Aos 2 - Lumineth Realm-Lords Discussion

HollowHills

20 minutes ago, Aelfric said:

Why not?  If you pick Aelf, then you can pick  the "Lumineth Realm-Lord" keyword.  When you choose a Great Nation, all Lumineth Realm-Lord units gain that keyword.  So, as far as I can see, your Apotheosis hero can be in a Great Nation.

Lol, yup, you are right. My mistake. Makes it even better. : ) 

Correct, they can belong to the Great Nations. What they cannot do is be given our vanilla command traits or artefacts, since those are only for Scinari and Alarith heroes, and you cannot give those keywords to the custom hero. But as said, they can belong to a Great Nation and be given that Nation's trait and/or artefact.

43 minutes ago, ArchaicArc said:

So our rule to pick two units, are we allowed to pick the first unit of a phase and then again, or just second fighting unit and third?

What do you mean? Each time it is your turn to pick one of your units to fight, you can pick another unit to fight as well. So in your opponent's turn your opponent will first pick one of their units to fight, then you will pick two of yours, then opponent picks one of theirs, then you two of yours etc.
If it's your turn you start by picking two of your units to fight, then opponent pick one of theirs, then you pick two of yours etc.

Edited by Falkman

4 hours ago, Falkman said:

What do you mean? Each time it is your turn to pick one of your units to fight, you can pick another unit to fight as well. So in your opponent's turn your opponent will first pick one of their units to fight, then you will pick two of yours, then opponent picks one of theirs, then you two of yours etc.
If it's your turn you start by picking two of your units to fight, then opponent pick one of theirs, then you pick two of yours etc.

It’s just that in the battle tome there is a designers note stating that it can be used only during the fight phase and not at the beginning of the fight phase.

15 minutes ago, ArchaicArc said:

It’s just that in the battle tome there is a designers note stating that it can be used only during the fight phase and not at the beginning of the fight phase.

Ah yes, I understand. "At the beginning of the fight phase" and "at the end of the fight phase" are two specific, separate timings when certain models fight (those with rules saying so). If the Lumineth player has any models with such rules, you cannot use the Lightning reactions rule when these models fight. Similarly, if your enemy has any models that fight at the beginning of the phase then those also fight before your regular dudes like normal.

After any "fight at the beginning of the phase" units have been resolved you then go on to resolve all regular combats, and this is when you as a Lumineth player can pick two units to fight at a time.

Edited by Falkman

4 hours ago, Falkman said:

Ah yes, I understand. "At the beginning of the fight phase" and "at the end of the fight phase" are two specific, separate timings when certain models fight (those with rules saying so). If the Lumineth player has any models with such rules, you cannot use the Lightning reactions rule when these models fight. Similarly, if your enemy has any models that fight at the beginning of the phase then those also fight before your regular dudes like normal.

After any "fight at the beginning of the phase" units have been resolved you then go on to resolve all regular combats, and this is when you as a Lumineth player can pick two units to fight at a time.

Ahhhh... thanks!

One question to the people here who make conversions, as I never have done that. I made a Zaitrec Mystic (Wizard, because this army clearly doesn’t have enough of those lol) using the new rules. 

A Stonemage would be a pretty fitting model to start with, as the pose is great for a mystic and the model already has moon symbols on it. I’d paint the horns so that they would look more like a half-moon. The only problem would be the mountain symbols on the top of his staff, his breast plate and the stone. I guess cutting off the top of the staff and exchanging it with something else should be pretty straightforward, but is it possible to do something to the other two symbols? Scratch them off, and put something on top of it? Or would that always look bad? Especially if you have no experience doing these things .... .

Any recommendations? 

We had a discussion last night about a broken Teclis build:

General Order

Teclis

Anointed on frost phoenix (general, inspiring, some sort of healing artifact to buff Teclis)

3 Darkshard BL

16 Aether wings

Cast cogs, all your units are affected, roll for the Teclis aura, half chance to deal d3 mortal wounds per unit, so average 10d3 mortal wounds per round

It was too funny not to share

Edited by zilberfrid

1 hour ago, Gobboz said:

For those who have painted Eltharion. Is it easy to paint fully assembled or do you recommend sub-assembly for painting?

If (or when) I paint him again I’ll want to paint the cloak separate, there are a number of annoying spots to get done with the cloak attached.

Well it seems I fell for the elves even though they do not have any no name melee characters available.

I really like the range and I like magic so it seems like a good fit.

Been experimenting some on schemes and finally settled on this, mind you spear is not done and sword on back is not done either. But otherwise I’m pretty happy.

I might have to go over highlights on the red again, but I guess I will settle on an apropriate level as I paint more of them. I have to avoid making the red to orangy^^

Also sorry for the crappy light ^^

0CEF44C3-ABBB-4FA1-86DF-3BEC9C75D118.jpeg

B7DB3630-80E1-4AAC-8D08-44F7CB2A4071.jpeg

02D94AD6-3C34-4BA6-8009-0DBACE1CDDCF.jpeg

D42351D2-27F4-4DA8-B3F1-F59EF54309CE.jpeg

• Like 7
  • LOVE IT! 1

12 hours ago, Gobboz said:

For those who have painted Eltharion. Is it easy to paint fully assembled or do you recommend sub-assembly for painting?

I painted the inside of the armour on the main front and back sections and glued those together. Then the top of the skirt and underside of the cape before gluing that on. Came together pretty quick after that.

28 minutes ago, Troll.exe said:

I painted the inside of the armour on the main front and back sections and glued those together. Then the top of the skirt and underside of the cape before gluing that on. Came together pretty quick after that.

Nice. Did you paint the inside of the armor the same color as the outside @Troll.exe?

On 7/11/2020 at 11:41 AM, Incineroar87 said:

I know Syar and Zaitrec are attracting all competitive attention at current, do you think Ymetica and the Alarith support will also be viable on the table despite Stoneguard being few in number ? Stoneguard + Stoneheart King + Stone Mages backed by a few Wardens or Sentinels could be quite solid.  Our Shooting seems to be the best way to complete the durable but slow movement of the Alarith.

I think it will be the competitive T1 list.

More I think about them more I see only 2 options:

1) Battalion (with Avelanor) + Teclis

2) 2x Battalion 20x2 x2 Hammerers

Both with 2 drops and heavy infantry + great command abilities.

The rest is more or less "fried air"/good sculpt. 

About beeing slow, yes, you are slow. But you can use the speed and start first. Send all to the objectives and camp there moving others by 4" if you need space. You have -1 hit (avelanor), reroll save, after save with teclis, ignore rend -2. You die turn 3? ok, fine. I got the scores. If they come to fight you you have command to increase AA and a good amount of mortals. If you don't kill you score again by moving them. Easy peasy. If you don't score turn one? No problem, I charge second turn and I start push you away. I will score. 

You have a terrible amount of wounds (2 battalions or teclis with after save is crazy. If you calculated effectively, you have  more or less 150 wounds with ignore rend -2).

Edited by Raffonerd

58 minutes ago, Raffonerd said:

I think it will be the competitive T1 list.

More I think about them more I see only 2 options:

1) Battalion (with Avelanor) + Teclis

2) 2x Battalion 20x2 x2 Hammerers

Both with 2 drops and heavy infantry + great command abilities.

I’ve been brewing something similar.

- Teclis
- Alarith battalion with Avalenor and 10,5,5 Stoneguard. 
- 2x5 Dawnriders
- 70 points left over for endless spells

The idea is that the Alarith battalion is your castle and the dawnriders are there to help claim far objectives.

Thoughts?

• LOVE IT! 1

9 minutes ago, Gobboz said:

- Teclis
- 2x5 Dawnriders

The idea is that the Alarith battalion is your castle and the dawnriders are there to help claim far objectives.

Thoughts?

Yes, seems good. The problem can be the first turn fire or teclis or beeing second to sit on objectives.

hi guys, what are peoples opinion on Teclis at this point? tbh feels more and more a bit like a trap to me... I mean he is kinda similar in defense to Alarielle, with worse save and no heal but potential to get his ward save (although he doesn't need to get into combat as much i suppose) and I'm sure he will die easy in many games. But maybe more importantly, is his output (assuming he lives) even enough? isn't 50 more wardens just flat out way stronger?

I haven't played with the team yet so would be interesting to hear from ppl who has, or just good ol theory hammer as well :)

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Gobboz said:

- Teclis
- 2x5 Dawnriders

Thoughts?

I think main challenge would be number of bodies on the board (in addition to speed as was highlighted). Teclis + Avalenor might be a bit too hefty of a points investment imo. I think I would lean towards skipping Teclis in the Stoneguard build (also with his +to cast aura he seems more synergistic with Vanari).

that would instead give you some room for eg archers. If you drop Teclis you would naturally also drop the endless spell(s) freeing up even more space. or perhaps include the twin crystal to power up your vanari if you want some more spell reliance.

2 hours ago, woolf said:

I think main challenge would be number of bodies on the board (in addition to speed as was highlighted). Teclis + Avalenor might be a bit too hefty of a points investment imo. I think I would lean towards skipping Teclis in the Stoneguard build (also with his +to cast aura he seems more synergistic with Vanari).

that would instead give you some room for eg archers. If you drop Teclis you would naturally also drop the endless spell(s) freeing up even more space. or perhaps include the twin crystal to power up your vanari if you want some more spell reliance.

Speed doesn’t seem to be that much of a problem for his build. Two Dawnriders, plus Teclis plus one more unit with speed of light (potentially) is about as much speed as you can get with this the Lumineth, if you don’t go for a Dawnrider-heavy build. Teclis also helps with the one weakness the Alarith have besides speed - Mortal Wounds. Especially, as you likely won’t be that great with an Alarith build in the magic phase if you don’t take Teclis. So you won’t be able to prevent a lot of the incoming MW. With such a low body count, they don’t need that many to be able to cripple you. 

Avalenor on the other can help keeping Teclis alive, and is another shiny have-to-kill object on the table for the opponent. 

Bodies on the board is likely a problem though, that’s true. But, I think without some actual matches, it’s difficult to say. There are a lot of objectives in most of the new battle plans, and while Stoneguard are difficult to kill, many opponents don’t need to kill many to outnumber them on any given objective. And we still don’t know how much the push back ability will really help, if at all.