Aos 2 - Lumineth Realm-Lords Discussion

HollowHills

On 4/29/2020 at 10:36 AM, Acid_Nine said:

if you think this is bad, try taking a course in healthcare. I had to have a note card with every acronym on  it just to read a chapter in a book on all the organizations and commities involved...

Ugh, tell me about it. At my hospital - because it's been around for so long and is expanding so damn quickly - we'll have multiple terms for specific functions and everyone seems to insist that no, their own nomenclature is the only legitmate one and only idiots use anything else.

I have to say, GW really understands how my brain works. I can't stay excited about anything for very long and I think I'm about ready to cycle back around to being interested in Lumineth again.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, LuminethMage said:

Preapare space and think about a proper display for your shiny new Lumineth? 

Get out of my head! I have been doing just that recently...

gonna paint up the old teclis to be a golden statue, and then i’m Going to work on the bigger temple using what I learned from the smaller one.

2BE7BB5C-44BD-4CD5-86BB-1806AECBFB11.jpeg

D1810061-D23E-4B31-BAB1-8631B9745BED.jpeg

• LOVE IT! 4

Also, the WD comes with a Lumineth battle report! How do you think they are going to handle this? Either the re-opening of the factory is sooner than expected, they have battleboxes in the warehouse or they are going to release the online battletome first, perhaps? (Sorry for doble post, if it is not allowed, i will edit previous one)

_0jV-3Yz~v6CkC~8.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jaskier said:

I'm hoping he's a 180+ point wizard/fighter-hybrid badass and not Vokmortian 2.0. It'll be even better if he's a generic hero for trait/artifact access, but I guess we'll see.

Good lord it would be such a letdown if he is Vokmortian levels of bad design. Don't jinx it. :(

I've always loved spellsword / magus type of characters, so I hope it goes that way. However, this Eltharion could also be just a huge melee beast, having two swords and all that. So good that they're giving us something to look forward to!

25 minutes ago, DantePQ said:

I would love him to be quite tanky like 3+ save with 4++ and 6W. 

And then he can choose a "stance" before every battleround 

- to be more killy in combat 

- to be better at spellcasting. 

That's quite possible with him being a mixture of Teclian and Tyrionic, and we already know there are stances for the Lumineth. Having a good save would also fit. Finally something real we can talk about again. 

• Like 1

I never thought that I would be sad to see new Admec news over something AoS related, but here I am, sad that there is no AOS news on Eltharion...

I just hope this guy is good. I would take an expensive model points wise if he is a monster in close combat and spell casting.

5 hours ago, Incineroar87 said:

Even though most close combat wizard hybrid characters are literally potato both at combat and magic, I really hope he has a good selling point that separates him from other choices.

Agreed GW doesn't tend to do hybrid characters well at all. Hoping they don't ruin a great looking model with trash rules.

I think one of the things they do poorly is they seem to have an unwritten rule that models of a certain number of points won't have more than "x" number of special rules. Then if one of the rules is super narrow it doesn't leave a lot else. There's nothing wrong with narrow special rules but I think they need to get more comfortable giving out more rules in situations like that.

Edited by Nighthaunt Noob

1 hour ago, Nighthaunt Noob said:

Agreed GW doesn't tend to do hybrid characters well at all. Hoping they don't ruin a great looking model with trash rules.

I think one of the things they do poorly is they seem to have an unwritten rule that models of a certain number of points won't have more than "x" number of special rules. Then if one of the rules is super narrow it doesn't leave a lot else. There's nothing wrong with narrow special rules but I think they need to get more comfortable giving out more rules in situations like that.

I'm hoping that he has a Teclis aspect and a Tyrionic aspect and that you choose which one he is using at the start of either each battleround or your turn. 

4 hours ago, Aelfric said:

I'm hoping that he has a Teclis aspect and a Tyrionic aspect and that you choose which one he is using at the start of either each battleround or your turn. 

Even if that is the case, there's the risk they overvalue the points benefit of that flexibility, or there won't be enough different between the two aspects.

36 minutes ago, Nighthaunt Noob said:

Even if that is the case, there's the risk they overvalue the points benefit of that flexibility, or there won't be enough different between the two aspects.

Well, I'm keeping my glass half-full until we find out.

I’m going to guess that his big sword will get 4 attacks of 3+/3+, -2 Rend, 2dmg. His short sword will get 3 attacks of 3+/4+, 1 dmg. He’ll have 7 wounds, 3+ save and will be able to cast 1 spell. And a couple of abilities to enhance his magic or his combat. 

• Like 2