Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
HollowHills

Aos 2 - Lumineth Realm-Lords Discussion

Recommended Posts

I have been perusing the book this morning and noticed some interesting wording for the Phoenix Stone Cathallar artefact.  It refers to wounds allocated " to it or its unit are negated".  I am wondering if this is an indicater that we may see the reintroduction of heroes being attached to units, possibly in the next GHB. 

Thoughts?

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

@Gecktron very nice! Great job. You could use the original Ymetrica style for the Aalrith. 

But reading through the lore section, arrrgghhh what a tease, charioteers, artillery specialists, light warriors who are more thought than flesh and blood, a mage caste, river and wind warriors, Tyrion of course, and on it goes. Gimme all of that, now! Lol. 

Tyrion’s origin story in Hysh is pretty awesome. I love how AoS has this mystical part. We likely never see a model of that being he met, but really cool stuff. 

@Aelfric good find, it’s possible, many small heroes suffer at the moment, and they already gave Kroak something like that, might be getting more common for models under a certain wounds threshold for example. 

Edited by LuminethMage
  • Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Read through the rules a little, really liking Zaitrec in rules and in lore. 

The part where they prefer to get the information "straight from the source, rather than the mouthpiece" and how it irks Teclis to Tyrion's glee is hilarious. Makes them seem far more like characters we know rather than super serious powerful gods, and that's really nice for the Mortal Realms.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Basically continuing their banter from Warhammer Fantasy. Some things never change. Really nice that they did that. They carried over a lot. Citizen Militia etc. 

All the details about the other stuff though ... like how the Wind Spirit looks like, zenith aelimentari likely being the angel aelves many were waiting for etc. Man man man all the stuff that could have been. Hopefully we at least see some of these in the future. Even a normal lord/lady and Scinari mage or the new loremaster (loreseeker) would be awesome. Might give you at least some great ideas for conversions. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got my box and have finally finished building the models. They’re a bit of a fiddle, lots of little bits per model, some slightly oddly cut up. But man do they look sexy! The hugely long pikes look boss!

I’m going to go a slight variation on the Iliatha scheme. On the models they’ve done, they do them orange and the armour as white with no trims, which I’m not a huge fan of, so I’ll be painting them much closer to the art piece for them, with more of a yellow as the main colour, more of a blue-grey for the armour and pale copper trims. 

  • LOVE IT! 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Gecktron said:

Happy Release Day everyone!
I gave the second Ymetrica color scheme a try:

746917236_Warden1.jpeg.cc09c9d19fd1e27b363460717d5a8252.jpeg

Im pretty happy with how it turned out! I think I will paint my whole army in this scheme (but now, im thinking about how im going to paint the Alariths?)

 I don’t know why, but not picking out the trim, and letting the chain mail be the same colour as the plate, really beefs up the model, makes them look more armored. I’m digging it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My theory on the Zenith angel elves is that they're gonna look a lot like Eltharion, but the model design is such a complicated feat of engineering that they'll be one of the later temples that comes out as model design and fabrication continues to improve and it takes time to pull off such complicated models.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Book is great but it's clear there is an uber awesome truly amazing Tyrion side of things waiting in the wings. Let's think we've had  no transference of dragon riders, dragon knights,  Phoenix guard. Scycutters? When Tyrion's side does eventually release and GW would be mad not too I dont think the look of the teclis side will be as favourable. Because I'm already salivating over the possibilities that tyrion could bring.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tiberius501 said:

I got my box and have finally finished building the models. They’re a bit of a fiddle, lots of little bits per model, some slightly oddly cut up. But man do they look sexy! The hugely long pikes look boss!

I’m going to go a slight variation on the Iliatha scheme. On the models they’ve done, they do them orange and the armour as white with no trims, which I’m not a huge fan of, so I’ll be painting them much closer to the art piece for them, with more of a yellow as the main colour, more of a blue-grey for the armour and pale copper trims. 

Can they be used in square base for WFB ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Maturin said:

Can they be used in square base for WFB ?

Hmm, potentially, but I feel like their poses are a little too wide to fit within 25mm squares. Unfortunately I don’t have any square bases to test it out on for you, but most of their feet sit fairly close to the edges of their 32mm bases.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Tiberius501 said:

Hmm, potentially, but I feel like their poses are a little too wide to fit within 25mm squares. Unfortunately I don’t have any square bases to test it out on for you, but most of their feet sit fairly close to the edges of their 32mm bases.

Ok cheers. They would make great replacement for the outdated HE lancers!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Gecktron said:

Happy Release Day everyone!
I gave the second Ymetrica color scheme a try:

746917236_Warden1.jpeg.cc09c9d19fd1e27b363460717d5a8252.jpeg

Im pretty happy with how it turned out! I think I will paint my whole army in this scheme (but now, im thinking about how im going to paint the Alariths?)

Awesome Paint job! did you paint it in sub asemblies? or glue it all together and paint at once?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Acid_Nine said:

Awesome Paint job! did you paint it in sub asemblies? or glue it all together and paint at once?

Cant speak for the painter, but I imagine with these guys, you could get away with just leaving the shields separate, maybe the swords on the backs (not really necessary) and perhaps the heads if you really want to go all out on the faces.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, ArchaicArc said:

Cant speak for the painter, but I imagine with these guys, you could get away with just leaving the shields separate, maybe the swords on the backs (not really necessary) and perhaps the heads if you really want to go all out on the faces.

yea, I can see that! I need to prime white / grey for contrast and use the paint on gloss primer for my colorshift ideas, which shouldn't be too hard, just time consuming. I am so excited to paint these guys though, and I need to get my hands on these ****** to start trying it out! Will post results here as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I still can’t decide between a unit of 10 of 2 units of 5 horsies! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How do you find the stoneguards?  After a few test games I find the rerolling save is pretty nice but piling in 1'' and  1'' weapons on 32mm bases are huge disadvantage making them kind of tricky in combat. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Acid_Nine said:

yea, I can see that! I need to prime white / grey for contrast and use the paint on gloss primer for my colorshift ideas, which shouldn't be too hard, just time consuming. I am so excited to paint these guys though, and I need to get my hands on these ****** to start trying it out! Will post results here as well.

You might not need a zénithal highlight on these guys, especially if you are using the turbo shift stuff. I’m pretty sure you want to just paint it on straight to a glossy black primer. It’s not really something you can shade/highlight anyway. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Acid_Nine said:

Awesome Paint job! did you paint it in sub asemblies? or glue it all together and paint at once?

I glued everything in place before painting. I prefer seeing it all come together while painting

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, frostfire said:

How do you find the stoneguards?  After a few test games I find the rerolling save is pretty nice but piling in 1'' and  1'' weapons on 32mm bases are huge disadvantage making them kind of tricky in combat. 

They are ok but still fragile I feel like this army is actually hyper fragile. Like I'm imagining squid hoppers running over them. Or just anything that does mortals.  I mean they are clearly not a big blob army they are all one or two wound. I'm worried. It's a good translation of the classic toughness 3 elves but in the hyper killy world of aos2. I think they might really suffer.

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Icegoat said:

They are ok but still fragile I feel like this army is actually hyper fragile. Like I'm imagining squid hoppers running over them. Or just anything that does mortals.  I mean they are clearly not a big blob army they are all one or two wound. I'm worried. It's a good translation of the classic toughness 3 elves but in the hyper killy world of aos2. I think they might really suffer.

I think this feeling of fragile troops can partly explained by the use of Teclis. Your troops are not that expensive and have average/good  saves (4+) with easy access to very good saves  (3+ save, -1/2 to hit and 5++ teclis save).  But by using Teclis u got 660 points less troops. This leads to a smaller army. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Icegoat said:

Book is great but it's clear there is an uber awesome truly amazing Tyrion side of things waiting in the wings. Let's think we've had  no transference of dragon riders, dragon knights,  Phoenix guard. Scycutters? When Tyrion's side does eventually release and GW would be mad not too I dont think the look of the teclis side will be as favourable. Because I'm already salivating over the possibilities that tyrion could bring.

I wouldn’t be so sure about that. They have at least another release on the Teclian side (they described the Wind Temple pretty much in detail), and then you have the Zenith (real light elves, or angelic beings), River and war machines if you want. If they want to do that. 

None of the other factions have a second god so far. If we get Kurnoth and Malerion, I think it becomes more likely, but until then I would treat this more as an “if” not “when”. 

On the other hand you have kind of Tyrionic elves in this book - all the Vanari. They are from Teclian nations, but would look pretty much the same for Tyrion’s nations. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LuminethMage said:

I wouldn’t be so sure about that. They have at least another release on the Teclian side (they described the Wind Temple pretty much in detail), and then you have the Zenith (real light elves, or angelic beings), River and war machines if you want. If they want to do that. 

None of the other factions have a second god so far. If we get Kurnoth and Malerion, I think it becomes more likely, but until then I would treat this more as an “if” not “when”. 

On the other hand you have kind of Tyrionic elves in this book - all the Vanari. They are from Teclian nations, but would look pretty much the same for Tyrion’s nations. 

I may be wrong about it but i feel like there is a confusion between nations and temples. The book has Teclis 4 nations but only 1 of the Lumineth Temples: TheMontain, Alarith.

 

The book say the Vanari are the backbone of all the Lumineth armies so any other temple would be made of 3 Kits if we follow the Alarith example (Hamers, Cows, Stone mage).

So what we miss is:

- 4 Nations (sub alligenaces)

- 3 Elements (Wind, River and Zenith)

- Tyrion himself.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Thiagoma you are correct. What’s the confusion? All the Temples are Teclian-aligned. From Tyrion you’d get something like lords & ladies, heavy knights, charioteers etc. All of which are good, but I doubt they’ll pick those over more temples if we get an expansion of the range. They basically described the Wind Tempel as if they already have the models, which would all fit in well with the Lumineth range so far: Ranged spirit, monster cavalry and another mage. At the moment this seems to be the most obvious next thing for the Lumineth. 

I’d be super happy to see more generic heroes for the Lumineth (lord/lady on foot or a mount), the loreseeker they mentioned, and a generic Scenari, but I have the feeling they would go with a temple for an expansion. Its perfectly set-up: A spirit, a unit and a hero as you say yourself. 

Of course, they could throw in Tyrion with one of those temples, but right now I would not bet on that. Also not on a book that includes Tyrion, his 4 nations (subfactions) and all kind of extra stuff. If they do that for the Kurnothi or Malerion, then of course there will be a chance they’ll do that for the Lumineth too. But before I see that, I’d not hope on that happening. 

There are so many faction they can still create or expand, from the information we have right now, I just think if we get something new, another Tempel (which is Teclis aligned) is the most likely. If they really release Tyrion in the future,  I think it will be something really big, which at the moment I just can’t see coming for the Lumineth. But, I’d be really happy if they’d do it! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's been discussed earlier, but can Vanari units cast spells from the Lore of Hysh?? Thanks all. 

I built Eltharion and he is magnificent!! Love the model.

  • LOVE IT! 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...