Aos 2 - Lumineth Realm-Lords Discussion

HollowHills

4 minutes ago, ArchaicArc said:

Gw is reopening th eonline store in a limited capacity this Friday! Although I don’t know about production of new kits.... do you think this will effect the release of the lumineth?

The article has this to say about new releases:
"Our focus right now is on getting you your hobby essentials. No news on when we’ll be unleashing new releases just yet. We’ll keep you posted."

So while they are keeping it to already existing kits to begin with it is clearly a step in the right direction. It's worth to keep in mind that no one is more eager to start selling new stuff again than GW themselves, since they make a lot of their sales from new releases.

• Like 2

If I may be selfish, I just hope they have enough realm lord boxes for everyone who wants one. Would be pretty bummed out it they didn't.

still, this is pretty good news overall, and the slow open is going to mirror most places economies as we recover. there will probably be some pain to start out with, as people have markedly less disposable income depending on how hard they are hit...

21 minutes ago, Acid_Nine said:

If I may be selfish, I just hope they have enough realm lord boxes for everyone who wants one. Would be pretty bummed out it they didn't.

I came back to GW games fairly recently so I might be wrong, but don’t they usually run out of limited edition tomes and box sets very fast? I wouldn’t be surprised of they run out of Lumineth boxes quick.

21 minutes ago, Yuviel Lightbringer said:

I seem to remember the sisters of battle box vanished within 24 hours of release, and consdering how much the Lumineth were hyped as the new high elves we could see it vanish along the same lines, but we could also see it hang around because people will be put off by the stoneguard and spirits.

ironic, the very thing that split the fandom for this faction being the only thing ensuring that the people who want the box set enough can get the box set

• Like 1

I've got to admit, I am probably one of the biggest critics of the battle cattle and the cow warriors.  But the limited edition box has all of the things that I want from the army, plus a lot of bonus stuff just for buying the things I would have got anyway.  Plus, it'll give me time to see if the elements I don't like grow on me.

9 hours ago, Yuviel Lightbringer said:

I seem to remember the sisters of battle box vanished within 24 hours of release, and consdering how much the Lumineth were hyped as the new high elves we could see it vanish along the same lines, but we could also see it hang around because people will be put off by the stoneguard and spirits.

Yup, GW even posted a warning with the exact time in the different times zones so that people have a chance to order this right away. 

I don't think the Stoneguard and Mountain Spirit will make that much of a difference for the box. Most of the people who are put off by those are old High Elf fans who expected (not unreasonably) something different. But there are also many people who haven't been interested in the High Elves before but like those more AoSy units. The box doesn't include those anyway, but basically all the units old HE fans still would like to have, plus it's the base for everyone else. 

The situation being what it is, it's anyway really hard to say how the Lumineth will fare when they will be released. Do people want to spend their money on new toy soldiers right now? Or is there even more of a demand for something for a hobby like this? It will be interesting to see how this all pans out in the end.

I hope the Lumineth will be a hit, because GW and the shops now likely could need that, and it would likely lead to more Lumineth in the future. 

Edited by LuminethMage

31 minutes ago, LuminethMage said:

Yup, GW even posted a warning with the exact time in the different times zones so that people have a chance to order this right away. 

I don't think the Stoneguard and Mountain Spirit will make that much of a difference for the box. Most of the people who are put off by those are old High Elf fans who expected (not unreasonably) something different. But there are also many people who haven't been interested in the High Elves before but like those more AoSy units. The box doesn't include those anyway, but basically all the units old HE fans still would like to have, plus it's the base for everyone else. 

The situation being what it is, it's anyway really hard to say how the Lumineth will fare when they will be released. Do people want to spend their money on new toy soldiers right now? Or is there even more of a demand for something for a hobby like this? It will be interesting to see how this all pans out in the end.

I hope the Lumineth will be a hit, because GW and the shops now likely could need that, and it would likely lead to more Lumineth in the future. 

Do you have the post for the exact time?

Yeah, that was for the Sisters of Battle. But I imagine it will be very similar.  You'll get a week in advance to get it right :) (if they do the same thing for the Lumineth). 

Here is the link to that WC article: Sisters of Battle Box Release

Btw. Not really news, because Phil Kelly already mentioned the same thing in the 1st preview, but a writer working on the Soulbound AOS RPG who already has the Luminth Battletome mentioned that: "The angry cow mountain is legit frightening." ... "I would bet on it 10 times out of 10, against a Bloodthirster. Get it? That frightening." 🐃🔨 

• LOVE IT! 2

8 minutes ago, LuminethMage said:

"The angry cow mountain is legit frightening." ... "I would bet on it 10 times out of 10, against a Bloodthirster. Get it? That frightening."

Ooooooh fancy. Perhaps get a few to convert for a SoB army? Have an army of giants from every GA, except Death, coz they lame and have no giants😪

• Haha 1

I will be getting the battle cattle probably multiple  as I love the models and love big monsters however beating up a bloodthirster isn’t really a tough yard stick. 

its 14 wounds on a 4+ and some of the cheapest monsters out there (Khorne being my main army). Bloodthirsters are far more finesse monsters than others either setting up pile in shenanigans using an unfettered or big hits against MSU with a rage thirster. The only one who can just smash people is Skarbrand and he’s still terrible on defence. 

If it was a MBoMK or FLoSH then that would be impressive. 

Edited by Reuben Parker

15 minutes ago, ArchaicArc said:

Haha, Jesus, thanks, I wouldn’t have guessed that in a million years.

Sorry they’re all armies I play so used to using the acronyms but wasn’t really thinking, should have put the full names. 

My real hope for the cows beyond some good swings with the big hammer is something like a 3+ save 14 wound profile with a defensive ability (wound shrug, save re roll something like that). 

2 hours ago, ArchaicArc said:

The acronyms on this website are getting ridiculous.

if you think this is bad, try taking a course in healthcare. I had to have a note card with every acronym on  it just to read a chapter in a book on all the organizations and commities involved...

Anyways, I am excited to know if that dude meant the named character being badass, but I hope the regular battle cattle is amazing. I love monsters, and I think it would be fun to play one or two of those. I just want more rules, as I'm dying without knowing how i'm going to build my army!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ArchaicArc said:

I just ordered the core book today, any tips ye lads can give me on preparing myself for age of sigmar as I wait for the lumineth to drop???

Hey, there are loads of really good YouTube channels with Battle Reports on there. They give you a feel of how the game works and shows you the rules in action. You also get to see lots of armies in all their glory! My favourite is MiniWarGaming but Rerolling Ones is good too, and there are plenty others. I've gotten quite addicted to them during lockdown.

• Like 1

If you still have grey stuff lying around, try out some colour schemes you’d like to do?

Train your retorts to cow jokes? 

Preapare space and think about a proper display for your shiny new Lumineth? 

If you haven’t seen those yet, there are two rather long and enthusiastic discussions on the Lumineth on Twitch/YouTube on Mephisto’s “Rantcast” (not much of a preparation though, more under the kill time until we get news rubric). 

• Like 1