Aos 2 - Lumineth Realm-Lords Discussion

HollowHills

2 hours ago, Falkman said:

Yeah, several of the translated summaries are pretty iffy. Here's the actual sentence in the book run through google translate. Also note that even without translating you can see the keywords used, the weapon adds 1 "schaden" which you can compare to the warscrolls to see that schaden = weapon damage, not attacks.

Tysk översättning.JPG

If i read this correctly (i'm german) it adds one damage to only one of the bearers attacks. That would be the worst artifact ever ^^

Considering the SCE profile, both Lord Arcanum and Knight Incantor get 3+/3+/-1/d3 attacks, 3 or 4 respectively, and they usually just bounce off of every target. Might just be my luck, but a Chaos Lord out performs both regularly while being cheaper. They are still useful as casters and their support rules, but as melee dudes they don't pull their weight.

8 minutes ago, Lucur said:

If i read this correctly (i'm german) it adds one damage to only one of the bearers attacks. That would be the worst artifact ever ^^

Considering the SCE profile, both Lord Arcanum and Knight Incantor get 3+/3+/-1/d3 attacks, 3 or 4 respectively, and they usually just bounce off of every target. Might just be my luck, but a Chaos Lord out performs both regularly while being cheaper. They are still useful as casters and their support rules, but as melee dudes they don't pull their weight.

The artifact also grants a 6+ FNP and a 5+ spell bounce as well so not useless as such but much weaker than I understood initially.

and agreed, as a caster it's better than nothing, which the sciniari has with 1 only attack even if having a stonemage in melee is a bad idea, they would be better behind the stoneguard taking advanatge of the 3" range whilst the guard reap the benefits.

Edited by Yuviel Lightbringer

3 hours ago, Duke of Mousillon said:

this also still stings me a bit that for a non named combat hero youd need to ally in smth from Idoneth Deepkin

Agreed. This made me almost not buy the army... I always like to have powerful non-special martial close combat general preferably mounted on a noble beast.  I really hate that this army has no such thing.. I am thinking of making some weird conversion with the spare parts of the second Eltharion I'll get of an elf riding some kind of beast and use it in the game as a spirit of the mountain.. Problem is I'm having trouble finding a suitable model for the beast.. 

29 minutes ago, Yuviel Lightbringer said:

The artifact also grants a 6+ FNP and a 5+ spell bounce as well so not useless as such but much weaker than I understood initially.

and agreed, as a caster it's better than nothing, which the sciniari has with 1 only attack even if having a stonemage in melee is a bad idea, they would be better behind the stoneguard taking advanatge of the 3" range whilst the guard reap the benefits.

6+ FNP and 5+ spell bounce already isn't a bad artifact, compared to, for instance, the Masterwrought Armour from Kharadron or Godwrought Helm (Ghyran) Wristbands (Ulgu) or Sepulchral Plate (Shyish)

Edited by zilberfrid

17 minutes ago, Siegfried VII said:

Agreed. This made me almost not buy the army... I always like to have powerful non-special martial close combat general preferably mounted on a noble beast.  I really hate that this army has no such thing.. I am thinking of making some weird conversion with the spare parts of the second Eltharion I'll get of an elf riding some kind of beast and use it in the game as a spirit of the mountain.. Problem is I'm having trouble finding a suitable model for the beast.. 

Idk I would actually just prefer a horse? A mounted hero riding to battle with the cav. And not even a bigger horse like in OBR. Where that thing has i think even a round base (correct me if im wrong) but certainly larger then normal cav base. Just the same base as the silverhelms and on a horse. That would be the dream but eh. That is not Age of Sigmar I suppose. Old World comes. Just waiting for that basically. 

But for the beast if you want to use that large base of the mountaincows id probably look into the griffons from cities of sigmar

Edited by Duke of Mousillon

8 minutes ago, Duke of Mousillon said:

Idk I would actually just prefer a horse? A mounted hero riding to battle with the cav. And not even a bigger horse like in OBR. Where that thing has i think even a round base (correct me if im wrong) but certainly larger then normal cav base. Just the same base as the silverhelms and on a horse. That would be the dream but eh. That is not Age of Sigmar I suppose. Old World comes. Just waiting for that basically. 

But for the beast if you want to use that large base of the mountaincows id probably look into the griffons from cities of sigmar

A horse would be fine but what rules I could use for it? Eltharion is a special character so he is out of the equation and the next close combat profile is the spirit of the mountain. With such a large base/model though I can't use a horse. I want some beast that would give a spirit of the mountain vibe or earth vibe to it.. That is why I'm having trouble with the choice..

5 hours ago, Falkman said:

I think this is going to be my initial goal list to build towards. I really like the look of the Stoenguard but rules-wise the seem pretty weak compared to the rest of the stuff in the army so they will not make the cut initially. For nation I think Iliatha or Zaitrec are the most interesting (and they don't have any dumb melee traits or artefacts that I have to take for my wizard heroes…)

Eltharion - 220 pts
Alarith Stonemage - 130 pts
Scinari Cathallar - 140 pts
20 Wardens - 240 pts
20 Wardens - 240 pts
10 Sentinels - 140 pts
10 Sentinels - 140 pts
5 Dawnriders - 130 pts
5 Dawnriders - 130 pts
Spirit of the Mountain - 340 pts
Auralan Legion - 120 pts
Hyshian Twinstones - 30 pts
2000 pts total

Is there much value in the stonemage without any stoneguard?

4 minutes ago, Nighthaunt Noob said:

with a mountain spirit tagging along there is some value letting it fight at the top bracket. The stonemage can be useful when using some spells like Unrelenting Calm to avoid battle shock without a Cathallar or Voice of the Mountain to cause table wide -2 battleshock tests. 

Edited by Acid_Nine

6 minutes ago, Nighthaunt Noob said:

To keep in mind. Stonemages are the only non-Teclis option for the second spell lore in this book. Indeed almost everything is a wizard but almost none is allowed to use the second spell lore

Edited by Duke of Mousillon

1 minute ago, Duke of Mousillon said:

To keep in mind. Stonemages are the only non-Teclis option for the second spell lore in this book. Indeed almost everything is a wizard but almost none is allowed to use the second spell lore

The second lore hasn't intrigued me that much compared to the main one to be honest.. Regardless since I want a meele focused option Stonemages seem like an unlikely choice..

I mean reading all this the options for this army actually seem really small. Especially hero wise. Without teclis it seems it's not worth showing up. I think the missing thing is a alarith themed warrior hammer hero Mounted or not. Apart from teclis the army doesnt really have a leader model. I mean the two casters are just not generals. And eltharions a named character whose an invisible ghost. It's actually really odd. The unit variety is about the same as many others but hero wise i cant think of another army like it. 

Edited by Icegoat
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Icegoat said:

I mean reading all this the options for this army actually seem really small. Especially hero wise. Without teclis it seems it's not worth showing up. I think the missing thing is a alarith themed warrior hammer hero Mounted or not. Apart from teclis the army doesnt really have a leader model. I mean the two casters are just not generals. And eltharions a named character whose an invisible ghost. It's actually really odd. The unit variety is about the same as many others but hero wise i cant think of another army like it. 

Just take Gotrek ;)

or Even Both!

Teclis - 660 pts
Gotrek - 520 pts
10 Wardens - 120 pts
10 Wardens - 120 pts
10 Sentinels - 140 pts
10 Sentinels - 140 pts
Auralan Legion - 120 pts
1960 pts total
3 Drops, pretty much no bodies but with Gortek and Teclis it could be amusing 

Edited by Chumphammer
  • Like 2

@Siegfried VIIi wasnt talking to you there? I am sorry i think i quoted the wrong post and then had to delete a quote and requote by editing. i wa stalking to the guy who asked about why there was a stonemage in somebodies list. 

Refering to our situation. As i said the most "order" lookin big mount we have for that base is a griffon from cities of sigmar. If you want something stoneish we only have stonehorns in age of sigmar. Could do maybe some kitbashing but that would have to be some more effort since the face of the stonehorn definetly doesn not look in line with our  lets say "heroic" approach to this

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chumphammer said:

Just take Gotrek ;)

or Even Both!

Teclis - 660 pts
Gotrek - 520 pts
10 Wardens - 120 pts
10 Wardens - 120 pts
10 Sentinels - 140 pts
10 Sentinels - 140 pts
Auralan Legion - 120 pts
Emerald Life Swarm

2000 pts total
3 Drops, pretty much no bodies but with Gortek and Teclis it could be amusing 

“Hey gotrek... remember that time we teamed up and kicked ass against those tzeentch twins to save the world?”

”say no more, boyo, i’m In.”

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Acid_Nine said:

“Hey gotrek... remember that time we teamed up and kicked ass against those tzeentch twins to save the world?”

”say no more, boyo, i’m In.”

Actually you can make a pretty solid just Gortrek list:

Where the hell is Tyrion? list
Zitrec
Gotrek - 520 pts
30 Wardens - 360 pts – Hysh Ward thing, Heavenly Blessing
10 Wardens - 120 pts
- Swiftness of Hysh, Sparkling Light
10 Wardens - 120 pts
– Hysh Ward thing, Heavenly Blessing
10 Sentinels - 140 pts - Swiftness of Hysh, Sparkling Light
10 Sentinels - 140 pts
– Total Darkness,
10 Sentinels - 140 pts - Total Darkness, Sun Eruption
5 Dawnriders – 130 pts - Sun Eruption, Heavenly Blessing
Auralan Legion - 120 pts
Hyshian Twinstones – 30 pts
Soulsnare shackles – 40 pts
2000pts total
, 3 drops

Gotrek and 30 Wardens advance, with Dawnriders flanking (mainly to be a pain, target small heroes or units, cap an easy obj or throw a cheeky shackles on someone)

2 x 10 wardens move slow and support archers.

Archers target heroes/support first.

Have 10 wardens summon the Twinstone, then cast some of your unit buffs in range of it. Then you can have the other 10 Wardens either cast off Either Total Darkness or the big block if within 12 cast the fnp spell on themselves.

One can also cast the half movement spell also from Zitrec

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Duke of Mousillon said:

@Siegfried VIIi wasnt talking to you there? I am sorry i think i quoted the wrong post and then had to delete a quote and requote by editing. i wa stalking to the guy who asked about why there was a stonemage in somebodies list. 

Refering to our situation. As i said the most "order" lookin big mount we have for that base is a griffon from cities of sigmar. If you want something stoneish we only have stonehorns in age of sigmar. Could do maybe some kitbashing but that would have to be some more effort since the face of the stonehorn definetly doesn not look in line with our  lets say "heroic" approach to this

Yes I thought of the stonehorn too as a choice and I agree that it will take some effort to get it to look more stoic/heroic..

Another idea I had is to use the stats of the Akhelian King. Of course competitive wise he is certainly sub par since he won't get any allegiance abilities and he won't be able to get any artifacts but in this instance I may be able to use a horse or another similar mount ro represent him and it will be easier to justify it fluff-wise..

10 minutes ago, Siegfried VII said:

Yes I thought of the stonehorn too as a choice and I agree that it will take some effort to get it to look more stoic/heroic..

Another idea I had is to use the stats of the Akhelian King. Of course competitive wise he is certainly sub par since he won't get any allegiance abilities and he won't be able to get any artifacts but in this instance I may be able to use a horse or another similar mount ro represent him and it will be easier to justify it fluff-wise..

If I had more money than I set aside for this release I would make my character out of The Lord-Arcanum on Tauralon (without the wings obviously, which is a fairly big feat to remove in all honesty but doable) with a 3rd party elf Hero Riding it, or a Kitbashed Dreadlord being the rider on top. It would take some reworking, but I think it's feasible. 

In terms of rules I would just use Avalorn's Rules. He's a hero, he is good even without the stoneguard, and he certainly can pull his weight.

12 minutes ago, Acid_Nine said:

If I had more money than I set aside for this release I would make my character out of The Lord-Arcanum on Tauralon (without the wings obviously, which is a fairly big feat to remove in all honesty but doable) with a 3rd party elf Hero Riding it, or a Kitbashed Dreadlord being the rider on top. It would take some reworking, but I think it's feasible. 

In terms of rules I would just use Avalorn's Rules. He's a hero, he is good even without the stoneguard, and he certainly can pull his weight.

It just doesn't sit well with me to use the profile of a named character for one of my own.. It may be me being weird though.

I did thought of the Tauralon but it is pretty expensive and without the wings it is not big enough I think to use as Spririt of the Mountain -size model. I am also concerned that we don't know which base to use.. Is it the normal monster base or is it the one Treelords have which is a bit smaller..?

For the rider I plan to use one of the spare Light of Eltharions I will have combined with some high elf bits.. 🙂 

10 hours ago, Tiberius501 said:

So... am I the only one counting down the minutes until this box releases in 4(!) entire days? I feel like time has slowed down just to stop Lumineth from being real.

Doing the same, how can it be still Wednesday (which just started "cough"). After all those months it still feels like a few more days are way too long, lol.  

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Chumphammer said:

Actually you can make a pretty solid just Gortrek list:

Where the hell is Tyrion? list
Zitrec
Gotrek - 520 pts
30 Wardens - 360 pts – Hysh Ward thing, Heavenly Blessing
10 Wardens - 120 pts
- Swiftness of Hysh, Sparkling Light
10 Wardens - 120 pts
– Hysh Ward thing, Heavenly Blessing
10 Sentinels - 140 pts - Swiftness of Hysh, Sparkling Light
10 Sentinels - 140 pts
– Total Darkness,
10 Sentinels - 140 pts - Total Darkness, Sun Eruption
5 Dawnriders – 130 pts - Sun Eruption, Heavenly Blessing
Auralan Legion - 120 pts
Hyshian Twinstones – 30 pts
Soulsnare shackles – 40 pts
2000pts total
, 3 drops

Gotrek and 30 Wardens advance, with Dawnriders flanking (mainly to be a pain, target small heroes or units, cap an easy obj or throw a cheeky shackles on someone)

2 x 10 wardens move slow and support archers.

Archers target heroes/support first.

Have 10 wardens summon the Twinstone, then cast some of your unit buffs in range of it. Then you can have the other 10 Wardens either cast off Either Total Darkness or the big block if within 12 cast the fnp spell on themselves.

One can also cast the half movement spell also from Zitrec

Do the units all know 2 spells from the lore or is that a Zaitrec trait? I missed that.

8 hours ago, Nighthaunt Noob said:

Do the units all know 2 spells from the lore or is that a Zaitrec trait? I missed that.

That's the Zaitrec trait : ) Edit: This is a mistake, they only know one. Only Hero-Wizards can choose an additional spell from theIt respective Lore. 

Edited by LuminethMage
  • Like 1

For my Lumineth army, I want to go something when I say that looks like it could be from Atlantis.  So I am thinking bronze trim with silver for the bit of scalemail and metal bits of weapons.  As contrast to my S2D army's black and gold, I think I do want to keep most of it in whites, but go with something like ivory so it isn't as bright.  Finally, I think I want to use blue green with, oddly enough, Vallejo German Uniform (the early war green color).  I haven't quite figured out just how far I want my paint to alter how GW has them painted just yet.  Ultimately I don't plan on painting them (which mean I won't be playing them) for a bit unless some of the art in the Battletome or early painters' armies inspire me.

Edited by Saturmorn Carvilli
  • Like 3