Aos 2 - Lumineth Realm-Lords Discussion

HollowHills

That particular pic of a face over Teclis' shoulder I think has been proven to be Celennar.  There was another version of the same painting that showed the face in more detail and full color.  I really want Tyrion as well, but I din't think this is proof that we're getting him.

Edited by Koradrel of Chrace
  • Like 2

This also feels a little long for an army to be fully revealed. Did the bonereapers take this long to come out? With little teases every 2 weeks?

maybe it’s par for the course (am I using that saying correctly?) and I’m just excited so time seems to be moving slower then usual, but this is super slow :( With the schedule of every 2 weeks won’t it be at least a month and a half from now till we can play the army?

Heh, I should be finishing at least 1k of my Idoneth, but every time I look at painting them I think, "Man, these could be Lumineth...."

I'm also kind of curious where this army will slot into the meta.  Traditional High Elf armies tended to be toward the top half of the power curve, it'll be interesting to see if this army continues that trend.

Edited by Koradrel of Chrace
  • Like 2

As they have the "Biggest Warhammer Preview EverTM" there, it's likely that the full reveal of the Lumineth will be part of it. If Tyrion or dragons are part of the Lumineth I'd be really surprised if we see them before. That actually makes it seem more likely for me that Tyrion is part of the release this time. With Teclis and Eltharion both shown already, there isn't another HE on the same level. 

• Like 1

I too really hope Tyrion is in the book, but I'm not holding my breath. I get the idea that they would hold him back for another big preview event so they can drum up hype for him as they did Teclis, but I get the feeling we would have had more hints about him by now. I think at worst you should all set your expectations low and not hype yourselves up by assuming he's in.

6 hours ago, CaptainBerk said:

Sprues and Brews have another article up looking at all the Lumineth Rumour Engines...didn't realise there was so many.  Do you think they are right about Tyrion being hidden in plain sight?

https://spruesandbrews.com/2020/02/06/lumineth-realm-lords-rumour-engine-analysis/

Thanks, always interesting, and some good points. 

We do know though how aetherquartz looks like. The 4 mirror like things on Teclis model (and in the art) are aetherquartz. Aetherquartz is described in the "Malign Sorcery" book as "translucent prisms" that once solidified is found in "mystical patterns or rune like symbols" which only the Aelves can understand. 

As for Tyrion, I just think it would fit with the purpose. In terms of Lumineth, there is nothing which would have the same oomph as a Tyrion reveal. If they put him on a dragon-like creature, then even more so. Before they made the "Pointy Aelves" vid, most of us also had no idea about Teclis being the leader, nor that he'd come with a sphinx. Let's see what happens : ) 

Aetherquartz: 

f8c1a99d.jpg

Edited by LuminethMage
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, LuminethMage said:

Thanks, always interesting, and some good points. 

We do know though how aetherquartz looks like. The 4 mirror like things on Teclis model (and in the art) are aetherquartz. Aetherquartz is described in the "Malign Sorcery" book as "translucent prisms" that once solidified is found in "mystical patterns or rune like symbols" which only the Aelves can understand. 

As for Tyrion, I just think it would fit with the purpose. In terms of Lumineth, there is nothing which would have the same oomph as a Tyrion reveal. If they put him on a dragon-like creature, then even more so. Before they made the "Pointy Aelves" vid, most of us also had no idea about Teclis being the leader, nor that he'd come with a sphinx. Let's see what happens : ) 

Aetherquartz: 

f8c1a99d.jpg

Each mirror is prolly linked to an element, wonder which symbols are which?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Aelfric said:

With the schedule of every 2 weeks won’t it be at least a month and a half from now till we can play the army?

I think youre probably right.  Arrival in a couple of months.

Hope GW dont try to draw this out for as long as they did Sisters of Battle.  Looking back, they were dripfeeding previews for months.  Heaven forbid they launch with a limited edition boxed army.  It seems a lot of 40Kers were unhappy.

4 hours ago, LuminethMage said:

As they have the "Biggest Warhammer Preview EverTM" there, it's likely that the full reveal of the Lumineth will be part of it.

I assumed the Biggest Reveal would be the rumored giant faction, Sons of Behemat. Hope you’re right.

Come on GW!  Is too much to hope for a  plentiful supply of ‘SoB vs Lumineth’ battleboxes in the near future? 

Considering the Sisters of Battle preview, GW very clearly stated in their first rebiews that they would be ober a year off and that they would share ongoing development, which we haven't seen ever from them. I hope they do more of the sorts. I remember Lumineth being mentioned as early 2020, that would make me guess april, late march AT BEST. But that's nowhere near waiting over a year, gladly.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, CaptainBerk said:

Sprues and Brews have another article up looking at all the Lumineth Rumour Engines...didn't realise there was so many.  Do you think they are right about Tyrion being hidden in plain sight?

https://spruesandbrews.com/2020/02/06/lumineth-realm-lords-rumour-engine-analysis/

the hair was confirmed as Shadowsun's new model

I am chafing at the wait as well. Slowly working on my alopex shark, my final part of the army, and its a slow process thinking about the Lumineth. I just want to see more about their heroes and the elites. 

man, they really having me by the wallet. Consume product and get excited for more product. and I'm falling for it!

I kinda feel like they are doing too much with the background of this army.

Sun and moon

Realm of light

Elfen runes

4 elements

Aetherquartz

These are all great themes but they use up a ton of future Design space with all of them, and I don't think all of them will feel well fleshed out.

5 minutes ago, Koradrel of Chrace said:

I think that's actually the point of where they are going with AOS from here in.  We might get a couple more new armies, but I think the point was to leave room to flesh things out.

Personally, I prefer having the room to fill in the blanks and make the army lore my own. Granted, you can do that even if the lore is more fleshed out, but there's often a lot more push-back from others who think its wrong to change the official lore.

When they leave things a bit vague, you can discard or change whatever you like, and the reaction is frequently a lot more positive.

Edited by OkayestDM
  • Like 2

But at the same time, that was one of the things that killed WHFB.  They had pretty much fleshed the setting out as much as they could from a wargames perspective.  They wound up just re-releasing new sculpts for models nost of the time.  The little bit of new stuff they did come out with felt very forced in the setting.  It's the one big thing I like about AOS.  They have really thrown the gates open to embrace any weird idea they want to come up with.  That's also why I'm excited about the Lumineth.  They look to be a fantastic blending of the new and the old.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Koradrel of Chrace said:

But at the same time, that was one of the things that killed WHFB.  They had pretty much fleshed the setting out as much as they could from a wargames perspective.  They wound up just re-releasing new sculpts for models nost of the time.  The little bit of new stuff they did come out with felt very forced in the setting.  It's the one big thing I like about AOS.  They have really thrown the gates open to embrace any weird idea they want to come up with.  That's also why I'm excited about the Lumineth.  They look to be a fantastic blending of the new and the old.

this is why I quickly got over the End Times being written poorly, once I actually gave AOS a chance. SO much more to be done. The Old World looks like it will be an earlier imperial year than what Total Warhammer and 8th ed are, but it still leave little room for anything new.

• Like 1

I will say I miss the chance to tell more grounded stories that the Old World afforded.  AOS is awesome in a Greek gods kind of way, but where the setting is weakest right now is life fleshed out from the non-Godly perspective.  My namesake character Koradrel had a complete backstory and saga of accomplishments, because the old setting gave you a deeper pool to swim in.  I've struggled to do the same in AOS, though to be fair, it could be that up till now I haven't had a faction that I liked as much as I liked the High Elves.

• Like 2

Just plop in some little places similar to the old world. I have a free city who have sculpted themselves around the legends of Karl Franz and his Empire. And is branched out within the realm of life to make villages and trading cities and stuff. And then there’s history with the bone reapers making a bone tithe trade agreement with the emperor before my current one who is now rebelling against them. And then how he acts as an emperor and how the peeps see him, all that stuff. You can totally do it in Sigmar imo, even Stormcast can be stationed in free cities and can start taking on more personalised personalities and grounding themselves within the city, etc. Though I guess you sort of have to invent it all yourself, rather than the current books giving you much of it. Kharadron and Idoneth do it a little better than some of the other stuff though. 

Edited by Tiberius501
  • Like 5

I think that's my problem.  My current army is Idoneth, but they're such a weird grey faction that I had a hard time figuring out where to go with my own army's story.  I settled on them basically being sould mercenaries, where they will fight your battles for you no matter who you are, as long as you let them reap the defeated army.  It took me a little while to get there though, as opposed to how much easier it was for my Chracian army to develope.  I have a feeling my Lumineth army is going to feel a little more natural as well.