Aos 2 - Lumineth Realm-Lords Discussion

HollowHills

27 minutes ago, Acid_Nine said:

ooooooor it could be a drop of water symbolizing the river? please?

In the article they also say something along the lines of the mind being swimming...

I know the text usually doesn't relate to whatever the thing in the pic is, but it's always free to dream.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Yuviel Lightbringer said:

I have to ask, where did you get the mask from, as I have my own idea for a conversion of an alarith spirit but don't know where to obtain the mask.

Sculpted it myself out of 1 part greenstuff, 2 parts Millliput.  Took three tries to get the right size, as most were too big.

Just now, Athrawes said:

Sculpted it myself out of 1 part greenstuff, 2 parts Millliput.  Took three tries to get the right size, as most were too big.

thanks for the reply, that just makes your whole project even better.

Welp, I will need lots of practice if I want to do my conversion idea now. back to the drawing board.

Tbh Sculpting a face wasn't my first choice, it's just that I couldn't find anything the proper scale for the size of the Wind spirit. I was sort of locked in as I had already sculpted the main body of the creature over an old pewter Wood Elf lord on Great stag that had been heavily filled down.

That was me, depending on the size of whatever you might make, there could be tons of appropriate sized faces to turn into mask out there. Think outsside the box!

I’m loving the sound of all those things they’ve got planned! Gonna have to look into this game once our group is done with our current Star Wars campaign. Awesome to see Lumineth making their way quickly into the mix.

Edited by Tiberius501

4 hours ago, Tiberius501 said:

I’m loving the sound of all those things they’ve got planned! Gonna have to look into this game once our group is done with our current Star Wars campaign. Awesome to see Lumineth making their way quickly into the mix.

We’ve have started to play last Friday and it’s really fun. Fits really well with the setting and the system makes it easy for people who play AOS to grasp the rules fast. Book also contains gorgeous art and lots of background information. 

The Lumineth won’t be joining the fray soon though. The supplement they are in - Champions of Order - is planned for Q4. So you have time to finish your SW campaign : ). 

• LOVE IT! 1

you know, I don;t know if we have overhyped this army or not, but can we appreciate we made almost 90 pages before the army even launched? I haven't felt this kind of excitement since the Idoneth and Kharadrons!

Edited by Acid_Nine
went up one page!
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, GrimDork said:

I'm a bit miffed that Teclis didn't make an appearance today  in the GW god tier death match, would've been a perfect opportunity for a rules tease.

Eltharion already made an appearance in one match, and either they have two models from a new army win, leading everyone to cry OP before the army is even released, or they make the star of the new army get chumped by Archaon (more likely, given I don't think Teclis is supposed to be on his level). Either way, not a good look.

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, RocketPropelledGrenade said:

Eltharion already made an appearance in one match, and either they have two models from a new army win, leading everyone to cry OP before the army is even released, or they make the star of the new army get chumped by Archaon (more likely, given I don't think Teclis is supposed to be on his level). Either way, not a good look.

yeaaaa, It's bad enough they had Volturnous fight against Gordrakk (or have him as a mid weight at any rate) but we had the Eidolon entered in the same class as the other gods, which as an idoneth player I can say he is nowhere near that level.

8 hours ago, RocketPropelledGrenade said:

Yeah, you’re probably right. I’m just ready for more!

Yeah I know. Price hikes are understandable with our current situation. But I wish they’d waiting until next year. A bit of a sour moment to kick peeps in the gut. I was really looking forward to getting the new wave of Mechanicus units for 40k but looks like I’m going to have to shelve that idea as Lumineth are probs oh going to take up that money too. 😩

53 minutes ago, valenswift said:

Hoping ours is the first release on 6th June,  can't wait to get my hands on that sweet army box :)

I hope so too! But i'm a bit worried, seeing that the banner of the article shows the Zoat, new AdMech and Aeronautica Imperialis...Worsdt case, I guess we will get the box on the 13th ^^

4 hours ago, Rhetoric said:

I just need to know if there’s going to be a Phoenix in this release.  Killing me not knowing the range, I’m on the verge of buying a Flamespyre Phoenix.  But the banner of the Dawnriders seems telling....

I really doubt you'll see a Phoenix. Even if there actually are more models (which seems less and less likely), there are two big reasons: (1) It doesn't seem like it would fit the mountain theme at all and (2) There are already phoenixes in another faction - they aren't going to duplicate a unique creature.