Aos 2 - Lumineth Realm-Lords Discussion

HollowHills

41 minutes ago, Tiberius501 said:

Is the Auralan Legion actually a good choice other than to get a small number of drops? For 120pts it seems a bit meh.

Yeah I feel like @Falkmanon this one. It is like: well i got the units anyways so do i want to lower drops or pay the points for 10 more wardens. The battalions are nothing to build towards. Though I dont even know if I will have enough lords for a second artifact. With most of the lords being named idk if I would have 2 of our generic level 1 casters in many lists. Its not even like you need them to cast spells. They arent better at casting then any of our infantry. Not to say they are bad just mentioning that I dont know how many generic lords id play. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, woolf said:

Guys whats your view on including Idoneth units as allies? Was thinking maybe eels + soulscryer might make sense for some added flexibility to hit back-lines (e.g. catapults)?

This could be good, but also for 100 points idoneth have a mage that can give -1 to hit to an enemy... which would stack with the shining company and battle cattle aura... -3 to hit on an enemy unit seems pretty darn good.

22 minutes ago, Gecktron said:

1592899168779.jpg.380f8b3198935e490f63098b46440c65.jpg

I found this color scheme on a french forum (they say its Ymetrica?) And I think it looks really good. Im tempted to go with that for my Lumineth force! 
Source: https://www.warhammer-forum.com/index.php?/topic/274075-discussion-lumineth-realm-lords/page/70/

thanks for finding this, I will absolutely be using this as a base for my Yvresse reborn Ymetrica list. all it needs is some gold edging and the gemstones in red. Lord Eltharion will be most impressed and provide his scowl of satisafaction.

I think this is going to be my initial goal list to build towards. I really like the look of the Stoenguard but rules-wise the seem pretty weak compared to the rest of the stuff in the army so they will not make the cut initially. For nation I think Iliatha or Zaitrec are the most interesting (and they don't have any dumb melee traits or artefacts that I have to take for my wizard heroes…)

Eltharion - 220 pts
Alarith Stonemage - 130 pts
Scinari Cathallar - 140 pts
20 Wardens - 240 pts
20 Wardens - 240 pts
10 Sentinels - 140 pts
10 Sentinels - 140 pts
5 Dawnriders - 130 pts
5 Dawnriders - 130 pts
Spirit of the Mountain - 340 pts
Auralan Legion - 120 pts
Hyshian Twinstones - 30 pts
2000 pts total

Edited by Falkman
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Duke of Mousillon said:

this also still stings me a bit that for a non named combat hero youd need to ally in smth from Idoneth Deepkin

I'm kind of okay with that, the army is apparently very wizard-focused so that's a thematic choice GW made. But then still having melee traits and items that you have to take for certain nations is very weird.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Falkman said:

I'm kind of okay with that, the army is apparently very wizard-focused so that's a thematic choice GW made. But then still having melee traits and items that you have to take for certain nations is very weird.

I agree it’s quite annoying. If you make us wizards please give us items and traits that work for the army. Luckily I’m going Iliatha but you’re a little pigeon holed from the start due to the odd artefact choices. 

7 minutes ago, Falkman said:

To be fair the stonemage is no slouch in combat in ymetrica, armed with the artifact. 3" 2-4 attacks at 3+, 3+ -1 d3 has the power to be on par with a vampire lord, then the command ability to discard your attacks to inflict d3 mortal wounds on a 2+ with the 6+ fnp and 5+ ignore spells makes quite a tanky hero. and the spell solar flair can soften a unit up nicley before the charge.

not perfect I will admit but far better then we would have otherwise had with a mage who normally only makes 1 attack with a staff.

Edited by Yuviel Lightbringer
add info, spelling

39 minutes ago, Yuviel Lightbringer said:

To be fair the stonemage is no slouch in combat in ymetrica, armed with the artifact. 3" 2-4 attacks at 3+, 3+ -1 d3 has the power to be on par with a vampire lord, then the command ability to discard your attacks to inflict d3 mortal wounds on a 2+ with the 6+ fnp and 5+ ignore spells makes quite a tanky hero. and the spell solar flair can soften a unit up nicley before the charge.

not perfect I will admit but far better then we would have otherwise had with a mage who normally only makes 1 attack with a staff.

I ran enough stormcast caster heroes into ACTUAL melee heroes to know that profile is not adequate for combat, though. I wonder if the battle cattle should originally have had a hero keyword?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Yuviel Lightbringer said:

The artifact does not add any attacks, so you will have 1-3 attacks. What it does is add one damage to one attack per turn.

1 minute ago, Falkman said:

The artifact does not add any attacks, so you will have 1-3 attacks. What it does is add one damage to one attack per turn.

Odd, the translation I have is +1 attack. draft, I will need to reclaculate.

2 minutes ago, Lucur said:

I ran enough stormcast caster heroes into ACTUAL melee heroes to know that profile is not adequate for combat, though. I wonder if the battle cattle should originally have had a hero keyword?

as for what a melee hero should be I tend to use the the vampire lord as a hybrid caster/fighter baseline. I don't play stormcast to know what they run but the vampire lord is 140pts for 4 3+,3+,-1, d3 attacks + cast 1/dispell 1. overall a well rounded character IMO, my mistraslation has not helped my maths but I can see the stonemage serving as an average melee support hero, the 3" range is much better then we would normaly get but beyond that the attack profile is ok and the casting power average for a basic hero. I did not factor in quartz for the additional spell or other potential benefits.

14 minutes ago, Yuviel Lightbringer said:

Yeah, several of the translated summaries are pretty iffy. Here's the actual sentence in the book run through google translate. Also note that even without translating you can see the keywords used, the weapon adds 1 "schaden" which you can compare to the warscrolls to see that schaden = weapon damage, not attacks.

Tysk översättning.JPG

Edited by Falkman
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Yuviel Lightbringer said:

as for what a melee hero should be I tend to use the the vampire lord as a hybrid caster/fighter baseline. I don't play stormcast to know what they run but the vampire lord is 140pts for 4 3+,3+,-1, d3 attacks + cast 1/dispell 1. overall a well rounded character IMO, my mistraslation has not helped my maths but I can see the stonemage serving as an average melee support hero, the 3" range is much better then we would normaly get but beyond that the attack profile is ok and the casting power average for a basic hero. I did not factor in quartz for the additional spell or other potential benefits.

The vampire lord also has a better save, can heal themselves in two different ways (blood chalice or doing wounds) and can raise casualties of nearby units by D3. I think the stone mage can be good, but I do not think they are hybrid fighters like we have been wanting. And I agree, I just hope there are some relics that go on High wardens or something, just to have something that is not on a squishy caster. Still, I am excited to see what the utility relics are, and you cannot go wrong with relm relics like Aetherquartz broach.

We will probably have more info tomorrow or thursday. I know local stores that give the stock out as soon as they get it, so hopefully get an influx before the weekend.

Also, maybe our artifacts might be able to be given to unit champions or something? Old High elves champions could often have a magic item

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

32 minutes ago, Chumphammer said:

We will probably have more info tomorrow or thursday. I know local stores that give the stock out as soon as they get it, so hopefully get an influx before the weekend.

Also, maybe our artifacts might be able to be given to unit champions or something? Old High elves champions could often have a magic item

hey, we had the same thoughts, just one post removed! I honestly think that we will have this in leu of having combat heroes for now. I do think that we may have more heroes when / if tyrion or another element temple comes out, but for now it makes sense if we are able to give a warden something. Worst case scenario it's something like a +1 to hit item... worst case is we can give them any relic, even the ethereal amulet, and can give everyone the effects of that relic.

• Like 1