Aos 2 - Lumineth Realm-Lords Discussion

HollowHills

Based on what we can see of the wings, neck and torso, that doesn't look terribly humanoid, can't see much room for conventional humanoid shoulders or arms there. It also has tons of lunar imagery - most of which lines up broadly with the Celennar model - when Tyrion's solar theme is something that's beenn hammered home for decades.

Yeah that looks way too much like Celennar to me. I’m pretty sure Tyrion isn’t getting a model unfortunately. I assume he’ll be chilling back at base with his brotastic elemental spirits and ruling from there, while Teclis flies out to do whatever an epic explorer wizard god does with his time.

Edited by Tiberius501

5 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

He is talking about this:

3759A20E-8297-4860-92F2-7E3C49D8B833.png.a6d63ef9fbf7af0565c4da2377629933.png
Propably Tyrion. (No horns and he has a beard or weird shadow)

But this one also has the same ears, earrings, expression and neck piece to Celennar. Also the area where you’d see the horns is cut off, so you can’t see if he has horns or not.

Edited by Tiberius501

11 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

Propably Tyrion. (No horns and he has a beard or weird shadow)

Oh interesting. He doesn't look obviously blind in a way that GW artists might want to indicate - pale eyes or a blindfold like the old Eltharion swordmaster model - but maybe.

And whomst among us has not wilfully grown awkward facial hair when we've reincarnated despite our brother telling us that it's not a great look and that we're a god now?

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Sagittarii Orientalis said:

Were there leaks other than spearmen and lancers model for lumineth realm-lords? As a player who once collected WHFB High Elves and is delighted to see "traditional but refined" (a)elven models, I would be happy to hear news of archers and/or winged monsters.  

there was that elf with the more open faced helm in the video, 0:04. it apears to have the 3-stringed rumour engine. and is probably an archer

• Like 1

I agree that I don't see Tyrion as part of this release, though I'm the first to admit that I was always more of Teclis fan than a Tyrion one. 

But I don't see why all these Tyrion fans want him tacked on to a release with an army mostly made up of guys he didn't create? Wouldnt you want him to be a star in his own right, leading a unique force created to his vision down the road? From all descriptions Tyrion's Aelves sound way different from what we've seen and could certainly merit their own unique force. 

Based off past new factions, unless this release breaks the pattern we have from Idoneth/Bonereapers/Kharadron. We're only likely to get 10 or so kits. I personally don't want to split up half of a(n already smaller than I'd like) release to be Tyrion angelic Aelves. If they want to add Tyrion to the faction down the road, with his Angel Aelves to expand the Lumineth like a stormcast chamber? Awesome. But if we are only getting the basic 10 kit release, I'd much rather have it unified around a single vision that have it split up between two and end up leaving both feeling truncated. 

Honestly, Tyrion deserves better than that, as do Teclis' Aelves.

• Like 1

I wouldn’t mind tbh, if Tyrion and a few angelic beings made it into this faction. But I don’t think they will. I don’t think Tyrion will get his own faction of elves either though, but perhaps he’ll come in a second wave for these dudes. Another Hysh high elf faction who are sort of like these dudes but more angelic seems a little redundant to me personally. 

Also, I was just flicking through the rumour engines and compiled, what I believe, to be the ones most certain to be for our faction. Interesting that there’s a hammer, perhaps a unit of hammer dudes instead of Greatswords? If so, I’m not sure how I’d feel about that haha. 

Another horn, sort of like the one on Celennar, too. Might be on another big Sphinx like beasty, or perhaps an elite unit of beasties? 

71FD8C2B-D5DB-4948-B790-471DDE1DE157.jpeg

2199FE29-C2F9-4D24-808F-DE62AF55CE31.jpeg

B69664E1-EC0C-41FA-91D9-CCB88B03EF59.jpeg

B04B03DA-2471-4BFA-8A7F-CA914675B19A.jpeg

72132DC4-6AC6-48F5-B31F-F00B5A2AD591.jpeg

F2EA7F6C-CAB4-41D5-AD5C-916330FEBF96.jpeg

6 hours ago, Thaliontil said:

But you can develop those story lines without needing to add three more armies. Malerion is the one with the biggest "claim" to have an army of his own, while Tyrion will be either part of this release or a future "expansion" of the Lumineth, and the Kurnothi should be added to Sylvaneth. I also think that putting Warcry warbands and stormcasts as "humans" is stretching the concept a bit too far. Empire players are stuck with old models and CoS, which is a great book, but probably a temporary patch till some factions in order get more developed.

Back on topic, I would prefer to see Tyrion on Malhandir. We already have Teclis with a great best next to him, and with the new "Blind warrior" concept of Tyrion I think it is better to have him either on his own or just with his loyal steed. It also provides a great contrast to his previous incarnation: where he once was proud and covered in jewels, relics of old and the curse of his ancestors, now he is more of a humble warrior who fights only if it is strictly necessary.  A Jedi-Tyrion would be amazing.

Eh I agree that tyrion should be Babysitting hanging out with his bro. I believe that the more armies the better, and I think that in time we'll get more human models, whether it is a zealot faction in the same vein as flagelents and priests or more advanced soldiers. I personally think that tyrion deserve his own army, whether "chambers" of the lumineth or not, but I would just want them to come out and see what they have thought of. I want to see the full power of light with these guys! that goes double for Malekith, that edgy ******. I want to see shadowy dragon elves!

anyways, anyone else want to see some out there magic? Every time I think of earth based magic I think of stuff like the reality bending of Doctor strange or Inception. Something strange and able to shape reality as the elves fight, even if it is in a limited area. The deepkin already have magic like the aethersea, so it isn't too far of a possibility to see them bend reality to a certain extent. Especially Teclis. I just don't want to see the standard "I shoot rocks" kinda thing.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Acid_Nine said:

anyways, anyone else want to see some out there magic? Every time I think of earth based magic I think of stuff like the reality bending of Doctor strange or Inception. Something strange and able to shape reality as the elves fight, even if it is in a limited area. The deepkin already have magic like the aethersea, so it isn't too far of a possibility to see them bend reality to a certain extent. Especially Teclis. I just don't want to see the standard "I shoot rocks" kinda thing.

I loved Geokenisis for space marines in 7th edition 40k. I would love for some abilities like that. My favorite was called " Shifting Worldscape" being able to pick up and redeploy a terrain feature doing damage to units that were inside the terrain as you move it across the board. Anything less than this and i will be disappointed. Imagine being able to redeploy enemy faction specific terrain?

• Like 2

Why are people so stuck on this "Angels Elves" thing??

There was ONE SENTENCE years ago saying "angelic beeings"  and people are still chanting about it without considering that Angelic =/ Angels.

Nothing else was ever said about winged elves in Hysh with the exception of the Lumineth "wind and Sky" elements described in the latest article.

If not on Lumineth i dont belive there is a "Angel Elves" in the works at all.

2 hours ago, Tiberius501 said:

Also, I was just flicking through the rumour engines and compiled, what I believe, to be the ones most certain to be for our faction. Interesting that there’s a hammer, perhaps a unit of hammer dudes instead of Greatswords? If so, I’m not sure how I’d feel about that haha. 

B69664E1-EC0C-41FA-91D9-CCB88B03EF59.jpeg

Hammer dudes could be warriors who are in tune with the earth spirits, perhaps every spirit type will get “aspect” warriors 

3 hours ago, Thiagoma said:

There was ONE SENTENCE years ago saying "angelic beeings"  and people are still chanting about it without considering that Angelic =/ Angels.

For me it's the picture of the realm stone in malign sorcery, it has two slim humanoids with wings supporting it. It also talks of how only the aloof elves of hysh made sense of the realm stone. Perhaps I'm overly looking into things, perhaps not, I'd be far less inclined to believe in the winged elves, if there wouldn't be that picture. 

4 minutes ago, Tiger said:

For me it's the picture of the realm stone in malign sorcery, it has two slim humanoids with wings supporting it. It also talks of how only the aloof elves of hysh made sense of the realm stone. Perhaps I'm overly looking into things, perhaps not, I'd be far less inclined to believe in the winged elves, if there wouldn't be that picture. 

Can you share the image, please? 🙂

While the Geomantic stuff sounds interesting, I'm not sure that has anything to do with the Lumineth's magic.  My read on it was that the different castes had more to do with the spirits of the land that they aligned themselves with.

Traditionally, the Magic Wind of Hysh was about protection spells, excorcisms, and focused beams of light (magic lasers!).  Additionally, the High Elves had access to High Magic, which was all of the Winds combined and purified.  What ever their magic is, I think it will be an evolutuon of these ideas, in much the same way that the models we've seen so far have been evolutions of Spearmen and Silver Helms.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Acid_Nine said:

I’m very interested in the magic the Lumineth get. I’m not sure if I like 100% what they are doing there. Sounds more Earthbender and shamanistic in a way so far to me. Not like what you’d expect from Hysh and the old Tower of Hoeth HE. 

But we still have not much information and how Hysh, those spirits and the symbols all tie in together. Definitely interesting. Might end up to be really cool stuff.

The spells so far seem more like of the “I shoot rocks variety” than anything more sophisticated. I still hope all that more learned, mysterious, light flavored stuff will be under the zenith faction though. 

2 hours ago, Tiger said:

The fluff in the malign sorcery relate to what we already have heard - that the Lumineth know how to harvest and use aetherstone, and that the stone is usually found in rune, or symbol like patterns, which we will here more about in the next part of the reveal. 

You could be right. They don’t look anything like the Lumineth we have seen so far (with skull masks, round ears etc.), but they are slim humanoids with wings, so who knows. 

After the lowdown we received, for me personally it’s hard to imagine that Tyrion is not part of the Lumineth. They write that Tyrion and Teclis both drive the actions of the Lumineth on the battlefield, so I think he will be the second center piece model. Maybe on a dragon, as that is the only central part of the former HE which we have not seen anything off yet.

I think GW might keep the angels esthetic restricted to the Stormcast Eternals. 

7 minutes ago, Koradrel of Chrace said:

Man, it would be awesome if Tyrion had some sort of awesome dragon mount.  I'd love to see him done as a model that rivals Archaon's!

Tyrion had a famous horse, just like Archaon. It’s a possibility. And as none of the dragon models of the HE are included in the free cities... . 

If they include him, it likely will be one of the last models they’ll reveal, so will still take some time.

I thought Malhandir died in End Times?  I mean, he was an awesome horse, but he wasn't a Horse God.  I'm not sure if he would have survived 10,000 years.  And honestly, I want to see Tyrion on something new and fantastic.  A dragon would be my first choice, but honestly I would be just as happy with some new AOS beasty if it was suitably epic enough.