Aos 2 - Lumineth Realm-Lords Discussion

HollowHills

3 minutes ago, madmac said:

As cool as Eltharion is, I doubt he has an entire magic lore named after him. The description of the box set calls out spell cards also.

That said, he was a mage in WFB so it would not be surprising if he's still a wizard.

In the Exemplars lowdown it said he is. 

Edited by LuminethMage

Oh dear, no new models?

Set all other things aside:

If it turns out that the "tiny peak" turned out to be "the entire release" then I'm displeased. Still buying this army, but displeased at the over-hype. 

If there are new models (veiled lady doesn't count) revealed today I will happily eat my oversized bull-horned hat. 

9 minutes ago, NorthernNurgling said:

Oh dear, no new models?

Set all other things aside:

If it turns out that the "tiny peak" turned out to be "the entire release" then I'm displeased. Still buying this army, but displeased at the over-hype. 

If there are new models (veiled lady doesn't count) revealed today I will happily eat my oversized bull-horned hat. 

Yeah, at this point my plan is pretty much to get this box set, and some more core troops then see how I feel about the whole thing when I'm done with that. I'm not in a hurry to buy Teclis and the Mountain guys don't do much for me, so I might as well just wait and see what other elite options get released, either initially or later on.

Edit: Regardless of how many models we get, I expect there will be rules to align the battleline troops with an element, sort of like Chaos Marks, so I'm not entirely convinced the tokens mean much.

Edited by madmac
  • Like 1

Looking at the markers though, "Zenith" has got an Eltharion like icon, so that seems like the best chance of seeing elites with classic winged helmets, maybe Phoenix Temple. Very likely Eagle/Griffon/Phoenix oriented in general. River with the webbed wings really gives me a water dragon vibe, so that's interesting. Air is hard to place currently since it doesn't really resemble any type of beast that I can see.

Edited by madmac

Disappointed with no new Lumineth miniatures, even including the wind/river mage that was teased, we are still sitting at 9 kits compared to 11 for OBR, IDk, Gloomspite, Nighthaunt.  I can't believe they would release an army with such beautiful cavalry, and yet not include a cavalry lord option.

All that said, we should get another Lumineth lowdown this Monday, hopefully it is something new, and not just doing a deep dive on the Alarith miniatures. 

• Like 3

Even if they revealed that the Dawnriders is a dual-kit with reavers that would be enough for me.

I actually think this is all we're getting. I don't think I'm going to get the boxed set, because even if they go on to release the other elements, those warscrolls won't be in the new battletome, so what is the point in paying double for a limited edition? 

Edited by NorthernNurgling

Keep in mind this was all one reveal show originally. So the Lumineth Announcement was two new models plus a hidden tease of that one mage, plus an early release box set that will probably be out a month or two before the rest of the range. For one event that's a reasonable reveal, it doesn't necessarily mean nothing else is coming.

It does make me wonder just how staggered the Lumineth release is going to be, though.

• Like 1

I'm actually so hacked off right now. Look at the way their media team have strung us along...

First they mention "Tyrion" a dozen times - but he's not a release.

Then they show us a literal drawing of a Swordmaster - but those aren't released.

Then they talk about four elemental cultures at every opportunity - but three of them aren't released.

Then they do the "low-downs" which are essentially the dev team backslapping about how awesome their models are.

Then they reveal.... a fantastically well-designed yet highly controversial set of bull-themed mini's which cannot help but be jarring to the eyes of older hobbyists.

Then they do a "low-down" which literally just talks about the scenery on the bases.

Then they do an online preview which announces... dice and markers.

Are you for real?  I'm self-isolating here, I've had nothing to do all week but wonder what today would preview. And it previewed dice... I don't even like yellow dice! I don't follow this hobby for the dice, or the measuring sticks or the cardboard counters. I collect MINIATURES. 

When I saw the spearmen and the Dawnriders, I was instantly sold. There's a set of units that will be fun to paint, look awesome on the tabletop and are going to be an elite, tactical force to play as. But then to torment me since January to this point... you've killed the anticipation. You've built it up to ridiculous levels until the only thing any rational person can feel now is disappointment. 

I can only imagine how incandescent the Destruction collectors must be when they've been waiting for Sons of Behemat since Christmas only to find out that... there's a new battletome incoming. WE KNEW THAT! WE KNEW THAT! 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

25 minutes ago, NorthernNurgling said:

Even if they revealed that the Dawnriders is a dual-kit with reavers that would be enough for me.

I actually think this is all we're getting. I don't think I'm going to get the boxed set, because even if they go on to release the other elements, those warscrolls won't be in the new battletome, so what is the point in paying double for a limited edition? 

I mean, I wouldn't buy a limited edition battletome on it's own either, but I expect the price will be at least somewhat offset by the discount on the kits and the other extra bits, plus it's basically early access.

It's almost exactly what they did with SoB, I'm not bothered by it all.

Just now, ArchaicArc said:

Another preview in two weeks.... might explain why it’s being drip-fed, they are trying to keep us interested instead up to the delayed release. Instead of giving us everything and having people lose interest after a month or so.

I literally can't handle another 2 week wait only for them to reveal nothing. I'm not looking any more. I think I'm going to just paint landscapes.

Honestly lumineth almost dragged me back into the world of games workshop but the way they are drip revealing things like this has done nothing but bore me and kill my hype. It doesn't help that their website content writers are an absolute shambles who seem completely incapable of writing interesting content

• Like 1

I think I'm getting that starter box, I just hope It isn't like, 500 bucks or something... or it sells out within 5 minutes. I hope GW finally gets enough to fulfill all orders.

And, we finally have some rules! being able to activate two units at once is actually really bloody powerful, and I can't wait to try it out!

2 minutes ago, maitremage said:

178469192_SortLumineth(2).png.2afbccb285162d7341bcb15c6b75a101.png

If someone has better eyes than mine... I read casting value of 7, pick an ennemy unité wholly within 24" and visible, and something related to the Move caracteristic, but I can't see what exactly...

I believe it says half the movement characteristic, then roll a die, but I can't see beyond that... still, sounds like a good spell!

"Overwhelming Heat has a casting value of 7. If successfully cast, pick 1 enemy unit wholly within 24" of the caster visible to __. __ the Move characteristic __ of __ hero phase. __ roll a dice. If the roll is equal to or greater than that units move characteristic, that unit suffers D3 mortal wounds."

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Kayzee84 said:

"Overwhelming Heat has a casting value of 7. If successfully cast, pick 1 enemy unit wholly within 24" of the caster visible to __. __ the Move characteristic __ of __ hero phase. __ roll a dice. If the roll is equal to or greater than that units move characteristic, that unit suffers D3 mortal wounds."

I think it's" visible to the caster, halve the move characteristic until the end of the next hero phase, then roll a dice. if the roll is equal to or greater, than that units move characteristic, that unit suffers D3 mortal wounds"

Which sounds like a great spell. you can kneecap a unit of Mortek guard, and then pour salt on the mortal wound! 

Edited by Acid_Nine
I missed a blank!