will actually be the Sun Spirit, it just would make sense because the other pictures shown on the great plates are Celennar, and moon and soon symbols (and those dragons : ) ). But you can't say from the picture how the sculpt would look like. I guess not like a dragon though, but something weird. 

This is a bit of a close up of the dragons. On top of the picture is the symbol of the Sun Spirit. 

About the Zenith mage: There is a little story of a Zenith mage acting as the ambassador to Malerion in Ulgu. He is captured by Shadow Demons sent by Malerion, but eventually freed by efforts of Syar and himself. He keeps this incident a secret though, to avoid a worsening of relations between the Lumineth and Malerion. They have mentioned Shadow Demons now many times, so it looks like this is what Malerion is producing out of his share of Aelf souls. 

Screenshot 2020-07-28 09.15.10.png

• Like 1

On 7/25/2020 at 1:02 PM, Acid_Nine said:

@Rock Lobster damn, I finished with the warden alone, and you have to knock me out of the water with those guys. Damn fine job on those guys,

here is my take on ziatrec with color shifting. Used burning gold over retributor armor for the majority of the armor, nullen oil gloss over the retributor armor for the scale mail, and a mixture of paints over the crest. On the shield I used Toxic Purple  for the shield from chameleon paints, and red / purple contrast for the robes. For his sword I just used colorshift celestial azure, and I dunno if I like it, but it certainly shows that it’s special metals.

984DF57A-AFC1-408D-88CA-24512A4737A7.jpeg

A6CBDADF-9E2C-430B-9985-176149DABB3E.jpeg

2A9DF740-23F2-4132-BD09-221204A5E471.jpeg

46D04BB2-DB28-4EFE-9619-77827710DC74.jpeg

Man that looks great!!  I'm hitting the High Dude right now, and it's tempting to use the Celestial Azure on the sword...  I'm using it on all the blue robes so I'll post some pics when [close to] done.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/25/2020 at 11:02 AM, Rock Lobster said:

First 5 wardens minus the bases - waiting for some new base materials to be delivered. I am such a slow painter so this will be a long project.

0E23C628-A83A-4ACF-B81C-7091B0AFE40A.jpeg.c42ecfaa20b8fa22a6a68912aa049511.jpegFC326AE9-3505-4786-B2FD-3211977E228F.jpeg.53c58b5ad515d5d4ce997053992caef2.jpeg3CD55325-AE7A-42BC-A1EC-67EF1E292D55.jpeg.85744d0d2cd0fde761e10e23f7031d89.jpeg7D1DCD43-DCE1-479E-972F-FFE29A938DAC.jpeg.dd57eef18b7c5699dfac4b23c7f2b7fa.jpeg

Dig the Blue/Orange combo....sort of a combo of Clones and Ymatrica..?  May I request a paint list?  Looking good!!

On 7/26/2020 at 7:38 AM, Acid_Nine said:

on that same topic, does anyone think people will object to using a mistweaver as the Cathallar? I don't know what I'm going to do for modifications, but I always loved that model and I finally got my hands on it.

Ohhhh... that's a cool model... That could also be used for my "wth is this" hero, an ALUMNIA ZENITHMAGE.... kinda using the Warscroll Designer to have fun. I can't wait to see what else come out of the Realm Lords, esp the Tyrion side of the coin.   Dunno why the Warscroll Designer smushes the text, but oh well.... 

Alumnia Zenithmage 3.pdf

38 minutes ago, LuminethMage said:

There are dragon-like beings shown. But those are different again. We had pictures of them before. They are own the ruler which comes with the box, and also likely on the banner of the Dawnriders, as well as on the breast plates of the Wardens.

The one I mean resembles the Naaru from Warcraft a little bit. But it's just one symbolized picture of a face on a tiny miniature. I don't know if this will actually be the Sun Spirit, it just would make sense because the other pictures shown on the great plates are Celennar, and moon and soon symbols (and those dragons : ) ). But you can't say from the picture how the sculpt would look like. I guess not like a dragon though, but something weird. 

This is a bit of a close up of the dragons. On top of the picture is the symbol of the Sun Spirit. 

About the Zenith mage: There is a little story of a Zenith mage acting as the ambassador to Malerion in Ulgu. He is captured by Shadow Demons sent by Malerion, but eventually freed by efforts of Syar and himself. He keeps this incident a secret though, to avoid a worsening of relations between the Lumineth and Malerion. They have mentioned Shadow Demons now many times, so it looks like this is what Malerion is producing out of his share of Aelf souls. 

Screenshot 2020-07-28 09.15.10.png

Ummm.  Man, I've got to reread this Battle Tome.... totally missed the story of the Zenith Mage.  Maybe that's why I wanted to make a Wizard hero subconsciously. Is this story in the Tome?

Edited by Wyliekyote

Sorry for the multi posting... having to much fun I guess...

IS there any precedence for a group to shift "allegiances". ie the Aelfs in the Cities {esp the Wood Aelves} say, come over and become a welcomed part of Tyrion's clan?  Since Alarielle has kinda sort of forsaken the Wood Aelves?  Those Shadow Warrios are awesome models and would be a cool part of Tyrion's more "military" based world.  And man, I wish they were allies to the Realm Lords!!!  After all, who else to show them the way of being an Aelf than them right?