Aos 2 - Lumineth Realm-Lords Discussion

HollowHills

1 minute ago, Falkman said:

Yeah, the Wardens have a long sentence which says that for each Warden unit you take in your list, one Sentinel or Dawnrider unit can count as battleline.

and am I correct in thinking the stoneguard are battleline in the same circumstances only in a ymetrica force?

Edited by Yuviel Lightbringer

MAN are the lumineth going to be slow or what? Maybe I cannot see some extra rules but it looks like we need to run everywhere, and we are about as slow as a death army is.

Also, kinda sad that the Stone Mage can only cast 1 spell a turn from what I can see... dunno, expected a bit more.

Edited by Acid_Nine

Okay foks this is the best bit:
The Sentinels' Hawk  can target an enemy Unit within 30" of the High Sentinel and fire above Terrain! :D (They have to use their long Range Firing mode for this)
Also the Sentinels have 2 Profiles: Point blank and Volley Fire in a high Arch.

My dreams have come true - so much pew pew.
I can understand the People who are disappointed though. :(
Not even in my wildest dreams I anticipated that our only ally would be Deepkin.

From the spell lores it does seem that the different Vanari units will be able to choose a spell, not just warscroll spell only.

Top image, lore of Hysh? seems to say can be taken by Teclis, Light of Eltharion, Cathallars  and Vanari wizards.

Edited by GrimDork

43 minutes ago, Nighthaunt Noob said:

As cool as I think this army is, and as nicely as it covers all the basics, the list of warscrolls is pathetically short and having only 1 set of allies adds insult to injury. Definitely in need of wave 2.0 and/or Malerion's elves.

Haha have you seen the Iron Jawz roster? 

5 minutes ago, GrimDork said:

From the spell lores it does seem that the different Vanari units will be able to choose a spell, not just warscroll spell only.

Top image, lore of Hysh? seems to say can be taken by Teclis, Light of Eltharion, Cathallars  and Vanari wizards.

And there is nothing in the unit rules that stops them from casting other spells so this does Indeed seem to be the case! Looks like an army with few warscrolls but with a lot of flexibility to make up for this.

6 minutes ago, Falkman said:

And there is nothing in the unit rules that stops them from casting other spells so this does Indeed seem to be the case! Looks like an army with few warscrolls but with a lot of flexibility to make up for this.

They all only know the one empowering spell. 

The Spell Lore is only avaible to Alarith Mages and Teclis. So no additional spells for the units. 

4 minutes ago, Gecktron said:

They all only know the one empowering spell. 

The Spell Lore is only avaible to Alarith Mages and Teclis. So no additional spells for the units. 

There are 2 spell lores pictured above. One of them is for Teclis and Alarith wizards. The other is for Teclis, Light of Eltharion, Cathallars AND vanari wizards. Units must be able to as there are no other "vanari" wizards.

Edited by GrimDork
  • Like 1

Some quick google translations of Teclis abilities:

Can cast 1, 2, or up to 4 spells - If 1, it is automatically cast and cannot be unbound. If 2, they are cast automatically with a CV of 12, if up to 4 they are cast automatically with a CV of 10.  Additionally, he can automatically dispell one endless spell per turn, and attempt to unbind any number of enemy spells, one of which is automatically unbound. Celennar's aura also adds 1 to all casting, dispelling, and unbinding rolls for Lumineth units within his Aura (starts at 16" and degrades)

Celennar's Aura also allows units within it to ignore the effects of spells on a 4+, and when they do so, they can pick a unit within 18" of that unit and deal D3 mortal wounds to it.

• Thanks 6

Seems like the Lumineth are great at magic and melee, but mediocre in shooting. However, their melee skills only Account for durability, you can easily get a 3+ save, which is re-rollable for Alarith Guards in the Bataillon. 

However, they are very Immobile, the Speed of Light surely is a must Pick. 

I guess their horror matchup would be Beasts of Chaos as they only have to Kill of the dawn riders and archers and can then totally dictate the game. 

• Like 2