Aos 2 - Lumineth Realm-Lords Discussion

HollowHills

Just now, Koradrel of Chrace said:

I think the main thing to consider with him is going to be a delivery system.  He's still a foot hero sadly, though he'll probably have movement 6.  I think we're going to need a good battalion to go with him, too.  As awesome as he is, we'll need an artifact or two for certain scenarios.

well, remember that most of our army is on foot. He could just shore up the line and attack chaff / heroes that wander too close. 

That's a more defensive use of him than I was invisioning.  I saw him more as a character assassin.  It's kind of hidden in there, but they said that "he's a skilled duellist, increasing his damage when he fights enemy heroes."

It also makes me question the play style of the army.  Are we a pinpoint precision army, or are we a counter-punch army?

Edited by Koradrel of Chrace

1 minute ago, Koradrel of Chrace said:

That's a more defensive use of him than I was invisioning.  I saw him more as a character assassin.  It also makes me question the play style of the army.  Are we a pinpoint precision army, or are we a counter-punch army?

Why not both? We got strength, range and speed. I don;t want to sound like an Arsehole, but maybe we could look at some roman and greek tactics to get inspired? phalanx holds the line, calvary flanks and archers provide support? 

That being said, I have been rolling some dice of these stats versus Arkhan, and it can swing either way for him avenging himself against the old bone bishop. not an outright victory thanks to that ward save, but pretty darn close.

17 minutes ago, Arentius said:

So what we're saying is we want the Mirrors to get him immediately across the board and slicing people up?

well, since Ol' Elthy isn't an endless spell, we can't send him via the mirror. But, we can use the bridge to teleport him 12" up, and we can use the cogs to make him run faster.

1 minute ago, Acid_Nine said:

well, since Ol' Elthy isn't an endless spell, we can't send him via the mirror. But, we can use the bridge to teleport him 12" up, and we can use the cogs to make him run faster.

Duh, been so long i knew there was a way of getting over there. Though an argument could be made that as Teclis brought him and bound him to his Armour he is spellcraft >.> (no i'm just thick and deflecting shhhh)

I'm curious what his "bonus damage against heroes" translates to, if it's a flat +1 damage to all attacks made against heroes then he, on the charge and with average rolling, comfortably one-shots a Bloodthirster equivalent. Tanky as hell too, and the article mentioned he has a missile attack of some description. Definitely going to be 200+ points, but I'd rather pay up for awesome models with strong rules than the alternative! Definitely a prime candidate for Mystic Shield. 

Edited by Jaskier
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Koradrel of Chrace said:

With Eltharion being as awespme as he is, what are the other hero choices going to be like?  Even at 200pts, I'd say he is almost an auto-include.  That's just a lot of damage potential packed in one spot, with descent survivability.  I wonder if Teclis is going to get the same treatment?

I’m thinking he may be closer to 270ish points. Even so I’d take him every game. What a champ and such a cool model! 

Whoa! What a beast! I liked the sculpt but now with these rules, he seems an auto-include! :)  

It also says in the article that he leads the Lumineth with  'powerful telepathic commands'. Command ability shenanigans? Gonna love how this works out with the allegiance thing where we pick two units to fight for each one that the enemy does...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tiberius501 said:

At the end they also said that they’ll be talking more about the book really soon. I’m sadly hoping they’re going to release it soon. Have I jinxed it?

I don't know. I still feel like we havn't seen everything, but from what we have seen I'm liking it. I'll be wanting more units if this is all we get, but I think I'd be happy.  and we had this conversation about 20 pages back, so it's still a sore topic I bet.

34 minutes ago, Tiberius501 said:

At the end they also said that they’ll be talking more about the book really soon. I’m sadly hoping they’re going to release it soon. Have I jinxed it?

The entire last paragraph certainly heavily implies/hints that Eltharion and the book will be available pretty soon.

Te snippets of lore we’d got this last few days suggest the mountain discipline makes up the bulk of te fighters. I wish this would have been mentioned before, instead of the emphasis on the 4 elemental disciplines. The way it was handled suggests 4 different kinds of warriors. With the new lore it makes more sense we get only te mountain troops and basic troops.

allthough I think we’ll see the other disciplines in later releases. 

From the last paragraph, I actually wouldn't be surprised to see the early release collectors box, go up for preorder (maybe one of their 2 week preorder) next sunday the 17th.  With the the rest of the army getting slowly released in phases over June maybe into July.

• Thanks 1