Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
HollowHills

Aos 2 - Lumineth Realm-Lords Discussion

How do you guys think we’ll fair vs Ossiarchs? With Katakros giving everyone a 3+ save and the catapults murdering big groups, not to mention the hilarious amount of healing they can do, does our force and mass mortal wounds do well vs them?

21 minutes ago, Chumphammer said:

Anyone thought of lists with IDK allies?

was thinking ishlaen guard could be useful to tie something up and maybe even with a soulscryer but not sure it's worth it over dawnriders

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, Tiberius501 said:

How do you guys think we’ll fair vs Ossiarchs? With Katakros giving everyone a 3+ save and the catapults murdering big groups, not to mention the hilarious amount of healing they can do, does our force and mass mortal wounds do well vs them?

I think we should have some decent tools to handle them. our damage mainly comes through mortal wounds so save should not be a huge issue. the catapults can be pretty annoying although a bit swingy and they can threaten our heroes for sure and also snipe the wizards in our vanari units, but on other hand with dawnriders and speed of hysh we should be able to lock down the catapults in the back field. and our sentinels can return the favour by pinging off their heroes to reduce access to discipline points

Edited by woolf
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Chumphammer said:

Anyone thought of lists with IDK allies?

I'm including 10 Thralls and a Soulscryer in some lists.  That's 250 points all told, which gives me a deepstriking force with a 6" re-rollable charge and though Thralls are not that defensive they can hit pretty hard.   I like having something in reserve and it  gives your opponent more to think about.

34 minutes ago, Aelfric said:

I'm including 10 Thralls and a Soulscryer in some lists.  That's 250 points all told, which gives me a deepstriking force with a 6" re-rollable charge and though Thralls are not that defensive they can hit pretty hard.   I like having something in reserve and it  gives your opponent more to think about.

Hmm could get a Scyer and a unit of 20 for 370pts that could really hit some like hard. 

Could also do Akhelian Ishlaen Guard for some flying obj block unit, 

or 6 Akhelian Morrsarr Guard for a flying assault unit 

16 minutes ago, Chumphammer said:

Hmm could get a Scyer and a unit of 20 for 370pts that could really hit some like hard. 

Could also do Akhelian Ishlaen Guard for some flying obj block unit, 

or 6 Akhelian Morrsarr Guard for a flying assault unit 

Yes, there's several possibilities - It's finding the points for them that's the difficult bit.  

I think the soulscryer + something is what could add to LRL as giving access to deep strike which the book otherwise lacks (or maybe just eels for a flying unit) unfortunately the soulscryer is quite an expensive tax for that alone so not sure if it's that viable in the end. The reverse of adding lumineth to a deepkin list would have been more interesting imo but alas that's not possible

I kinda like this:

Zaitrec:

Scinari Cathallar - General, Fast Learner
Scinari Cathallar -  Silver Wand
30 Vanari Auralan Wardens
10 Vanari Auralan Wardens
10 Vanari Auralan Wardens
20 Vanari Auralan Sentinels
10 Vanari Auralan Sentinels
10 Vanari Auralan Sentinels
Auralan Legion
Hyshian Twinstones
Allies (370/400)
Isharann Soulscryer
20 Namarti Thralls
125W, 4 Drops,  40pts left for whatever

8 Casts, 8 dispels 

Take a tidecaster, avalenor, and mountain spirit for possible -3 to be hit, combined with shining company for -4 to be hit. Of course it only affects one unit with the -4 but could be pretty hilarious against some hard hitting enemy units that think they can hit on 2’s. It’s also only 100 points for the tidecaster, but yeah, this is more just for the funny moment more than anything else. I doubt it’s a competitive option.

It'll be interesting to see if any of the new Gargants will have a place in a Lumineth army.

Posted (edited)

Wellllll....

I finally got my chameleon paints from greenstuff world and I gotta say I'm a bit dissapointed by the Burning gold. It turned out a lot more greenish gold instead of orangy gold like advertised, so that makes me sad. But! The other paints I got are pretty nice, so I may be using them on the weapons or the shield or something. I may try to use it on one model, but without an airbrush I think I am stuck brushing it on, and the shoulder things on the wardens is fairly intricate. Kinda sad that I waited a month for those paints :(

Will post some pictures later when I can 

Edited by Acid_Nine
  • Sad 1

Looking forward to the pics! I'm still assembling mine, and waiting for some paints from GW (so many have been sold out, also locally). But, for people who are excited about the Tyrionic side - it looks like GW already have some of the models planned out.

Not only do we see the face of the dragon-like creature on the picture of the Tyrionic city (in the BT and on the ruler, as well as on the Dawnrider banner) on their breastplate - but maybe also a symbol of the face of the Sun Spirit (The Realm's Edge, weird looking face which would fit well with a spirit of light) which would come with Tyrion. It would fit thematically if it was the Sun Spirit, because the other breastplates show Celennar, moon and sun symbols. 

Initially, after reading the BT, I thought next up would be the Wind Temple, as all their units were described in detail (archer cavalry on long-legged beast, cloud riding mages, and a named, fox masked archer spirit of the wind), but if they already have ideas for the sculptures of the Tyrion side, we might see some kind of addition not too far in the future. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, LuminethMage said:

Looking forward to the pics! I'm still assembling mine, and waiting for some paints from GW (so many have been sold out, also locally). But, for people who are excited about the Tyrionic side - it looks like GW already have some of the models planned out.

Not only do we see the face of the dragon-like creature on the picture of the Tyrionic city (in the BT and on the ruler, as well as on the Dawnrider banner) on their breastplate - but maybe also a symbol of the face of the Sun Spirit (The Realm's Edge, weird looking face which would fit well with a spirit of light) which would come with Tyrion. It would fit thematically if it was the Sun Spirit, because the other breastplates show Celennar, moon and sun symbols. 

Initially, after reading the BT, I thought next up would be the Wind Temple, as all their units were described in detail (archer cavalry on long-legged beast, cloud riding mages, and a named, fox masked archer spirit of the wind), but if they already have ideas for the sculptures of the Tyrion side, we might see some kind of addition not too far in the future. 

Where are you hearing this? Very interested...

I think it's pretty unrealistic to expect the Lumineth to be significantly expanded with their next battle tome. Down the road, GW has certainly laid the seeds for futures miniature releases. But I cant imagine that being earlier than 2-3 years off.

Considering what GW's current trend with updated battletome releases, our most likely/hopeful outcome would be that when AOS 3.0 gets released, and they start the battletome refresh cycle again, we might get another generic hero to accompany that release and updated tome. 

That still would be a few years off.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Prince Tûrion Rilyalöce said:

Where are you hearing this? Very interested...

Not hearing anything, sorry, I didn't want to raise expectations too much. I agree with Athrawes above. Whatever we get as an extension of the line, it's not coming within a year or so. So let me expand a bit to make it more clear what I wanted to say above: 

I initially thought our next expansions will focus on the Teclian Temples, because there is a big focus on them in the BT, lore-wise they are already part of the army we are seeing right now (Teclian Vanguard), and the authors also described the models for the Wind Temple in a pretty detailed way (see my post above) in the BT. The Wind Temple also would fit well from a list building point of view (ranged cavalry, fast moving mage, artillery). And the temples would be an easy way to enlarge the army step by step a la Stormcast chambers. Therefore, I thought the whole Tyrionic side might be way off in the future.

But, looking at the Warden and Dawnrider models (I guess the Sentinels will have more of that too), it looks like GW already has a good idea for at least some of the models on the Tyrionic-side (maybe already have the sculpts), which always seems to be the first step for GW when they build a new army. If they already have done that, I think it's more likely we see that side as the next expansion (which still will be away at least over a year, if not 2 to 3 as Athrawes said) for them. It's just speculation of course. I really like that we now have four different hints of the dragon-like beings (in the picture of the city, the Dawnrider banner, the face on the breastplates, and the symbol on the breastplate of the high Warden). Because a lot of people are waiting for dragons. If they'd be part of the next expansion for the Lumineth, I think that'd be awesome for the line. 

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

4 minutes ago, LuminethMage said:

Not hearing anything, sorry, I didn't want to raise expectations too much. I agree with Athrawes above. Whatever we get as an extension of the line, it's not coming within a year or so. So let me expand a bit to make it more clear what I wanted to say above: 

I initially thought our next expansions will focus on the Teclian Temples, because there is a big focus on them in the BT, lore-wise they are already part of the army we are seeing right now (Teclian Vanguard), and the authors also described the models for the Wind Temple in a pretty detailed way (see my post above) in the BT. The Wind Temple also would fit well from a list building point of view (ranged cavalry, fast moving mage, artillery). And the temples would be an easy way to enlarge the army step by step a la Stormcast chambers. Therefore, I thought the whole Tyrionic side might be way off in the future.

But, looking at the Warden and Dawnrider models (I guess the Sentinels will have more of that too), it looks like GW already has a good idea for at least some of the models on the Tyrionic-side (maybe already have the sculpts), which always seems to be the first step for GW when they build a new army. If they already have done that, I think it's more likely we see that side as the next expansion (which still will be away at least over a year, if not 2 to 3 as Athrawes said) for them. It's just speculation of course. I really like that we now have four different hints of the dragon-like beings (in the picture of the city, the Dawnrider banner, the face on the breastplates, and the symbol on the breastplate of the high Warden). Because a lot of people are waiting for dragons. If they'd be part of the next expansion for the Lumineth, I think that'd be awesome for the line. 

Oh I see. That is clever observation.

Are the temples only Teclian? I thought they were apart from the political or cultural structure almost religious.

Like a nation is either Teclian or Tyrionic but all the temples would exist in all the nations kind of like aspect warriors.

48 minutes ago, Prince Tûrion Rilyalöce said:

Oh I see. That is clever observation.

Are the temples only Teclian? I thought they were apart from the political or cultural structure almost religious.

Like a nation is either Teclian or Tyrionic but all the temples would exist in all the nations kind of like aspect warriors.

Yes, the Temples are neutral. All of the nations seem to have them. A storyline in the BT about a Water Temple fighting an Orruk horde is based in the Tyrionic nation of Aurathrai (or Oultrai).  

But, Teclis basically invented the idea and concept behind them, chose all the founders (which were all mages), and even now they are all led by mages (as far as we know), so I think thematically they are more on the Teclian-side. And they are all included in the Teclian Vanguard - which is basically what you are playing right now from a fluff perspective (not exclusively of course, but it's the center of the story in the BT)

It wouldn't be a problem at all if they would release a Temple within a basically Tyrionic release fluff-wise. But then, Tyrion has chariots, likely the dragons I mentioned, knights, lords & ladies, scouts, artillery and similar things, which a lot of people are looking forward to. On the Teclian-side, we really only have further Scinari options and the Temples. Everything else they mention in the book on the Teclian side isn't directly concerned with war (scribes, artists etc.). Except maybe a magical lance of light which could be an artillery piece similar to the Luminark (hence I don't think we'll see it). So I think if they want to expand the Teclian side, they likely go with Temples, if they go for the Tyrionic side, maybe we see something different. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, LuminethMage said:

Yes, the Temples are neutral. All of the nations seem to have them. A storyline in the BT about a Water Temple fighting an Orruk horde is based in the Tyrionic nation of Aurathrai (or Oultrai).  

But, Teclis basically invented the idea and concept behind them, chose all the founders (which were all mages), and even now they are all led by mages (as far as we know), so I think thematically they are more on the Teclian-side. And they are all included in the Teclian Vanguard - which is basically what you are playing right now from a fluff perspective (not exclusively of course, but it's the center of the story in the BT)

It wouldn't be a problem at all if they would release a Temple within a basically Tyrionic release fluff-wise. But then, Tyrion has chariots, likely the dragons I mentioned, knights, lords & ladies, scouts, artillery and similar things, which a lot of people are looking forward to. On the Teclian-side, we really only have further Scinari options and the Temples. Everything else they mention in the book on the Teclian side isn't directly concerned with war (scribes, artists etc.). Except maybe a magical lance of light which could be an artillery piece similar to the Luminark (hence I don't think we'll see it). So I think if they want to expand the Teclian side, they likely go with Temples, if they go for the Tyrionic side, maybe we see something different. 

That’s pretty sound reasoning, thanks for the explanation!

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Acid_Nine said:

Wellllll....

I finally got my chameleon paints from greenstuff world and I gotta say I'm a bit dissapointed by the Burning gold. It turned out a lot more greenish gold instead of orangy gold like advertised, so that makes me sad. But! The other paints I got are pretty nice, so I may be using them on the weapons or the shield or something. I may try to use it on one model, but without an airbrush I think I am stuck brushing it on, and the shoulder things on the wardens is fairly intricate. Kinda sad that I waited a month for those paints :(

Will post some pictures later when I can 

sorry to hear, I had similar experience with the gold. you could perhaps consider getting an airbrush, you can get one for less than the lumineth box :)

if you do I think it would be manageable to use these paints for the armour parts

• Thanks 1

I’m very pleased the battletome gives the impression the Lumineth are much more then the models available. I’m also happy some things are described pretty detailed and otherthings are kept vague. I love this part of the hobby, these snippets from the battletome inspire and challenge players to convert and create their own stories, heraldry, color schemes, etc. For me, that is what the hobby is about.  

• Like 5

Posted (edited)
51 minutes ago, elfhead said:

I’m very pleased the battletome gives the impression the Lumineth are much more then the models available. I’m also happy some things are described pretty detailed and otherthings are kept vague. I love this part of the hobby, these snippets from the battletome inspire and challenge players to convert and create their own stories, heraldry, color schemes, etc. For me, that is what the hobby is about.  

I totaly agree with you. Sometimes I am planning on mixing 2 colour schemes from 2 different Nations (like Zaitrec and Ymetrica) for example, to reflect Lumineth who are influenced by both Nations.
However as some one else already said it a few dozen pages before, I am always worried.
I am not really a Hobbyist who collects like 3000 points and more, as I don't have the money. Also I like to finish things step by step. 
Now whats the thing I am worried about?
Well, I always like to plan ahead, figure out a narrative I like and build from there. And I am worried that the Tyrionic side will in the end appeal to me much more than anything I have thought up already. In this way it seems that I am pretty obessed with this particular Part, this particular Faction - (typical Aelf behaviour yay :D ) - I am maybe that kind of guy who finds an all Cavalry Army appealing. While my Friends collect all kinds of Factions with a mix of Minor Beasts, 1-2 Behemoths, big named Characters, the whole mix of Core Troops and all that stuff.

When Swifthawk Agents were still around I sometimes thought about how cool "AoS-ified" Warhawk Riders with a new High Aelf Aesthetic could be. And than I fancied collecting a whole Squadron just of this cool new Riders soaring across the Realms... 🥰

So Yeah, sorry for the rambling on. Although when I said that I would be worried about getting excited about new Tyrionic Models - this has not to be a bad thing. I guess the "Issue" is - I am always thinking about what is to come and not about what we have now. (It all sounds more dramatized than it actually is to be honest haha) There is just that drive for "the perfect" Force that I can make my own. 😄

Edit: On the Heraldy you mentioned @elfhead: I am also a fan of building up from a subfaction or a Battalion (or numerous ones) and get a feel for how they organise and ultimately play. It is really exciting to get the gist of "Oh that's how a Phalanx from Iliatha works and "feels" like to play with"
Thats what I also liked about my Wanderers: You could fit a whole nearly 2000 Point army into 1 Battalion the "Waystone Pathfinders" -you kind of get a scale reference and can act out a narrative:
Can this lone tribe of Wanderers survive against this Marauding Bonesplitterz Horde? Do they actually stand a chance against Arkhan and his Legions?     ---> Most of the time, they (the Aelves) died. ^^

Edited by Aloth_Corfiser

6 hours ago, woolf said:

sorry to hear, I had similar experience with the gold. you could perhaps consider getting an airbrush, you can get one for less than the lumineth box :)

if you do I think it would be manageable to use these paints for the armour parts

You warned me I believe, so I should have listened! Yea, I think the compressor is more expensive than the air brush, so I dunno if I will be getting one anytime soon. Plus, I’m in a medical program currently and don’t think it would be wise to get one with my student loans.

I may try on one of my guys just to see how it would look, as now that I let them completely dry the models look a bit better. I will say though, that shading utterly ruins the effect so That is something to consider. I am really excited to see how the weapons turn out those, as the celestial Azure looks really amazing for a weapon.

5 hours ago, Aloth_Corfiser said:

When Swifthawk Agents were still around I sometimes thought about how cool "AoS-ified" Warhawk Riders with a new High Aelf Aesthetic could be.

Same, variety of birds and some EC allies would have been awesome.

Problem is that LRL have far too little cool stuff to play around and even the allies look they're suffering from anaemia. Not really prompting me to grab my tools and start assembling things. I usually prefer mages but not really feeling Teclis, hopefully Tyrion is going to look more to my liking.

Posted (edited)

Interestingly, the champion for stoneguard is much worse than the normal stoneguard guys, how odd.

Edited by Ghoooouls