Aos 2 - Lumineth Realm-Lords Discussion

HollowHills

Seeing all the Tyrion mentions in the newest article should put to rest peoples fears that he was snubbed in this release. However, they still seem to be putting the focus mostly on Teclis as the primary leader/figurehead of this army for the moment. 

I think it's looking more and more likely that initially this army will be solely Teclis leading his aelves. But then down the road Tyrion and his Aelves will be introduced to the Lumineth to create a single combined Light Elf faction.

In a similar vein, I'm starting to get a feeling that perhaps Malerion and his Shadow Aelves will end up having the Daughters of Khaine subsumed into a single "Shadow Aelf Faction" instead of him getting a stand alone faction release. As a positive, this could seriously help with the perception of there being too many Aelf Factions.

• Like 2

So keen for these guys I really like the lore for them so far very Eldar like but thats fine I love the Eldar lore as well. 

On the topic of the Teclis model when I first saw it I was super excited and also disappointed after a few days to review it (I've looked at it at least twice a day) it has grown on me. My main issue was Teclis face but I will reserve full judgement on that until I can see the model in person. I remember hating the Kurnothi elf face for underworlds when it was revealed but once I got the model it looked a lot better/GW paint faces weirdly sometimes. 

• Thanks 1

Personally I don’t see dragons being very involved here as I think that will be more  Malerion (evil dragon god)

Id like to see the griffon/Sphinx/eagle stuff pushed more so. Especially so that there isn’t so much overlap between the various elf factions (I don’t want a repeat of WHFB) each should be very distinct.

I’m thinking more a mix of old tomb kings and high elves forces of light deal.

Edited by Slave2Chaos

With this whole elemental thing going on in their fluff, they may get elemental spirits with them, though they seem to be more about granting wisdom and knowledge than combat, so maybe not. 

But yeah dragons might not be what they get, and more akin to bird-beasts or cats, like Great Eagles and Lions. Unfortunately though we won't really know anything new for at least a month, since the next article will be going over the units we've already seen.

Edited by Tiberius501
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Slave2Chaos said:

Personally I don’t see dragons being very involved here as I think that will be more  Malerion (evil dragon god)

Id like to see the griffon/Sphinx/eagle stuff pushed more so. Especially so that there isn’t so much overlap between the various elf factions (I don’t want a repeat of WHFB) each should be very distinct.

I’m thinking more a mix of old tomb kings and high elves forces of light deal.

they can still get 'light dragons', but I am inclined to agree.

they will likely get something that can fill the rough roll of a high elf dragon (after all Teclis was trying to recreate the high elves) maybe a giant 'eagle' that has the laser eyes of the tomb king's stuff and armoured feathers. thus having the size, strength, 'breath attack' and toughness of a dragon without stepping on potential malerion aesthetics?

• Like 1

Tiberius: Yeah there are a lot of dragon-related possibilities-  hope they go with something like what you're outlining. I could also imagine though, that 'good' dragons belong to the Stormcast faction now, with their chunky design style. 

Man, I really want to know more about how deep the emotion drain goes. I know in other threads the idea of them turning into Vulcans (essentially) where talked about, but I want to know how deep it is. Do they feel happiness, however brief? Anger? Passion? Are there remnants of emotion or are they completely gone? How would their allies feel about it? Would this extend to nobility squabbles and house politics, or would they be above that?

and would their society be the same way? And would an elf that is drained of emotion have emotions the same as a human would, or would it be even less?

I have so many questions.

• Like 6

Humm thought I posted earlier, hope this isn't a double post.

6 hours ago, Acid_Nine said:

Do they feel happiness, however brief? Anger? Passion? Are there remnants of emotion or are they completely gone? 

That's what I wanna know. I plan on painting my Lumineth like Blood elves and wanted to make my armies story/headcanon/fanfiction to have an addiction to magic... or in this case aetherquartz.  

I'm wondering if the lack of emotion and power is only temporary and they gain them back if there are no more aetherquartz. 🤔

As an old High Elf fan, I'm really happy with what they have done so far with the Lumineth. This will be my entry into AoS. I think they really did a good job with connecting the Lumineth to the High Elves and Eldar, but giving everything a new twist. You can see that they tried to make us "pointy elf" lovers happy as they promised, but also make them enough Sigamarized to be interesting in this setting.

The idea of using aetherquarz to explain how the Lumineth can still be kind of an elite force in a setting where you have Stormcast Eternals, Star-Demons and whatnot is also nifty. 

I'm looking really forward to see what monster they'll get. I'm one of those who thinks the sphinx is great, so something like that would be great. On the other hand dragons are always nice. Maybe somewhat done the road they'll put in a half-crazed emotionally-drunk fire aligned sub-faction with dragons etc. Unlikely, but who knows.  

Hopefully they'll show at least another unit with the speermen focused information in two weeks. 

• Like 5

17 hours ago, Acid_Nine said:

Man, I really want to know more about how deep the emotion drain goes. I know in other threads the idea of them turning into Vulcans (essentially) where talked about, but I want to know how deep it is. Do they feel happiness, however brief? Anger? Passion? Are there remnants of emotion or are they completely gone? How would their allies feel about it? Would this extend to nobility squabbles and house politics, or would they be above that?

and would their society be the same way? And would an elf that is drained of emotion have emotions the same as a human would, or would it be even less?

I have so many questions.

my expectation is that, due to the drain being a result of the diming of the aetherquarts which is described as eventually, the drain is slow. I would also imagine that if they stopped useing stones they would slowly regain their emotions.

as their flaw was being overly emotional to the point it nearly caused their collapse. I imagine that there will be 4 basic types of emotion level. younger elves with significantly more emotion then a human but try hard to control it. middle aged elves with roughly the same amount of emotion as a human (who tries to control their emotions), and older elves with significantly less emotion then a human. and outcasts who don't use aetherquartz, or use it only during battle (thus avoiding the drain). 

but this is guess work based on a few lines in a preview.

I wonder if we might get a berzerker-style unit, one made up of those who don't or can't use the aetherquartz?  It would be almost like the Blood Angels Death Company, where they are so lost that the only thing that can be done is to give them a glorious death in battle.  Too dark for the Lumineth maybe?

In a similar note, since aelven death popped in my head, I wonder what they are doing to safeguard their souls.  The Idoneth have something very similar to the Aeldari Infinity Circuit, I wonder if the Idoneth have taken measures as well?

1 minute ago, Koradrel of Chrace said:

I wonder if we might get a berzerker-style unit, one made up of those who don't or can't use the aetherquartz?  It would be almost like the Blood Angels Death Company, where they are so lost that the only thing that can be done is to give them a glorious death in battle.  Too dark for the Lumineth maybe?

In a similar note, since aelven death popped in my head, I wonder what they are doing to safeguard their souls.  The Idoneth have something very similar to the Aeldari Infinity Circuit, I wonder if the Idoneth have taken measures as well?

Wait, are elven souls forfeited to slaanesh like Eldar ones? I thought slaanesh owns the Eldar souls due to them being the creator of slaanesh. I’m unaware of elves doing anything similar in AOS (I though in fantasy slaanesh was always there)

so do they even have to guard their souls anymore then other races?

also does nagash have some sort of stake in souls as well for ghost making? I think I remember him owning all the dead things, and being mad a thing someone for protecting a races souls. 

I know much more about 40k lore then AOS lore, so bear with me I’ll prolly ask a lot of questions lol

A berserker feels really out of place, as society the Lumineth likely frown upon such individuals. I suspect various practices had to be developed that allow maintaining their persona in balance, should an individual choose not to use the crystal of Hysh.

18 minutes ago, TheadTheOgorSlayer said:

I thought slaanesh owns the Eldar souls due to them being the creator of slaanesh. I’m unaware of elves doing anything similar in AOS

Slaanesh always lusted for the elven souls in the world that was, although it was never in such relations to the High Elves as it was in case of the Eldar.  With AoS,  his lore was shifted towards a similar role, although he doesn't automatically get the souls as there is Nagash to consider.

18 minutes ago, TheadTheOgorSlayer said:

also does nagash have some sort of stake in souls as well for ghost making? I think I remember him owning all the dead things, and being mad a thing someone for protecting a races souls. 

Yes, I remember the same. Elven souls being rather potent in empowering his undead constructs or artefacts.

Edited by Tiger