Aos 2 - Lumineth Realm-Lords Discussion

HollowHills

23 hours ago, Ghoooouls said:

Interestingly, the champion for stoneguard is much worse than the normal stoneguard guys, how odd.

And the Sentinel Champion doesn't have a bow, which is really stupid for MSU lists. The Stoneguard Champion doesn't really have anything better over his peers, other than the reroll, which doesn't quite make up for the worse profile. I might not even build a champion into the unit. Vanari don't really get a choice, of course, since you want those Wizards.

So after waiting all day to try it, I finally got a chance to work on my new idea.  I took retributor gold and covered it in the burning gold chameleon paint to act like a shader, and I have to say that though it’s not exactly a true color shift, I like how it looks!

skeleton as the final test of this;

A543F3D8-DFDA-4EF9-BB8C-7996B4E266B4.jpeg

7452CD0E-5B57-47C9-BD31-787D778955D7.jpeg

B3BD6142-A56C-4616-A4EF-78C75401F2DB.jpeg

F21D9D9D-2F65-4347-9397-18BEEBC85AAF.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chumphammer said:

Found my display board bits from Dark fantastic mills (not out yet but preview)

20200723_063819.jpg

Man, with all these waystones I feel like a sucker that I made my own ones now. All these are awesome, and your paint job is great!

by the way, does anyone know if Eltharion can be summoned to a set of armor? Or is he an entity in one suit of armor all the time?

8 minutes ago, Acid_Nine said:

Man, with all these waystones I feel like a sucker that I made my own ones now. All these are awesome, and your paint job is great!

by the way, does anyone know if Eltharion can be summoned to a set of armor? Or is he an entity in one suit of armor all the time?

Hey Dude, your STL is great!

These are not mine, yet. Dark Fantastic mills are an online scenery company that just previewed this as a new range. As soon as I can buy it I will lol. 

https://darkfantasticmills.worldsecuresystems.com/shop.html#shop-page

The range isnt up yet, or price etc. 

I think his armour is pretty unique from what I recall 

44 minutes ago, Chumphammer said:

Hey Dude, your STL is great!

These are not mine, yet. Dark Fantastic mills are an online scenery company that just previewed this as a new range. As soon as I can buy it I will lol. 

https://darkfantasticmills.worldsecuresystems.com/shop.html#shop-page

The range isnt up yet, or price etc. 

I think his armour is pretty unique from what I recall 

Definitely not mine, all credit for those files go to black magic craft

6 hours ago, John Edwards said:

THIS!!!  Oh man.... so awesome.  I was considering doing the Iliatha theme, and after seeing this, I'm both scared and inspired.  Wet blending with Contrast paints?!?!  My skills are meager yet.  But, now to see if GSW and/or TurboDork makes color shift in this range.  And try not to buy them.

image.png.bc05431c82a34307bf332959e437a86a.png

Wet blending with contrast is super easy, because you don’t really have to modify the consistency. Get out a practice model and you’ll have it down pat in an hour, you just need to get used to how much paint to load up and how much to feather them together.

7 hours ago, Acid_Nine said:

It’s a bit complicated. Teclis found “soul particles” over a month long period, he then asked Iliatha to make a living cloned body of someone who looked similar to Eltharion and commissioned a special armour in Syar. The particles were summoned by Teclis into the clonedbody, not the armour, but the body turned to dust. Over the years he tried it with several other cloned bodies, but so far they always turn to dust. 

Eltharion now seems to be one entity within the armour. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, xking said:

I find this kind of weird, why would Teclis need lliatha to make a clone body?  As the mage god, should he not already know the clone creation magic? 

It doesn't say he needed to do it. He just did it that way. After all Iliathari are the experts for this, and he has other things to do, so why not leave that part to them? I guess it's also a bit more interesting from a narrative perspective to show the different specializations of the nations (Illiatha cloning, Syar magic armour etc.), and make it a cooperative effort. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, xking said:

I find this kind of weird, why would Teclis need lliatha to make a clone body?  As the mage god, should he not already know the clone creation magic? 

It also says Teclis has tried several times.  Maybe He let the Illiathans create the body originally as He regarded it as the easy part of the ritual.  His later attempts were possibly made by Him trying out different methods, all without success - so far.

well spawning pools fit with the idea of lizards crawling out of a pool where life starts. I always imagined it something similar like the life cycle of frogs. But elves magically cloning bodies... feels weird. Does this mean elven souls are put into new cloned bodies, essentially never dying. Like, you know, Stormcasts? guess I'll read all about it when the Battletome becomes available outside the starter box. 

15 hours ago, LuminethMage said:

It’s a bit complicated. Teclis found “soul particles” over a month long period, he then asked Iliatha to make a living cloned body of someone who looked similar to Eltharion and commissioned a special armour in Syar. The particles were summoned by Teclis into the clonedbody, not the armour, but the body turned to dust. Over the years he tried it with several other cloned bodies, but so far they always turn to dust. 

Cool background for the model. 

Thank you!

20 hours ago, LuminethMage said:

yea, I knew that, but thank you! I was hoping there was something that said he could wear new "Armors" or teleport to armies that needed his support, almost like a daemon

like if the army of Syar is about to embark on a serious mission, but eltharion is technically within ziatrec right now. Could they use a matching set of armor (in a different paint scheme 😉) to summon his soul there to fight for them? or does the light of Eltharion have to walk across the realm like a peasant?

Edited by Acid_Nine
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Acid_Nine said:

like if the army of Syar is about to embark on a serious mission, but eltharion is technically within ziatrec right now. Could they use a matching set of armor (in a different paint scheme 😉) to summon his soul there to fight for them? or does the light of Eltharion have to walk across the realm like a peasant?

At the moment, I would imagine he has to treck manually as he seems bound to that single set of armour made by teclis,

Although lumineth being superior mages they likley have teleportation spells so if teclis or a council of mages was willing it's entirley possible to just hurl eltharion through a tempory sub-dimension to  reach a necessary fight elsewhere in the realms.

Edited by Yuviel Lightbringer
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Acid_Nine said:

yea, I knew that, but thank you! I was hoping there was something that said he could wear new "Armors" or teleport to armies that needed his support, almost like a daemon

I would agree with Yuviel & Aelfric, he is bound to this armour and can’t just jump from one to another, but there are many other ways to move him fast From place to place as they said.

There was even something in the book about some Lumineth in the Age of Myth being able to just think of bridges  of light - and those would appear, taking them to the places they need. 

But if you want to have him being able to do that - why not? You could have Teclis commissioning more armours and place them at strategic places or something like that. Like I  mentioned though, in the book he is summoned into bodies, not armours. But if it’s a bit different in your AoS story, who cares? 

• Like 1

@Rock Lobster damn, I finished with the warden alone, and you have to knock me out of the water with those guys. Damn fine job on those guys,

here is my take on ziatrec with color shifting. Used burning gold over retributor armor for the majority of the armor, nullen oil gloss over the retributor armor for the scale mail, and a mixture of paints over the crest. On the shield I used Toxic Purple  for the shield from chameleon paints, and red / purple contrast for the robes. For his sword I just used colorshift celestial azure, and I dunno if I like it, but it certainly shows that it’s special metals.

984DF57A-AFC1-408D-88CA-24512A4737A7.jpeg

A6CBDADF-9E2C-430B-9985-176149DABB3E.jpeg

2A9DF740-23F2-4132-BD09-221204A5E471.jpeg

46D04BB2-DB28-4EFE-9619-77827710DC74.jpeg

• Like 5
  • LOVE IT! 1