Aos 2 - Lumineth Realm-Lords Discussion

HollowHills

3 hours ago, Aloth_Corfiser said:

@Ian Wallshyeah its is definetly better than no High Elves! :D
I am content with what we have and do not expect anymore - I was even unsure about Endless Spells until they were revealed.
However regarding Terrain: I think that Ship has sailed by now .... but well it is what it is.

Lumineth have inspired me a great deal with Terrain-Ideas, I think a few pages back somebody already linked the Video about making Elven Waystones out of cardboard, by Miscast on youtube --> you should chek it out! 
Because of the Wheat on the Lumineth Bases I want to make a Lumineth Farm lol ^^

Edit: Personally the Stoneguard-Helmets grew on me, but People who don't like them could use Shadow Warrior Helmets - they seem perfectly made for this!

Ooh can someone handy with photoshop put together an image of what they'd look like with Shadow Warrior Helmets?

3 hours ago, Aloth_Corfiser said:

@Ian Wallshyeah its is definetly better than no High Elves! :D
I am content with what we have and do not expect anymore - I was even unsure about Endless Spells until they were revealed.
However regarding Terrain: I think that Ship has sailed by now .... but well it is what it is.

Lumineth have inspired me a great deal with Terrain-Ideas, I think a few pages back somebody already linked the Video about making Elven Waystones out of cardboard, by Miscast on youtube --> you should chek it out! 
Because of the Wheat on the Lumineth Bases I want to make a Lumineth Farm lol ^^

Edit: Personally the Stoneguard-Helmets grew on me, but People who don't like them could use Shadow Warrior Helmets - they seem perfectly made for this!

yea, I linked it... and I'll bloody do it again!

Spoiler

He does a pretty bad job explaining how to build it though, and I only learned by trial and error. I made four, going on 5 of these bloody things. My suggestion is to use cardboard from boxes, like I did with a seltzer water box, and to "skin" a layer off the fins so they fold back easier. Also, Wear gloves when doing the baking soda and super glue thing, else you won't be able to feel your fingers for about 12 hours with the concrete that forms... And be sure to use sticks and the like to spread the glue around. I didn't slather mine in super glue like he did, but I did use it to fill out the edges so it doesn't look like cardboard.  Also, you want the paper side on the runic symbol facing outwards when you cut it out of something, otherwise it would be backwards. Still a fun build, and I even did a few of my own custom symbols as seen in this thread (shameless self plug. mind you. )

Also, excellent point on the stone guard helms.  I planned on using these helms on shape ways just to see if they would work. They keep the roman helm thing enough, and gives me a fun throwback to old helmets (throwing out links like crazy today. https://www.shapeways.com/product/LSVD8PVE9/heaven-praetorian-helmet-2-generation?optionId=112187396&li=shops )

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Acid_Nine said:

Also, excellent point on the stone guard helms.  I planned on using these helms on shape ways just to see if they would work. They keep the roman helm thing enough, and gives me a fun throwback to old helmets (throwing out links like crazy today. https://www.shapeways.com/product/LSVD8PVE9/heaven-praetorian-helmet-2-generation?optionId=112187396&li=shops )

Wow those are really cool!

I can get behind the cow motif, but I think the iconography of the horns reads a bit overdone. I think this is PURELY because we don't have the complete range of castes for them to fit in with. IE. Wind, River, Zenith. Future expansions may smooth this out so they arn't just considered 'cow elves'. Here's my attempt to tone down the horns while keeping pretty true to the original model and fit in with the standard troops.

Stone Guard Edit.jpg

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Kayzee84 said:

I can get behind the cow motif, but I think the iconography of the horns reads a bit overdone. I think this is PURELY because we don't have the complete range of castes for them to fit in with. IE. Wind, River, Zenith. Future expansions may smooth this out so they arn't just considered 'cow elves'. Here's my attempt to tone down the horns while keeping pretty true to the original model and fit in with the standard troops.

Stone Guard Edit.jpg

Where did you get the plume bits?

19 minutes ago, Tiberius501 said:

Alright! Sunday is gonna be the day, I can feel it! “Next week you’ll get to pre-order your copy of the Lumineth battle box!”

Please...? 

That'd be really nice, as it would signal an imminent Battletome release. Without more units and with the release of the new Soulbound RPG, Lumineth lore is easily the part of the release I am most excited for (not to knock the rest of it! Just...lore is good).

• Like 1

I don't get why people over on FB are still making a fuss about the helmet, all it takes is a clean cut and it's off. Hell, it's probably a separate bit anyways. We have seen 3 kits for the Alarith so far, I feel like it is a safe bet that there will be a 2nd wave with Tyrion and the next two in the future, unless they are going for a T'au caste system, which I think is unlikely since this is the one faction with 2 Gods, they would want to capitalize on that.

IMG_6420.JPG

• Thanks 3

3 hours ago, Thiagoma said:

Where did you get the plume bits?

40K Custodes, what unit I don't know. I'm not too familiar with that system (just got back into AOS before SHTF). Looks like that faction has a few varieties of plume bits. Don't go buying up Ebay on me now...

What do people think about the costing of the Lumineth army box?

I’d guess,

Spirit of Eltharion, £20?

10 x wardens £30?

5 x dawnriders £30?

LE battletome £50?

Dice & templates & markers £20?

Warscroll cards £20?

That comes to £170.

What do think of my guesstimates?

1 minute ago, GrimDork said:

What do people think about the costing of the Lumineth army box?

I’d guess,

Spirit of Eltharion, £20?

10 x wardens £30?

5 x dawnriders £30?

LE battletome £50?

Dice & templates & markers £20?

Warscroll cards £20?

That comes to £170.

What do think of my guesstimates?

Well these boxes are always discounted soooo less than that?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Yuviel Lightbringer said:

Well the sisters one was around that price range, so it it seems about right. even so,  I still think its too early for them to release it so I don't think it will go up for order anytime in May.

You’re probably right. I suppose it gives me more time to paint up my Idoneth. And sell a kidney.

• Like 1

I can't wait for the release, my tzeentch are going straight to the bottom of the pile as soon as they drop. While waiting I've been doodling some ideas for helmets to 3d print to put my own touch on my force. Funny thing is after all the controversy I just can't picture them without the horns 🤣20200516_220117.png.1c5b4b8dc145c88371ef263d7f724069.png20200516_220131.png.5a7fc1eecec547a91f73f7e11031f3b8.png20200516_220159.png.f2d4a601e113e04c919491ec6b4533ef.png

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Warmill said:

I can't wait for the release, my tzeentch are going straight to the bottom of the pile as soon as they drop. While waiting I've been doodling some ideas for helmets to 3d print to put my own touch on my force. Funny thing is after all the controversy I just can't picture them without the horns 🤣

Really like the second and third options.  Very Minoan vibe without needing the entire bull head to emphasize its a bull theme haha.

3 hours ago, Warmill said:

I can't wait for the release, my tzeentch are going straight to the bottom of the pile as soon as they drop. While waiting I've been doodling some ideas for helmets to 3d print to put my own touch on my force. Funny thing is after all the controversy I just can't picture them without the horns 🤣20200516_220117.png.1c5b4b8dc145c88371ef263d7f724069.png20200516_220131.png.5a7fc1eecec547a91f73f7e11031f3b8.png20200516_220159.png.f2d4a601e113e04c919491ec6b4533ef.png

Are you planning g on putting it up on shape ways? I would absolutely pay for these.