Aos 2 - Lumineth Realm-Lords Discussion

HollowHills

Just now, carnith said:

So Archers just seem so so? What can be used to help them do more?

That close range profile is pretty sweet. I haven't run them through mathhammer yet though. They can shoot without having LoS if they have their unit champion and use the long range profile which is kinda cool. Extra attacks from the Cows, and can reroll hits with spells.

2 minutes ago, carnith said:

So Archers just seem so so? What can be used to help them do more?

Keeping the enemy far away. Sentinels looks like a unit designed to annoy the enemy over the course of the game. 30" no-LoS shooting. Casting the empower spell to cause some extra Mortal Wounds and thats it I think. 

Just now, relic456 said:

That close range profile is pretty sweet. I haven't run them through mathhammer yet though. They can shoot without having LoS if they have their unit champion and use the long range profile which is kinda cool. Extra attacks from the Cows, and can reroll hits with spells.

Cow only affects Stoneguard. 

• Like 1

stoneguard build look so dumb like petrifex is:

11.2 point (with bataillon) 10wound  save at 3 reroll with batallion negate rend -2with good cities 

-1 to hit with the cow

fnp at 5 if you cast your spell

add -1 to hit and + 1 to save if they are on sanctum of amyntuk

they have save at 2 u can reroll negate rend -2 and u have -2 to hit hf to deal with

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, chosen_of_khaine said:

I was hoping to see the page with Vanari / Alarith specific rules, like Shining Company, Enduring as Rock, and Tectonic Force, mostly to see if Enduring as Rock indeed has no downside or any reason not to use it every single turn...

Yeah likewise. Well have to wait for more leaks since it looks like the original poster has taken everything down now.

59 minutes ago, Dankboss said:

By the looks of it, Lumineth have nothing outrageously powerful at first glance, which is a good sign, but still a very strong potential. I was expecting Teclis to be better in combat and tougher.

Have you read the same Teclis warscroll? He's absolutely ridiculous.

4 autospells at cv10, 1 autodispell in addition, 1 autounbind, +1 cast/dispell, unbind, 4+ unaffected by endless spells or enemy spell and deal d3 mw to enemy in what starts at 16", spells+ 5+ ward save in 18", d3 mw for every enemy unit in 18" on 2-4, d6 on 5-6.

Not to mention making the enemy pay more CP, all units dispelling, mortal wound output (5-6 to hit for spears, archers and cav gives mw with the spell) and staying power.

Moving battleshock to enemies is also unfun.

So if you use CP, magic or are affected by mortal wounds, you're not going to have a good time.

Khorne or Fyreslayers seem about the only bets.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, zilberfrid said:

4 autospells at cv10, 1 autodispell in addition, 1 autounbind, +1 cast/dispell, unbind, 4+ unaffected by endless spells or enemy spell and deal d3 mw to enemy in what starts at 16", spells+ 5+ ward save in 18", d3 mw for every enemy unit in 18" on 2-4, d6 on 5-6.

Not to mention making the enemy pay more CP, all units dispelling, mortal wound output (5-6 to hit for spears, archers and cav gives mw with the spell) and staying power.

So if you use CP, magic or are affected by mortal wounds, you're not going to have a good time.

You miss the part where he is 1/3rd of your army, only has a 4+ AS and 16 wounds, and his abilities go down with wounds. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, zilberfrid said:

He's a god, of course he's "ridiculous" 🙄

1 minute ago, zilberfrid said:

Yes, he's extremely powerful, but I don't think it's egregious from a balance standpoint. He hasn't even been played yet; on paper he looks incredible, but I'm not passing a proper judgement at a first glance.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, LordAlpharius said:

He's a god, of course he's "ridiculous" 🙄

Then point him as such.

1710 would be good.

So nobody has to deal with gods in regular games.

Edit: That something is a god has nothing to do with game design. 

Edited by zilberfrid
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, zilberfrid said:

There’s a lot of Alpha striking lists that could take him down In one turn. As a KO player I can see something like 10 thunderers in an ironclad being an absolute nightmare for someone fielding Teclis, as that’s a lot of points gathered on one place. He’ll make Nagash and Tzeentch armies sad though.

• Like 2

Just now, Azamar said:

There’s a lot of Alpha striking lists that could take him down In one turn. As a KO player I can see something like 10 thunderers in an ironclad being an absolute nightmare for someone fielding Teclis, as that’s a lot of points gathered on one place. He’ll make Nagash and Tzeentch armies sad though.

He does bring his own ward save, don't forget.

Indeed. Both Kharadron and Tzeench (especially if he is on the same base as Alarielle) can and will take the first turn with 1-2 drops deployment and kill him on the first turn with us not being able to do anything about it. I will reserve judgement, but tournament-wise he is a very bad and fragile investment.

(And thank god because I really don't like the model.. 😛

1 minute ago, Dankboss said:

Then vs KO and Tzeentch he was dead before they even deployed him XD

And VS many armys they can shoot off half his wounds before turn 1. Tbh I am not sure I will even use him as he seems to much of a reliability. Will have to see what the full book holds 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Azamar said:

I think whoever fields teclis would have to bubble wrap like crazy in situations like that to avoid that very thing. Not always the best, but I think it could be doable. 

I need to think on everything though, as this is a lot of info to go through...

• Like 1