Aos 2 - Lumineth Realm-Lords Discussion

HollowHills

1 minute ago, bernoodist said:

looks like mounted archer

Nah I think his lance is just accross his body.

Even if what we have seen so far IS the full release I think it is pretty reasonable

Tyrion

MountainCows

Eltharion

Shrouded Lady

Floaty Rock Dude

Spearman

Archers

Light Cavalry

Heavy Infantry

Maybe 1 more elite unit and I think that would be a solid release that leaves plenty of room for expansion (that is good for everyone tbh)

If thats' the lady the brazier picture is also still missing. 

Edit: now that I had more time looking at it, she has the brazier in her hand. As we thought at that time.

We still haven’t seen the bonsai on the cliff though afaik.

Edited by LuminethMage
Amend

20 minutes ago, LuminethMage said:

If thats' the lady the brazier picture is also still missing. 

Edit: now that I had more time looking at it, she has the brazier in her hand. As we thought at that time.

We still haven’t seen the bonsai on the cliff though afaik.

I think it is on the ‘regular’ build from the big cow 

• Thanks 1

I love them and I'd be fine if this was the full release however I strongly think we are going to get a river elite unit and behemoth to go with the veiled lady, probably dual kits with hammers and cow men. I can't see us getting four elements or Tyrion now but atleast we know we have a huge update to look forwards to if that's the case 

Edit : as i look again I still can't tell if the veiled lady is river or wind so could be wind units

Edited by Damosane

Maaaaaan are we sure Slaanesh is locked up? These elves are really bloody horny...

all jokes aside I love the hammer Aelves. I will probably cut off the horns on their helmets because I have a thing against any piece of headwear getting in the way of swinging heavy objects, or just cut the bovine part off completely, but my heavens everything else about them looks awesome. I love the giant mountain bulls as well (and hey bonsai trees are hanging off a cliff) 

Kinda sad we don't have a dragon riding elf, but you know, a giant mountain spirit is pretty good too. and plus, it's not a stupid wraith construct like in 40k, powered by dead elves so i'm happy for originality!  Overall I just want a generic captain model to add some roleplay to my army and create my own dude, but so far I'm happy I saved up all my money for this release!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Speculation time. Delving a bit into the hint lore of a 'civil war' I'm leaning more towards an initial split between mountain/other and other/zenith, with Tyrion headlining the other half. Theres no longer open war but a large cultural split remains. I think we'll see the other half released after Slaanesh escapes and the Aelves go on a more unified all out war footing. So, Slaaneshi mortals next year followed by an Aelves second half?

5 minutes ago, Yuviel Lightbringer said:

where is this info about a civil war, was it mentioned in the livesteam?

Indeed. Genesis for a lot of the ruins strewn about the bases. Civil war pre Age of Chaos. Now the Aelves pay tribute to the 'Spirits of Hysh' to make amends.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Kayzee84 said:

Speculation time. Delving a bit into the hint lore of a 'civil war' I'm leaning more towards an initial split between mountain/other and other/zenith, with Tyrion headlining the other half. Theres no longer open war but a large cultural split remains. I think we'll see the other half released after Slaanesh escapes and the Aelves go on a more unified all out war footing. So, Slaaneshi mortals next year followed by an Aelves second half?

I don't think this is correct. When Phil Kelly was talking about the lore of the lumineth, and the civil war. He certainly made it sound like the elemental spirit/aelf alliance happened after the the civil war to make amends for the damage that their apocalyptic magic did to realm.  In thethe first lumineth lowdown as well, they state that the Elemental path was instituted by Teclis, and in the most 4th (i think) Lowdown, they mention how teclis is the master of all 4 elemental focuses. So I just don't see the civil war being tyrion/teclis and half of the elements on one side. as it all points to a post civil war reorganization lead by Teclis.

7 minutes ago, Athrawes said:

I don't think this is correct. When Phil Kelly was talking about the lore of the lumineth, and the civil war. He certainly made it sound like the elemental spirit/aelf alliance happened after the the civil war to make amends for the damage that their apocalyptic magic did to realm.  In thethe first lumineth lowdown as well, they state that the Elemental path was instituted by Teclis, and in the most 4th (i think) Lowdown, they mention how teclis is the master of all 4 elemental focuses. So I just don't see the civil war being tyrion/teclis and half of the elements on one side. as it all points to a post civil war reorganization lead by Teclis.

I forgot about the Teclis lowdown, and I'd certainly be ok with being wrong about a split release!

2 hours ago, The Red King said:

Can't tell on the riders but that's definitely the veiled woman there behind the archers.

Can anyone do a photoshop on those hammer elves to move the bullhead down to replace their heads?

urgh.jpg.77407e93b52797622cfa2d935583c8dc.jpg

Found that online.
I have to say I don't like the whole new range. The bodies/pose/bits can make excellent basis for conversion but as is, it's major No-No for me.

Edited by Maturin
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, Acid_Nine said:

I will probably cut off the horns on their helmets because I have a thing against any piece of headwear getting in the way of swinging heavy objects,

The way I see it is that the Horns are high enough so that they do not interfere with swinging the Hammers.  I like them as they are with their animal totemic feel.  I'm  getting a real ancient shamanistic animism  vibe from this range and each reveal draws me in a little further.  A more earthy colour scheme is what I'm imagining.  Just need to get my hands on the models.

• Like 1

Having seen someone make a basic helmet and realize that just the padding alone put your head off balance and strained your neck... those helmets would be the most impractical thing to wear into combat ever. Worse than boob plate and almost on bar with combat heels. 

The above head swap is still fantastical but at least it isnt all the unwieldyness of the horns BALANCED 5 feet above your head!

45 minutes ago, Athrawes said:

If this is taking place before the age of chaos then they had a long time to grow since then. I really wonder if the civil war was between Aelves and the spirits or between two factions of Aelves. I really don't think that the brothers would fight considering how much the gods hold grudges in this universe