Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
HollowHills

Aos 2 - Lumineth Realm-Lords Discussion

Recommended Posts

44 minutes ago, Chumphammer said:

Hey Dude, your STL is great!

These are not mine, yet. Dark Fantastic mills are an online scenery company that just previewed this as a new range. As soon as I can buy it I will lol. 

https://darkfantasticmills.worldsecuresystems.com/shop.html#shop-page

The range isnt up yet, or price etc. 


I think his armour is pretty unique from what I recall 

Definitely not mine, all credit for those files go to black magic craft

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, John Edwards said:

THIS!!!  Oh man.... so awesome.  I was considering doing the Iliatha theme, and after seeing this, I'm both scared and inspired.  Wet blending with Contrast paints?!?!  My skills are meager yet.  But, now to see if GSW and/or TurboDork makes color shift in this range.  And try not to buy them.

 

 

image.png.bc05431c82a34307bf332959e437a86a.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wet blending with contrast is super easy, because you don’t really have to modify the consistency. Get out a practice model and you’ll have it down pat in an hour, you just need to get used to how much paint to load up and how much to feather them together.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Acid_Nine said:

Man, with all these waystones I feel like a sucker that I made my own ones now. All these are awesome, and your paint job is great!

 

by the way, does anyone know if Eltharion can be summoned to a set of armor? Or is he an entity in one suit of armor all the time?

It’s a bit complicated. Teclis found “soul particles” over a month long period, he then asked Iliatha to make a living cloned body of someone who looked similar to Eltharion and commissioned a special armour in Syar. The particles were summoned by Teclis into the clonedbody, not the armour, but the body turned to dust. Over the years he tried it with several other cloned bodies, but so far they always turn to dust. 

Eltharion now seems to be one entity within the armour. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, LuminethMage said:

It’s a bit complicated. Teclis found “soul particles” over a month long period, he then asked Iliatha to make a living cloned body of someone who looked similar to Eltharion and commissioned a special armour in Syar. The particles were summoned by Teclis into the clonedbody, not the armour, but the body turned to dust. Over the years he tried it with several other cloned bodies, but so far they always turn to dust. 

Eltharion now seems to be one entity within the armour. 

I find this kind of weird, why would Teclis need lliatha to make a clone body?  As the mage god, should he not already know the clone creation magic? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, xking said:

I find this kind of weird, why would Teclis need lliatha to make a clone body?  As the mage god, should he not already know the clone creation magic? 

It doesn't say he needed to do it. He just did it that way. After all Iliathari are the experts for this, and he has other things to do, so why not leave that part to them? I guess it's also a bit more interesting from a narrative perspective to show the different specializations of the nations (Illiatha cloning, Syar magic armour etc.), and make it a cooperative effort. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, xking said:

I find this kind of weird, why would Teclis need lliatha to make a clone body?  As the mage god, should he not already know the clone creation magic? 

It also says Teclis has tried several times.  Maybe He let the Illiathans create the body originally as He regarded it as the easy part of the ritual.  His later attempts were possibly made by Him trying out different methods, all without success - so far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, elfhead said:

Wait, there is cloning now? 

Magic cloning, so it's all ok 🤣

Also weren't the Seraphon supposed to have "spawning pools," which were effectively cloning vats?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

well spawning pools fit with the idea of lizards crawling out of a pool where life starts. I always imagined it something similar like the life cycle of frogs. But elves magically cloning bodies... feels weird. Does this mean elven souls are put into new cloned bodies, essentially never dying. Like, you know, Stormcasts? guess I'll read all about it when the Battletome becomes available outside the starter box. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, LuminethMage said:

It’s a bit complicated. Teclis found “soul particles” over a month long period, he then asked Iliatha to make a living cloned body of someone who looked similar to Eltharion and commissioned a special armour in Syar. The particles were summoned by Teclis into the clonedbody, not the armour, but the body turned to dust. Over the years he tried it with several other cloned bodies, but so far they always turn to dust. 

Eltharion now seems to be one entity within the armour. 

Cool background for the model. 

 

Thank you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, LuminethMage said:

It’s a bit complicated. Teclis found “soul particles” over a month long period, he then asked Iliatha to make a living cloned body of someone who looked similar to Eltharion and commissioned a special armour in Syar. The particles were summoned by Teclis into the clonedbody, not the armour, but the body turned to dust. Over the years he tried it with several other cloned bodies, but so far they always turn to dust. 

Eltharion now seems to be one entity within the armour. 

yea, I knew that, but thank you! I was hoping there was something that said he could wear new "Armors" or teleport to armies that needed his support, almost like a daemon

 

like if the army of Syar is about to embark on a serious mission, but eltharion is technically within ziatrec right now. Could they use a matching set of armor (in a different paint scheme 😉) to summon his soul there to fight for them? or does the light of Eltharion have to walk across the realm like a peasant?

Edited by Acid_Nine
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Acid_Nine said:

like if the army of Syar is about to embark on a serious mission, but eltharion is technically within ziatrec right now. Could they use a matching set of armor (in a different paint scheme 😉) to summon his soul there to fight for them? or does the light of Eltharion have to walk across the realm like a peasant?

At the moment, I would imagine he has to treck manually as he seems bound to that single set of armour made by teclis,

Although lumineth being superior mages they likley have teleportation spells so if teclis or a council of mages was willing it's entirley possible to just hurl eltharion through a tempory sub-dimension to  reach a necessary fight elsewhere in the realms.

Edited by Yuviel Lightbringer
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are also plenty of Realmgates.  It wouldn't surprise me if they perfected the creation of Realmgates back before the fall.  Not saying they invented them, but reasonable to imagine they could copy the idea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Acid_Nine said:

yea, I knew that, but thank you! I was hoping there was something that said he could wear new "Armors" or teleport to armies that needed his support, almost like a daemon

 

like if the army of Syar is about to embark on a serious mission, but eltharion is technically within ziatrec right now. Could they use a matching set of armor (in a different paint scheme 😉) to summon his soul there to fight for them? or does the light of Eltharion have to walk across the realm like a peasant?

 I would agree with Yuviel & Aelfric, he is bound to this armour and can’t just jump from one to another, but there are many other ways to move him fast From place to place as they said.

There was even something in the book about some Lumineth in the Age of Myth being able to just think of bridges  of light - and those would appear, taking them to the places they need. 

But if you want to have him being able to do that - why not? You could have Teclis commissioning more armours and place them at strategic places or something like that. Like I  mentioned though, in the book he is summoned into bodies, not armours. But if it’s a bit different in your AoS story, who cares? 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At the risk of shilling for him more, Duncan Rhode's latest tutorial on his site is for Eltharion.

GkbVPcA.png

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone know the base size for the cathallar scinari mage?

I’m going to rebase/base my old metal everqueen and use her as one, but obviously the square base has to go ^^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First 5 wardens minus the bases - waiting for some new base materials to be delivered. I am such a slow painter so this will be a long project.

0E23C628-A83A-4ACF-B81C-7091B0AFE40A.jpeg.c42ecfaa20b8fa22a6a68912aa049511.jpegFC326AE9-3505-4786-B2FD-3211977E228F.jpeg.53c58b5ad515d5d4ce997053992caef2.jpeg3CD55325-AE7A-42BC-A1EC-67EF1E292D55.jpeg.85744d0d2cd0fde761e10e23f7031d89.jpeg7D1DCD43-DCE1-479E-972F-FFE29A938DAC.jpeg.dd57eef18b7c5699dfac4b23c7f2b7fa.jpeg

  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Rock Lobster damn, I finished with the warden alone, and you have to knock me out of the water with those guys. Damn fine job on those guys,

 

here is my take on ziatrec with color shifting. Used burning gold over retributor armor for the majority of the armor, nullen oil gloss over the retributor armor for the scale mail, and a mixture of paints over the crest. On the shield I used Toxic Purple  for the shield from chameleon paints, and red / purple contrast for the robes. For his sword I just used colorshift celestial azure, and I dunno if I like it, but it certainly shows that it’s special metals.

984DF57A-AFC1-408D-88CA-24512A4737A7.jpeg

A6CBDADF-9E2C-430B-9985-176149DABB3E.jpeg

2A9DF740-23F2-4132-BD09-221204A5E471.jpeg

46D04BB2-DB28-4EFE-9619-77827710DC74.jpeg

  • Like 5
  • LOVE IT! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, texhnology said:

Anyone know the base size for the cathallar scinari mage?

I’m going to rebase/base my old metal everqueen and use her as one, but obviously the square base has to go ^^

It’s likely 32 mm, but they haven’t announced it as far as I know.
 

@Rock Lobster that’s a really nice colour scheme and great painting job.

@Acid_Nine The azure makes it look like a magical sword, but I can also see why you might not like it. You could also use it for the rune on his shield, that’s how it looks a bit in the Zaitrec picture. But also not sure about that, hahaha : )

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, LuminethMage said:

It’s likely 32 mm, but they haven’t announced it as far as I know.
 

@Rock Lobster that’s a really nice colour scheme and great painting job.

@Acid_Nine The azure makes it look like a magical sword, but I can also see why you might not like it. You could also use it for the rune on his shield, that’s how it looks a bit in the Zaitrec picture. But also not sure about that, hahaha : )

would you believe I forgot to look at that reference? It is a bit too late with how many paint layers I put onto it, soI may keep it... but I may experiment more. And yea, I like the Azure, but worried it's a bit too magical. I dunno, may try a test of it over steel, but so far I a do love it. I always imagined sunmetal to retain a bluish tinge like the sky, or maybe a white hot style of metal.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, texhnology said:

Anyone know the base size for the cathallar scinari mage?

I’m going to rebase/base my old metal everqueen and use her as one, but obviously the square base has to go ^^

Looks like a 32mm from all the photos. I have an old Wood elf mage who I put on a 32mm to use as a Cathallar as well. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, LuminethMage said:

It’s likely 32 mm, but they haven’t announced it as far as I know.

 

18 minutes ago, Falkman said:

Looks like a 32mm from all the photos. I have an old Wood elf mage who I put on a 32mm to use as a Cathallar as well. :)

Awesome guys, thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

on that same topic, does anyone think people will object to using a mistweaver as the Cathallar? I don't know what I'm going to do for modifications, but I always loved that model and I finally got my hands on it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Acid_Nine said:

on that same topic, does anyone think people will object to using a mistweaver as the Cathallar? I don't know what I'm going to do for modifications, but I always loved that model and I finally got my hands on it.

Nah, as long as you tell them what the model represents I don’t think anyone would care. Maybe a few people with a stick up the butt. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...