Aos 2 - Lumineth Realm-Lords Discussion

HollowHills

24 minutes ago, xking said:

Azyr is "Heavens"  

Yes, I know, and I think that's why they call it sky or zenith and not heavens, because in the end Teclis spells & abilities will be Light/Hysh affiliated and not Azyr. But of course I might be wrong. Those terms all being kind of similar. And as they have harked back quite a lot to the old HE it's possible that they also give back Teclis his old "Heavens" sword. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LuminethMage said:

Yes, I know, and I think that's why they call it sky or zenith and not heavens, because in the end Teclis spells & abilities will be Light/Hysh affiliated and not Azyr. But of course I might be wrong. Those terms all being kind of similar. And as they have harked back quite a lot to the old HE it's possible that they also give back Teclis his old "Heavens" sword. 

I'm inclined to think they'll probably forget the sword ever ran on celestial energy/shot lightning, as it wasn't specifically described as doing either from 5th and 6th edition respectively. 🤓

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, LuminethMage said:

I honestly think that the Zenith of the Luminith would be all light based stuff, considering where the sun is in our universe. I could be wrong, but it makes the most sense why wind and zenith would be separated. I am eager to see more, though!

9 minutes ago, Acid_Nine said:

I honestly think that the Zenith of the Luminith would be all light based stuff, considering where the sun is in our universe. I could be wrong, but it makes the most sense why wind and zenith would be separated. I am eager to see more, though!

Yup, I agree. But that's why it's really fun and interesting at the moment, as long as we don't know for sure, everyone has their 100% perfect Lumineth in mind. 

I think it would be weird if they have no Light magic, but then if someone just would have told me Teclis has a sphinx now, I'm not sure if I had liked that - and I really love the model  :) 

40 minutes ago, LuminethMage said:

Yup, I agree. But that's why it's really fun and interesting at the moment, as long as we don't know for sure, everyone has their 100% perfect Lumineth in mind. 

I think it would be weird if they have no Light magic, but then if someone just would have told me Teclis has a sphinx now, I'm not sure if I had liked that - and I really love the model  :) 

Yeah I've done a pretty solid 360 on Teclis. I really didn't like his model when it was first shown off, but now I'm pretty keen to get him.

• Like 2

I really want to paint him.  I enjoy painting units, but my favorite projects have always been the bigger centerpiece models.  I've painted 3, a High Elf Dragon, a Coven Throne and a Mutalith Vortex Beast.  The last two were presents for my wife, so the Dragon was the only one I really played with.  I'm looking forward to having a showpiece to lead my armies again.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Sprues&Brews said:

If anyone is interested we've put together a detailed post on the site discussing what we would love to see in the new Battletome! https://spruesandbrews.com/2020/01/30/lumineth-realm-lords-what-wed-like-to-see-in-the-new-battletome/

Just read your article, very nice. About Tyrion, he might even have saved Malhandir, as they had a special bond. So might be that Malhandir comes back together with him. I guess if they do that - probably not in its horse form, but as something else. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Double Misfire said:

Greetings coneheads.

If anyone's interested in Teclis' previous incarnations, I've just started a new blog series examining his every chronological appearance from 1992 to present. The first two parts is a little evident, but I'm currently working on posts covering his novel appearances and roles in the Storm of Chaos and End Times. Feedback as always appreciated. :) 

https://doublemisfire.blogspot.com/2020/01/great-canon-teclis-part-1-origins-1992.html

https://doublemisfire.blogspot.com/2020/01/great-canon-teclis-part-2-aenarion-1992.html

This was fantastic! Congratulations on the good work, and really looking forward to the next entry (I started playing in 6th edition, so it will be a great nostalgia trip)

9 hours ago, Acid_Nine said:

short answer: no.

Games workshop laid the ground work with having 4 aelven gods all hanging around and doing important stuff, and I believe they need to get all of those story lines wrapped up. Aelves have been the most popular armies after all, and humans have gotten a lions share of models in warcry, stormcasts and chaos. It's also some of the best fiction in all of AoS right now (imho) and I am excited to seeing and collecting more aelven models as time goes on.

But you can develop those story lines without needing to add three more armies. Malerion is the one with the biggest "claim" to have an army of his own, while Tyrion will be either part of this release or a future "expansion" of the Lumineth, and the Kurnothi should be added to Sylvaneth. I also think that putting Warcry warbands and stormcasts as "humans" is stretching the concept a bit too far. Empire players are stuck with old models and CoS, which is a great book, but probably a temporary patch till some factions in order get more developed.

Back on topic, I would prefer to see Tyrion on Malhandir. We already have Teclis with a great best next to him, and with the new "Blind warrior" concept of Tyrion I think it is better to have him either on his own or just with his loyal steed. It also provides a great contrast to his previous incarnation: where he once was proud and covered in jewels, relics of old and the curse of his ancestors, now he is more of a humble warrior who fights only if it is strictly necessary.  A Jedi-Tyrion would be amazing.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Has anyone considered the possibility that Celennar, spirit of Hysh IS Tyrion?

I know it’s a bit out there, but in the recent lore update, directly following the paragraph mentioning Teclis & Tyrion, there is the picture of Teclis & Celennar.

Celennar could be a title for all we know? And the Sphinx thing is actually Tyrion?

Would be very fitting to have the twin gods combined in the same model, rather than having 2 god level models in the same army.

Probably unlikely, just thought I’d mention it.

Anyone else notice this?

No. I clearly remember an image with Teclis in the front and Tyrion in the back. Why can't I find it? I didn't make it up.

Edit:

I don't want to sound like a conspiracy theory but here it is but it has been reduced:

image.png.4fd808a8e88d945acbde1b3037e78277.png

I am pretty sure I saw more of the character in the back. At least a face. It was signed under it it was Tyrion and Teclis.

EDIT 2:

Yup. You can see him here:

tyrion.jpg.efa5bc9683a43a88dd1095d9952a1df3.jpg

But there for sure was an image only with them two (the first picture I posted, without Tyrion cut out)

Edited by Aryann

33 minutes ago, Aryann said:

No. I clearly remember an image with Teclis in the front and Tyrion in the back. Why can't I find it? I didn't make it up.

Edit:

I don't want to sound like a conspiracy theory but here it is but it has been reduced:

I am pretty sure I saw more of the character in the back. At least a face. It was signed under it it was Tyrion and Teclis.

EDIT 2:

But there for sure was an image only with them two (the first picture I posted, without Tyrion cut out)

Isn't that Celennar? I think that, in any case, Tyrion is the face on the background that appears at the end of the video of the reveal (and who has a weird little moustache)

35 minutes ago, Aryann said:

Edit:

EDIT 2:

I’m pretty sure that’s Celennar’s head in that pic

No it's not. See the face just under "LAS VEGAS OPEN 2020". That's Tyrion. Compare his horns and fin with those seen in the big picture. He's been cut out from it. I remember I've seen it with both of them. Somebody at GW relised they haven't yet shown us Tyrion's model so they don't show his artwork anymore. Remember to click that "Thanks" button when I turn out to be right. ;)

image.png.1fe54c22b1bf82e16e39a2be42ac18bc.pngimage.png.6e3d4cd3cc20afb1bf2373fdf66817e8.png

Not identical, but looks very similar within artistic license - see the pointy ears with lots of earrings, the little upward crescent on the forehead, the big crest thing on top of the head, the banding on the horns, even the defined edge of the botton of the mask. If that's Tyrion, he's cosplaying as his brother's cat.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Tiberius501 said:

I have a question. Would it be pronounced Kel-en-nar, or Sel-en-nar?

Probably Kel-en-nar if they're sticking to the old Irish-influenced naming conventions Jes Goodwin and co would dip into for some of GW's elf factions buuuut given the predominance of lunar imagery and the sheer similarity of the name to the Greek goddess of the moon, probably Sel-en-nar.

And yeah, no way that's Tyrion, it's Celennar for sure.

Edited by sandlemad

3 minutes ago, LuminethMage said:

You mean this one, right? Pretty sure like all the others that this is Celennar. Same horns, same “helmet”, same earrings, same neck-ring, same set-up with Teclis. 

d4b7ac42.jpg

Yes, this one. The person in the back looks more humanoid to me than sphinx-like Teclis mount but maybe I am mistaken after all. 

1 hour ago, Sagittarii Orientalis said:

Were there leaks other than spearmen and lancers model for lumineth realm-lords? As a player who once collected WHFB High Elves and is delighted to see "traditional but refined" (a)elven models, I would be happy to hear news of archers and/or winged monsters.  

Not yet, currently the stuff revealed at LVO is all we've got, with GW promising they'll show more models off closer to release.

If Spearmen and Silver Helms are in, I'd be shocked if Archers weren't!