Aos 2 - Lumineth Realm-Lords Discussion

HollowHills

55 minutes ago, OkayestDM said:

Anybody else notice that they gave us a close-up of the alternate hammer guys?

I was too focused on ol' Elthy, but now that you mention it they did! I am on the fence between those weapons and the croquet mallets, but I think either is fine, and Cannot wait to see more.

Also, I think I concur with the second wave release. maybe they really are following the sisters of battle style of releasing in waves.

25 minutes ago, Koradrel of Chrace said:

I like the look of the picks much more than the hammers.   The picks look like they would punch through armor nicely!

Of course when some Elgi get their hands on hammers they go making them all fancy like. Those are clearly not picks.

Edited by Sttufe

11 minutes ago, Siegfried VII said:

Light of Eltharion's rules seem fantastic!! His actual worth though will depend on his points in my opinion.. We must also have in mind that he can be easily dealt with from mortal wound sources..

True, but we don't know the spells we have yet. if we're good with magic, then being able to deny would help stop damage, not to mention any faction rules we may have!

5 minutes ago, Acid_Nine said:

True, but we don't know the spells we have yet. if we're good with magic, then being able to deny would help stop damage, not to mention any faction rules we may have!

Agreed. My view is only based on the current information we have.. I just wanted to point this weakness to prevent people from claiming he's OP etc.. :-)

6 hours ago, Koradrel of Chrace said:

Doesn't matter.  THIS is the high elf character I wanted.  Eltharion is probably going to be my starting point for every army I build!

Now you have your reason why Tyrion is not in the army, because he kinda is 😉 : ) 

18 minutes ago, Nighthaunt Noob said:

So are we thinking the prior comment about Eltharion sharing Tyrionic and Teclian elements was misleading, or do we think Eltharion has a spell on top of all of this?

I was wondering a bit about that, but it could be still there, or they meant the shooting lights. 

Looks like they already had the starter box in their warehouse. If we get the Battletome and box at least that would really awesome. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Koradrel of Chrace said:

@Siegfried VII While it's true that he dies to Mortal Wounds, so does 99% of everything else in the game.  It'll just be a matter of picking your targets, and giving the opponent enough threat saturation that they have to make difficult descisions of what they have to stop.

His stats and few number of wounds make him a very easy choice for the opponent's mortal wounds..  Again he is awesome but we'll have to see his points to make conclusions.. ;-) 

12 minutes ago, Sleepers said:

This is very confusing to me. Does the mortal wound on a 6 happen only if he charged, or always?

742989A9-29F2-457A-B283-5D0C87672A2D.png

It is a separate sentence, it is not dependent on the qualifier in the previous one. He scores mortal wounds on 6s regardless of if he charged or not.

25 minutes ago, Arentius said:

I may be misremembering, but did GW confirm if he was coming back as a mage or not? I know several people say they did but I can't find a source for it

Nothing absolutely confirmed by GW as far as I’m aware, just hinted at. The lore said about him standing in the divide between Tyrionoc & Teclian halves of Lumineth society. The same Lumineth lowdown article mentioned that in the world that was he was the “perfect blend between supernal warrior and mage.” 
So, it’s been speculated that he will be a caster as well. I think that would be pretty sweet.