Aos 2 - Lumineth Realm-Lords Discussion

HollowHills

There are rules leaks up on DakkaDakka; it confirms that the Lumineth regiments (at least the Sentinels and Wardens) are wizards (ala Kairic Acolytes!) and that Aetherquartz exists as an in-game resource, presumably similar to the Kharadron mechanic!  

Teclis can auto-cast four spells a turn with the casting value roll counting as a ten, and they are strong as heck; one lets Lumineth within 18" ignore wounds on a 5+, another does mortal wounds to every (Chaos, or just boosted against Chaos) unit within 18", and a third forces enemies to use two command points each time they use a command ability rather than the normal one. He's shown using at least six spells, so it's a safe bet he has a bunch on his warscroll and access to the entire Lumineth spell lore. Interestingly, he apparently can also stop enemy wizards from being able to cast spells full stop. 

Lots of other interesting details, especially deriving points costs, but at first glance Eltharion looks like a total beast for 220 - his only weaknesses appear to be mortal wounds (like anything) and mobility. Teclis at 660 puts him right up there with the big bads, I'm expecting his incredible magical abilities will be hampered by mediocre durability/hitting power relative to other models of that points bracket. 

Edited by Jaskier
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1

Well, I guess that (again) it's mostly wishful thinking, but given that the Endless spells where nowhere to be seen in previous photos (Or, at least, I don't recall any image where they were visible), and that with 10 warscrolls it would be a smaller release than Ossiarchs/Idoneth, I think it is very plausible that they have kept hidden a couple of units to show when they are finally available to pre-order.

• Like 1

There was an image on P77 of this forum from the white dwarf that showed a lumineth battleline against slaves and there was a very bizzare white shape that looked like a helmet and some pennants that did not match anything we were shown so far.  (on the image it was behind Eltharion) thats my basis on there being at least 1 more unit but I could be wrong.

image.png.cd48929364308002bb6b396caf5281

Edited by Yuviel Lightbringer
photo
  • Like 1

I was kind of expecting all the infantry to be 2 wounds similar to Fyreslayers due to being infused with magical energy. However after seeing the points they look in line with Deepkin so more likely 1 wound elite infantry. Also with those points and possible regiment discounts if not fielding Teclis can easily be a pretty high model count army if wanted. 

• LOVE IT! 1

12 minutes ago, Yuviel Lightbringer said:

There was an image on P77 of this forum from the white dwarf that showed a lumineth battleline against slaves and there was a very bizzare white shape that looked like a helmet and some pennants that did not match anything we were shown so far.  (on the image it was behind Eltharion) thats my basis on there being at least 1 more unit but I could be wrong.

image.png.cd48929364308002bb6b396caf5281

That pic seems to be for the battle report though,  and we now know there isn't anything new in that...

Just now, chosen_of_khaine said:

That pic seems to be for the battle report though,  and we now know there isn't anything new in that...

I know, thats why I was as disapointed as I was when I saw the army list.  yet something in that image within the red circle at the back does look fundementaly different to what we have already seen.

Wow, the endless spells look very cool!

Someone on dakkadakka just said that he received the WD issue way ahead of time, and that there are 11 options for Warcry: Scinari Cathallar, Alarith Stonemage, Steedmaster, High Sentinel, High Warden, Truestone Seneschal, Vanari Dawnrider, Vanari Auralan Sentinel, Vanari Auralan Warden, Alarith stoneguard with diamond pickhammer, Alarith Stoneguard with stone mallet. I imagine that the Steedmaster may be the name for the leader of the dawnriders and the Truestone Seneschal may be the name for the leader of the stoneguard.

Regarding the very blurry pic of the battle report, I already had my fair share of doubt when uploading it. Now that we have seen part of the content of the battle report, even more so. Maybe we've seen the full range by now, who knows. I'm still trying to process everything we've seen in these past few hours. We've gone from no news to an avalanche (pun intended) of rules, abilities, models, and points...

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

3 minutes ago, Khaedhras said:

Wow, the endless spells look very cool!

Someone on dakkadakka just said that he received the WD issue way ahead of time, and that there are 11 options for Warcry: Scinari Cathallar, Alarith Stonemage, Steedmaster, High Sentinel, High Warden, Truestone Seneschal, Vanari Dawnrider, Vanari Auralan Sentinel, Vanari Auralan Warden, Alarith stoneguard with diamond pickhammer, Alarith Stoneguard with stone mallet. I imagine that the Steedmaster may be the name for the leader of the dawnriders and the Truestone Seneschal may be the name for the leader of the stoneguard.

Regarding the very blurry pic of the battle report, I already had my fair share of doubt when uploading it. Now that we have seen part of the content of the battle report, even more so. Maybe we've seen the full range by now, who knows. I'm still trying to process everything we've seen in these past few hours. We've gone from no news to an avalanche (pun intended) of rules, abilities, models, and points...

lots of names there that look very interesting, my kudos to the person who got the WD ahead of time.

Anyone got thoughts on how the "Sigil of Yngra" would work? the rules seems to reference "this model" but its a spells so cant be targeted by attacks right? Was thinking maybe its a garrison thing? Seems pretty strong to be able to give something +1 save and -1 hit for incoming attacks.

29 minutes ago, GeneralZero said:

I'm also in the camp of "there is at least something else" just because without any news, this would be a really, really poor new army release. The lists will all be Teclis+Eltharion+ few things.

Not sure about that if you drop Teclis you can get access to another 50 dudes. We will see what his rules are but either will be him plus units and minimal other characters or no Teclis and plenty of dudes. You can’t win Sigmar games vs decent lists with so few models. Especially as there’s a lot of shooting around at the moment that makes big points sinks generally a bad idea. 

15 minutes ago, woolf said:

Anyone got thoughts on how the "Sigil of Yngra" would work? the rules seems to reference "this model" but its a spells so cant be targeted by attacks right? Was thinking maybe its a garrison thing? Seems pretty strong to be able to give something +1 save and -1 hit for incoming attacks.

None of the spells shown have their complete rules previewed (the Crystals only show that you get a bonus of some kind for example, not what you use it for) so the Sigil probably has another rule that tells you what it applies to.

24 minutes ago, Falkman said:

None of the spells shown have their complete rules previewed (the Crystals only show that you get a bonus of some kind for example, not what you use it for) so the Sigil probably has another rule that tells you what it applies to.

Ye I also noted, I was thinking its because they might have to do with the aetherquartz mechanic and which they don't want to reveal yet or something like that

My only fear is that we won't be competative without Teclis now. I love that pointy ****** but I hope he isn't in the "too good to miss out on" territory.

Also still holding out on a Loremaster or archmage type hero... holding out for a hero till at least the end of the night.

• Like 1