Aos 2 - Lumineth Realm-Lords Discussion

HollowHills

2 minutes ago, EMMachine said:

Looks nice, I only wish GW would stop making maps on double pages like this. It's really hard for wikis to get maps without losing some space in the binding section of the book. For the english community it is a little easier because they can use digital content but this doesn't work in case of other languages.

Don't worry. C7 is going to release LRL supplement for Soulbound soon and maybe we will get a separate map of Ymetrica (or Xintil) then.

Edited by michu

Just now, michu said:

Don't worry. C7 is going to release LRL supplement for Soulbound soon and maybe we will get a separate map of Ymetrica (or Xintil) then.

With the implication that Soulbound will have a german translation, maybe. But fo the "soon", isn't the release for the soulbound preorders in the 4th quarter of this year?

Hi folks ! So glad that the lumineth are finally up for pre-order !

Since the 3 inch range on the warden's spears is just confirmed, I have an actual rule question :

If I were to place my spearmen in a line with their spears in front of them preventing an enemy mini to be placed there, (as the spears wouldn't let sufficient room to place a base) would the ennemy unit be unable to attack with a 1 inch range  ??

Thank you in advance for your answers !! ;)

15 minutes ago, Tiberius501 said:

Wow that’s WAY better than I thought it was gonna be. I expected $350AUD. But that’s only $270AUD, based on other things costing £110 on the site. 

Well the Stormcast Exorcism Soulstrike Box is £110, but it's $310AUD, I'd hazard a guess, especially with the recent price hikes, that it'll be $310AUD.

Edited by Schulzy
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Jeremierty said:

Hi folks ! So glad that the lumineth are finally up for pre-order !

Since the 3 inch range on the warden's spears is just confirmed, I have an actual rule question :

If I were to place my spearmen in a line with their spears in front of them preventing an enemy mini to be placed there, (as the spears wouldn't let sufficient room to place a base) would the ennemy unit be unable to attack with a 1 inch range  ??

Thank you in advance for your answers !! ;)

No, you would simply turn your models around to make room. 

First thing that sprung into my eyes reading the article was the fact they tell us the box gives you a "nifty 1000 points" I cannot get that to add up to the WD point values we got a whole back 🤔

Now that I thought a bit more about it, it might be a reference to Warcry point values, but I still think it is pretty vaguely written 😕

Edited by Third
More thinking

11 minutes ago, Third said:

First thing that sprung into my eyes reading the article was the fact they tell us the box gives you a "nifty 1000 points" I cannot get that to add up to the WD point values we got a whole back 🤔

It says it gives you ”the makings of” a 1000 pts army, ie the necessary start of one. Not that it adds up to a 1000 pts on its own.

Edited by Falkman
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, ArchaicArc said:

For the people who have made pre-orders before... how does it work?

its Saturday at 9am gmt, right? Do I just go on the Warhammer web store, and go to the new section and refresh???

thanks!

Yeah you just go to the Sigmar part of the site and refresh it until the box shows up in a “pre-order” tab on the left, which shows up in the “new and exclusive” section. 

• Like 2

Really excited to get my hands on this box, it looks fantastic!

What do you guys think to the chances of seeing a Tyrion model for the Lumineth to accompany Teclis? On the artwork of the Lumineth box there is artwork for Teclis and then another character behind him, could that be Tyrion and GW just haven’t shown us the model yet, or do you think there could be another elf release at some point in the future with Tyrion as the figurehead?

16 minutes ago, Tommay89 said:

What do you guys think to the chances of seeing a Tyrion model for the Lumineth to accompany Teclis? On the artwork of the Lumineth box there is artwork for Teclis and then another character behind him, could that be Tyrion and GW just haven’t shown us the model yet, or do you think there could be another elf release at some point in the future with Tyrion as the figurehead?

I think that is very likely, especially since Tyrion is explicitly mentioned in the community article describing the realm of Hysh.

The centre of the Hysh is an island known as Xintil. It was here that Teclis awoke during the Age of Myth, and where the majority of the Sigmar-worshipping mortals to inhabit the realm dwell. Xintil is ringed by 8 vast islands, each making up a part of the ancient Lumineth Empire. Four of these – Syar, Iliatha, Ymetrica and Zaitrec are known as the Teclian nations, and primarily base their culture on the teachings of Teclis, while Oultrai, Aurathrai, Helon and Alumnia are heavily militarised states who primarily seek to emulate Tyrion.

Source

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Tommay89 said:

This idea has been brought up a few times since the image was released and unfortuantly that the artwork is of Teclis and Celennar. In fact when GW did a lumineth lowdown article they showed the full image in colour.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/04/06/ultimate-art-isansgw-homepage-post-3/

It's down the page a bit but it shows the full image of Teclis and Celennar.  If they are going to do tyrion it will be some time yet.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, LuminethMage said:

The Warhammer Community Team just replied to the Tyrion question a few days ago, and if you are optimistic delusional like me you could read into that, that Tyrion might be coming not too long in the future. Same article that you guys pointed out. 

F8064A53-0E30-4CCA-B719-D097BD9BB141.png

so that pretty much confirms no non-two-story-tall melee hero. Oh phooey. Well, I may just have to look at alternatives for that hero!

I'm eagerly awaiting more info for the units beyond "what's in the box" kinda stuff. Come on throw me a bone I'm dying of hunger!

• Sad 1

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/06/16/lumineth-realm-lords-how-do-they-play/

Holy Cow those rules look good.

Based on what I have read so far we look to be the grey knights of AOS, with every unit a wizard (spear, bow and cav) + a mix of the Ossiarch's every unit leader can use a command ability (atherquartz rules).

Edited by Yuviel Lightbringer
add info
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2