Aos 2 - Lumineth Realm-Lords Discussion

HollowHills

7 minutes ago, Nighthaunt Noob said:

Very nice! I knew it was a +1 to cast and dispel but missed the extra spell! I like that one.

Yeah, +1 to cast, dispel, unbind the first each wizard does each phase (so basically to all)

get 2 speills

Plus Zitrec wizards know a special spell which halfs an enermy unit movement (Still waiting on english wording and not translations)

Teclis English scrolls on my twitter btw, @chumphammer

Edited by Chumphammer

50 minutes ago, Nighthaunt Noob said:

Very nice! I knew it was a +1 to cast and dispel but missed the extra spell! I like that one.

Yeah, it's my favorite faction, probably not the most competitive when you take Teclis (likely overkill in the magic phase, and 2 Aetherquartz is likely the way to go), but it gives you a lot of versatility and really makes the magic phase yours against most opponents (the general has a trait which let's him do an additional unbind and provides a bonus to unbinding). 

@Chumphammer Yeah, the German wording is a bit weird. It's unclear to me if the damage is rolled after you rolled to cast for the spell, or in your next hero phase. I hope the first option is correct, otherwise it's a bit tedious to keep track of. 

Edited by LuminethMage

1 hour ago, Saturmorn Carvilli said:

For my Lumineth army, I want to go something when I say that looks like it could be from Atlantis

....My friend, have you ever heard of the deepkin? Or do you wanna do these guys first and make some Deepkin later as a “before and after” kinda theme? Jokes aside it sounds like a really good color scheme!

18 minutes ago, LuminethMage said:

Yeah, it's my favorite faction, probably not the most competitive when you take Teclis (likely overkill in the magic phase, and 2 Aetherquartz is likely the way to go), but it gives you a lot of versatility and really makes the magic phase yours against most opponents (the general has a trait which let's him do an additional unbind and provides a bonus to unbinding). 

@Chumphammer Yeah, the German wording is a bit weird. It's unclear to me if the damage is rolled after you rolled to cast for the spell, or in your next hero phase. I hope the first option is correct, otherwise it's a bit tedious to keep track of. 

What I didn’t know is that it’s +1 to cast for each wizard! I thought it was only for 1 squad in the army, and the rest cast as usual! That changes how I look at them completely... heck, I may take them for my main army. I wanted to use the mages anyways, and I just hope I have enough battle shock nullifies and command points to cover me otherwise so I don’t miss that +2 to bravery.

Edited by Acid_Nine
  • Like 2

After reading the english rules of Teclis on twitter, it seems he cant manual cast any spells as it states he has to choose to autocast 1, 2 or up to 4 spells as per his archmage rule and his two or four casting abilities can't have their spell values modified as there's no roll. This means he doesn't benefit from the aura of cellenar, aetherquartz for increasing the number of spells he can cast or any + 1 spell modifiers from aetherquartz, the endless spell or zaitek rules unless there's a FAQ.  

He does benefit from the + 1 to unbinding and  dispelling attempts, can auto unbind and dispel and gets infinite unbinds.  Not sure if he's an auto take now but def solid enough. 

2 minutes ago, Incineroar87 said:

After reading the english rules of Teclis on twitter, it seems he cant manual cast any spells as it states he has to choose to autocast 1, 2 or up to 4 spells as per his archmage rule and his two or four casting abilities can't have their spell values modified as there's no roll. This means he doesn't benefit from the aura of cellenar, aetherquartz for increasing the number of spells he can cast or any + 1 spell modifiers from aetherquartz, the endless spell or zaitek rules unless there's a FAQ.  

He does benefit from the + 1 to unbinding and  dispelling attempts, can auto unbind and dispel and gets infinite unbinds.  Not sure if he's an auto take now but def solid enough. 

Yup, that was also how it was described in the German version. If he would benefit from modifiers on his spells, that would make the whole "Archmage" rule meaningless, because then you would always decide to auto-cast 4 spells. There wouldn't be any trade-off at all for doing it. As the rule is written, at  least some armies will have a decent chance to dispel some of his spells if you decide to cast 4, and others can do it with a really good roll. I doubt there will be any kind of FAQ allowing Teclis to use modifiers on his 4 auto-casts. 

2 minutes ago, LuminethMage said:

Yup, that was also how it was described in the German version. If he would benefit from modifiers on his spells, that would make the whole "Archmage" rule meaningless, because then you would always decide to auto-cast 4 spells. There wouldn't be any trade-off at all for doing it. As the rule is written, at  least some armies will have a decent chance to dispel some of his spells if you decide to cast 4, and others can do it with a really good roll. I doubt there will be any kind of FAQ allowing Teclis to use modifiers on his 4 auto-casts. 

He seems almost useless to take under Zaitek in that case.  Getting the one lore spell is his only real gain.

11 minutes ago, Incineroar87 said:

He seems almost useless to take under Zaitek in that case.  Getting the one lore spell is his only real gain.

He provides a +2 on the save rolls against any wounds and MW (so 4+ instead of 6+) for the General with the Zaitrec artifact which in combination with his save spell and Celennar's Aura, which makes it risky to attack that General with spells, should increase their survivability quite a bit - which is great, as said General will be a Scinari Cathallar or Stonemage. And the combination of Teclis with the Zaitrac General's trait - that'll be pretty rough on opponents' casters. Good luck trying to cast anything against that combo if you are not also heavily invested in magic. Teclis auto-unbinds one.  On his next unbind roll Teclis has a +2  . The General has a +2 on his first unbind roll, and then General rolls on a +1 which he can re-roll. Before Teclis goes to a mere +1 for unlimited unbinds. The both would be good without the combination of course, but this gives you an extra oomph to your unbinds/dispels. 

It might not the be best combination, but I wouldn't call that almost useless. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, LuminethMage said:

That's the Zaitrec trait : )

I just wanted to shed some light onto the Zaitrec Rules, because I think you misunderstood it or the translation you read was somehow flawed.  However I don't know if you may have had some other rules insight  -> My only resource is the single one blurry Page where the abilities of the Great Nation of Zaitrec are listed.
As a german native Speaker it is very clear that only "Zaitrec-Wizard-Heroes" know a second spell from their respective lore. This sentence alone likely does not tell the whole picture because there seems to be one peculiarity:
Zaitrec seems to not have a specific command ability for their Nation, which is weird. However they have at least one Spell from the "Lore of Zaitrec" listed on the Sngle Page (The Spell being: Overwhelming Heat). 

I'll try myself in a translation:
Abilities:
Luminous Msytics
.....[flavour text].....
In each Herophase add 1 to the first diceroll for Casting or Dispell attempts [there are 2 words in German for dispelling of Endless spells and/or shutting down normal enemy spells, it apllies to all three] you make for friendly Zaitrec-Wizards. (So yes Vanari are included) 
Additionaly each Zaitrec-Wizard-Hero knows 1 additional Spell from their respective Spell Lore (Page 68-69).

"Zaitrec-Zauberer-Held" translates whitout a doubt to Zaitrec-Wizard-Hero" ;(

So if I am not completely mistaken, then Vanari Units in Zaitrec shouldn't be able to take 2 Spells I am afraid. 
Atleast I hope that Zaitrec's Spell Lore is composed of more than 1 single Spell ... :(

I can try to translate a few more passages this evening. 

Edited by Aloth_Corfiser
  • Like 2

@Siegfried VII the stormcast got this fancy winged mountain goat thing lately. A Tauralon? That looks kinda good if you cut off the stormcast symbols off of its armor. But its not as heavily armored as those dracoth and stuff its really just a bit. Got that stone thing going for it because it literally looks like a winged mountain goat. Dunno about base sizes for the Cowmountains but doesnt look too small. Though admittedly Tauralons cost 90 Euro so eh. Dunno how high your budget for conversions go.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Aloth_Corfiser said:

I just wanted to shed some light onto the Zaitrec Rules, because I think you misunderstood it or the translation you read was somehow flawed.  However I don't know if you may have had some other rules insight  -> My only resource is the single one blurry Page where the abilities of the Great Nation of Zaitrec are listed.
As a german native Speaker it is very clear that only "Zaitrec-Wizard-Heroes" know a second spell from their respective lore. This sentence alone likely does not tell the whole picture because there seems to be one peculiarity:
Zaitrec seems to not have a specific command ability for their Nation, which is weird. However they have at least one Spell from the "Lore of Zaitrec" listed on the Sngle Page (The Spell being: Overwhelming Heat). 

I'll try myself in a translation:
Abilities:
Luminous Msytics
.....[flavour text].....
In each Herophase add 1 to the first diceroll for Casting or Dispell attempts [there are 2 words in German for dispelling of Endless spells and/or shutting down normal enemy spells, it apllies to all three] you make for friendly Zaitrec-Wizards. (So yes Vanari are included) 
Additionaly each Zaitrec-Wizard-Hero knows 1 additional Spell from their respective Spell Lore (Page 68-69).

"Zaitrec-Zauberer-Held" translates whitout a doubt to Zaitrec-Wizard-Hero" ;(

So if I am not completely mistaken, then Vanari Units in Zaitrec shouldn't be able to take 2 Spells I am afraid. 
Atleast I hope that Zaitrec's Spell Lore is composed of more than 1 single Spell ... :(

I can try to translate a few more passages this evening. 

Yes you are correct, I was an idiot when I confirmed that this morning - before coffee kicked in. I’ll amend it and let Night know. 

Sorry if this was addressed but ;  I’m assuming there are more models coming down the pike for the faction. Will there be another codex released at that time as well? Seems very odd to me they’d have an incomplete book and make us buy a new one when phase two releases. 

apologies if this doesn’t make sense but I’m on two hours sleep haha

Well that Ziatrec thing is kinda cr@ppy then. I was really looking forward to being able to spread spells around and have redundency, like having both protection and blessings on the two squads and casting them as needed. it would have really cut down on the confusion too when I just tell my opponent "both those squads have heavenly blessings and protection of hysh" instead of "this squad has blessings and that squad has protection". It's a small thing but I would have appreciated it.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Paladin of Khorne said:

Sorry if this was addressed but ;  I’m assuming there are more models coming down the pike for the faction. Will there be another codex released at that time as well? Seems very odd to me they’d have an incomplete book and make us buy a new one when phase two releases. 

Yea, we have an Extremis chamber thing on our hands I think. We have no clue when the next wave will drop, so it could be a while from now. Best case scenario is that the new models fit within the already established classes with Vanari and Aralith, worst case scenario is that there is absolutely no overlap.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Paladin of Khorne said:

Nobody knows at the Moment. It is however pretty logical that GW would see fit to expand the Roster at some time in the future.
I mean,we have for now covered only the Teclian Nations: Syar, Iliatha, Ymetrica and Zaitrec.
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/04/08/lumineth-realm-lords-exploring-hyshgw-homepage-post-1/
In this Article it is pretty intersting to see how GW has mapped out Hysh. What just caught my eye was this: Hysh is known for having 10 Paradises, as denoted in the Article for example - however: 8 Nations and Xintil only make up 9 - is the outer Haixia Region really considered a "Paradise" - I mean "Realm Lords" also isn't exactly fitting and an Elven Euphemism but.. yeah :D
When this Article came out I also hoped for a Xintil Subfaction in our Battletome - I am exited to find out more about it!

Also: You probably all know the Hysh Realm Spell: "Phas protection" - I am so curious if it will be explained in our Battletome who or what exactly "Pha" is.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Paladin of Khorne said:

Lumineth are no more special than any other factions in this regard. We will probably get a new battletome somewhere in the future just like everyone else, and when that happens we will likely see more releases. But the faction is not released "incomplete", the things that are in the current battletome are the models planned for this release, there is nothing extra coming in the near future if that is what you expect.

• Thanks 1

I hope we see more of them in the future. It would be a shame if we never get a Tyrion part of it. But yeah, likely this will be at least a year or two later. 

According to the writers on Soulbound (who had the Lumineth Battletome), the Xintil humans nations aren’t in a good shape. Most of them fell or joined Chaos - think Cypher Lords - or try to adhere to the Teclian philosophy which is pretty brutal on humans, because of their much shorter lifespans. I hope though that we can find out more about them in the Battletome, but there might be not that much. I guess Ymetrica will be the The Great Parch of Hysh and most of what we’ll see is focused on Ymetrica. 

Pha’s Protection is an old Hysh Spell from Warhammer Fantasy. Hysh was loosely connected to Egypt (and Greece) in Warhammer Fantasy. They might have come up with a new story for Pha, but probably there won’t be much about it on the book. 

8 hours ago, Raffonerd said:

Guys, they way to play is to spam Alarith without teclis. The rest is nothing or casual gaming :) .

PS: I love the knight models

So like:

Stonemage 140
3 x 5 Stoneguard 300
Avalenor, the stoneheart King: 360
Alarith Temple: 120
Alarith Spirit of the Mountain: 340
1960pts 4 drops

Shame about the Zitrec only getting the 1 spell, but Still ok 

• Like 1