Aos 2 - Lumineth Realm-Lords Discussion

HollowHills

18 minutes ago, Matt Sandi said:

Ha! Thanks! I'm in work at the moment but when I get back I'll post some more. As I said I'm not the best painter so don't look too closely!

I See a Stormcast dragon wing, verminlord head,  and a sylvaneth tree?

5 hours ago, Acid_Nine said:

I still hold out hope, even if i’m Just walking down the road to disappointment...

but it I think i’m Going to start planning my custom stonemage at any rate. I just need another archmage kit...

With some minor converting and a head swap, an Eldar Spiritseer or  Farseer can make for a pretty good mage.

12 minutes ago, Thiagoma said:

I See a Stormcast dragon wing, verminlord head,  and a sylvaneth tree?

So model is basically a stardrake with head chopped off. It's covered in lots of dryad parts. It has a sylvaneth tree on top. The horns are from a verminlord and the head is a necrosphyinx. 

2 hours ago, OkayestDM said:

With some minor converting and a head swap, an Eldar Spiritseer or  Farseer can make for a pretty good mage.

I made a tidecaster out of Eldrad Ulthran which worked quite well :) would think his model would be good base for a stone mage too if you'd like

• Like 1

Speaking about them....stardrake has 2 builds, Vermilord has 4 or 5 builds, Ancient tree 3 builds, etc... if the teclis mini is stuck to ONE build, it'd add a layer of disappointment on a miniature that already disappointed a lot of people out there...

At least, they could have pushed the concept to a mounted/fighting phoenix to get another behemoth...

Edited by GeneralZero

5 minutes ago, Yuviel Lightbringer said:

I'm looking forward to giving the book a read, just like Court of the Blind King I want it to expand further about the every day society of the lumineth and the roles of the various castes. And it helps the artwork is gorgeous.

I really hope the author actually read the battle tome and didn't get the entire structure of lumineth society wrong so he could make a Game of Thrones LITE for AoS, unlike court of the blind king. I could rant on it's stupidity for a good while, but this isn't the place.

44 minutes ago, GeneralZero said:

Speaking about them....stardrake has 2 builds, Vermilord has 4 or 5 builds, Ancient tree 3 builds, etc... if the teclis mini is stuck to ONE build, it'd add a layer of disappointment on a miniature that already disappointed a lot of people out there...

At least, they could have pushed the concept to a mounted/fighting phoenix to get another behemoth...

Alarielle or Katakros are better comparisons, and they are both single build-kits as well. The Teclis mini is so specific that it wouldn’t make much sense to also have it turn into a generic hero.

Edited by Falkman

4 minutes ago, Falkman said:

Alarielle or Katakros are better comparisons, and they are both single build-kits as well. The Teclis mini is so specific that it wouldn’t make much sense to also have it turn into a similar-looking generic hero.

its more baffling that Stoneguard is not a dual kit with e.g. some sort of swordmasters... would seem like such an obvious thing, different hats, different weapons, done, one more faction aside from Mountain pretty much there...

• Like 2

Just now, woolf said:

its more baffling that Stoneguard is not a dual kit with e.g. some sort of swordmasters... would seem like such an obvious thing, different hats, different weapons, done, one more faction aside from Mountain pretty much there...

It's possible they wanted to break away from the sterotype slightly, since the Asur were always associated with the sword, from the sword of khaine, to sunfang and the fangsword and ultimately as these are not Asur they also wanted to break the weapon mould hence they have two types of hammer?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Yuviel Lightbringer said:

It's possible they wanted to break away from the sterotype slightly, since the Asur were always associated with the sword, from the sword of khaine, to sunfang and the fangsword and ultimately as these are not Asur they also wanted to break the weapon mould hence they have two types of hammer?

ye I suppose but currently at 10 warscrolls... its a tiny faction. Would seem quite synergistic to just have a dual kit with the elite infantry, add another generic hero and a warmachine or monster affiliated with one of the other 3 "paths". Such an easy way to basically double the faction and ensure you have space for interesting battallions and some choice in listbuilding etc. I wouldn't be overly surprised if that still turns out to be the case actually but given the now very clear focus on mountain in the WD, this new book etc it does indeed seem like the release is only this faction..

anyways I know this has been covered before.. :)

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, woolf said:

ye I suppose but currently at 10 warscrolls... its a tiny faction. Would seem quite synergistic to just have a dual kit with the elite infantry, add another generic hero and a warmachine or monster affiliated with one of the other 3 "paths". Such an easy way to basically double the faction and ensure you have space for interesting battallions and some choice in listbuilding etc. I wouldn't be overly surprised if that still turns out to be the case actually but given the now very clear focus on mountain in the WD, this new book etc it does indeed seem like the release is only this faction..

anyways I know this has been covered before.. :)

Not a problem, I think we all feel this frustration slightly about the faction. but at least what we have is cool, and besides, we can always convert what we want.

• Like 1

Allies can also help here, depending on who they can ally with, if we want more options down the line. Might be quite cool allied with some Sylvaneth or Free Cities. I’m actually mad keen to make a LoTR Helms Deep style army now that I think about it, if you can ally with Free Cities. 

Edited by Tiberius501

28 minutes ago, Arentius said:

I've not read anything by Dale before, are his books generally considered faithful to lore and decent? or are they ones that people tend to avoid?

Name is unfamiliar, so I had to look him up. It looks like his Black Library debut was the recent AoS short story "Blessed Oblivion." He's written other novels outside of BL though.

Blessed Oblivion was...OK? I don't remember being particularly impressed or annoyed with it.

26 minutes ago, madmac said:

Name is unfamiliar, so I had to look him up. It looks like his Black Library debut was the recent AoS short story "Blessed Oblivion." He's written other novels outside of BL though.

Blessed Oblivion was...OK? I don't remember being particularly impressed or annoyed with it.

Honestly, as long as he is better than David “I will never tell you this guys’s Equipment ”  Annandale, I would enjoy it. I enjoyed Court of the Blind King in the moment, even if the whole novel was incongruent with a battle tome that had been out for two years before the book debute, so if he makes something fun and adventurous I could see myself picking it up.

plus, that excerpt was pretty okay, and I could understand what was happening, so that was good.