Aos 2 - Lumineth Realm-Lords Discussion

HollowHills

11 hours ago, Damosane said:

There was a crab claw this week that that looked strikingly similar to the vampire coast leviathan from Warhammer total war 2, there was also what looked like a cannon with barnacles on not long back.

I'm trying to maintain my hype for lumineth but unfortunately Gws tactics seem to be having the opposite effect of hype on me. I'm not a child who needs to be teased like it's Christmas just show me the range and if I want to buy it I will wait 😂

Sadly the cannon with barnacles was on the SoB, so I don't think that one is included.

As there are no news, lets speculate a bit more about what might be still coming (also a good opportunity to look at that awesome picture again 😄). In the photo shot with the alternative hammer models, there are two very blurry things in the background, which could be endless spells or terrain pieces. 

One is located right above the left wing of Celennar. I've not seen anything like that as just normal background terrain in any of the other photos they have shown us so far. Of course it's really blurry and they haven't shown us many photos at all, but it seem to be quite distinctive. 

The other one is even more vague, but it looks like there is something at the base of the mountain. Might be nothing, but then the whole mountain could be a terrain piece or endless spell. The mountain token we have seen has a similar shape, we just saw the Hammerhal joke about the "non-moving" mountains, and HE had a spell way back in the day where they could move a hill. Of course the joke could very much just refer to the mountain spirits. 

8A9280BA-7FE1-4F3B-9322-DA82B1F45379.jpeg.b75b492532a983a5fcf62634f97727ac.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LuminethMage said:

As there are no news, lets speculate a bit more about what might be still coming (also a good opportunity to look at that awesome picture again 😄). In the photo shot with the alternative hammer models, there are two very blurry things in the background, which could be endless spells or terrain pieces. 

One is located right above the left wing of Celennar. I've not seen anything like that as just normal background terrain in any of the other photos they have shown us so far. Of course it's really blurry and they haven't shown us many photos at all, but it seem to be quite distinctive. 

The other one is even more vague, but it looks like there is something at the base of the mountain. Might be nothing, but then the whole mountain could be a terrain piece or endless spell. The mountain token we have seen has a similar shape, we just saw the Hammerhal joke about the "non-moving" mountains, and HE had a spell way back in the day where they could move a hill. Of course the joke could very much just refer to the mountain spirits. 

8A9280BA-7FE1-4F3B-9322-DA82B1F45379.jpeg.b75b492532a983a5fcf62634f97727ac.jpeg

Actually in that left hand circle is looking like a rather large, heroic, armored figure, holding a sword of some kind. Not the same silhouette as the mountain spirit, but of similar size you take into account elevation and how far back it is.

I will have to take back what I said about those hammer heads. They are all using the same (different) hammer design so it's definitely something more than just visual variation. Alternative weapon option seems likely, though it will be interesting to see how they differ from the other hammers, they are both fairly similar-sized hammers after all.

I'd assume one ist -1 2 damage plus some 6+MW rule and the other -2 d3. That's statistically close against most saves and kind of the current trend on many "elite" model.

I'm reeeeeaaaaly curious how tough they will be. I have no idea what they want to do ruleswise without losing the aelf feel. Too high saves isn't aelf-y, save after  save is the phoenix guard shtick and a lot of wounds doesn't quite fit, too. Then again -1 to hit doesn't seem mountain-y at all...

Edited by Lucur

1 hour ago, Lucur said:

I'd assume one ist -1 2 damage plus some 6+MW rule and the other -2 d3. That's statistically close against most saves and kind of the current trend on many "elite" model.

I'm reeeeeaaaaly curious how tough they will be. I have no idea what they want to do ruleswise without losing the aelf feel. Too high saves isn't aelf-y, save after  save is the phoenix guard shtick and a lot of wounds doesn't quite fit, too. Then again -1 to hit doesn't seem mountain-y at all...

I don't think they're worried about the Alarith dudes not being "classically elfy" (unlike the core spears/archers/cav), nor do I think they care about taking the Phoenix Guards shtick at this point...

Here's some "fun" speculation - predict the dual kits! Or just wish-list.

I'm really hoping that Dawnriders have an archer variant.

Also hoping that the Stoneguard have a Swordmaster variant with big plumes and whopping great sun-swords.

Not so outlandish when you consider who many dual-kits the brand new AOS factions contain, and the only one confirmed for the Lumineth so far is the battle cattle.

1 hour ago, NorthernNurgling said:

Also hoping that the Stoneguard have a Swordmaster variant with big plumes and whopping great sun-swords.

Not so outlandish when you consider who many dual-kits the brand new AOS factions contain, and the only one confirmed for the Lumineth so far is the battle cattle.

Considering that stone guard have 2 weapon options already shown, making them dual kit as well seems odd as the sheer number of parts on the sprue would be massive.

5 minutes ago, Yuviel Lightbringer said:

Considering that stone guard have 2 weapon options already shown, making them dual kit as well seems odd as the sheer number of parts on the sprue would be massive.

I'm not so sure, kits like Tzaangor or Kurnoth for instance have massive amounts of options, you have so much spare left when you finish a unit it feels like half the box is still unused.

6 hours ago, NorthernNurgling said:

Dawnrider archers would be cool, as would some kind of swordmaster unit! I'd love a sword-wielding unit/weapon option from any of the previewed kits, really--aelven swords, especially in the style of the old High Elf blades, are my jam. Using Dawnriders or the spearmen would also be a good base. The Dawnriders are already shown with a sword on the unit leader, but so are Kavalos Deathriders for Ossiarchs, and they have two weapon options as well. As for the spearmen, sword and board legions fighting in formation would be really cool.

Other than that, my big wish is basically just for a badass mounted warrior hero, and maybe a monster that is more on the bestial side than the battle cattle--a big dragon or lion or eagle creature, basically.

If we get some or all of these, I'm probably getting Lumineth as my second army. If we don't, I'll be either going with another option and waiting to see what Malerion's aelves are like...

• Like 2

due to the lack of lowdown’s that have been posted, I have an interesting thought. Were we supposed to have the release by now? Or is it because the people who write them can’t work because of the lock down?

i mean they could work from home, but I don’t know if GW trusts people enough to take an unreleased battle tome home and not have it get leaked online by an employee...

Edited by Acid_Nine

5 minutes ago, Acid_Nine said:

due to the lack of lowdown’s that have been posted, I have an interesting thought. Were we supposed to have the release by now? Or is it because the people who write them can’t work because of the lock down?

i mean they could work from home, but I don’t know if GW trusts people enough to take an unreleased battle tome home and not have it get leaked online by an employee...

There were rumours floating around that Psychic Awakening: Engine War might get released digitally before the physical copies, but that one was debuked. 

GW appears to do most of their printing in China (CHY-NAH), so the book itself has presumably been ready for months now. 

6 hours ago, Acid_Nine said:

The starter box would likely haven been released around this time.

We can only speculate why they don’t put out any news. As the UK doesn’t even have a plan yet when the restrictions are lessened, it’s difficult. I think they should put out some news at least (another rule, or warscroll, or something like the difference between the two hammer models we know, or if they go with lore, one of the Teclian nations for example). But we don’t know if they can’t do anything, don’t think it’s a priority right now, or just need a bit of time to re-plan things before they start putting out information again. 

• Sad 1

GW is working on re-starting production. That's why I think they don't wanna tease/preview more stuff now. I think They will start shipping stuff in 2-4 weeks from now, and then new releases will follow. 

I think they are saving rest of Lumineth for pre-release hype. If shipping starts in May (likely end of May) I think during May preview they will reveal Lumineth range and then follow it with pre-release articles. 

It's speculation but would't suprise me at all if Army Box is up for preorders on May30th (so it makes sense if preview is May23th), and then rest of range will follow in June and July. 

I doubt they wanna preview more armies etc if they can start deliveries farily soon.  

1 hour ago, DantePQ said:

GW is working on re-starting production. That's why I think they don't wanna tease/preview more stuff now. I think They will start shipping stuff in 2-4 weeks from now, and then new releases will follow. 

That sounds incredibly optimistic. Do you have any sources for that or are you just speculating? Given that the UK is still in lockdown and looking like it will remain so for a while yet I can’t see GW getting back to production any time soon.

They asked independent stores to send them whatever they need to be delivered to them from GW like few days ago. So certainly they're preparing to do some deliveries in few weeks. UK is another lockdown for 2 more weeks and given that GW introduce safety measures they could be allowed to restart warehouses and delivery.  

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Overread said:

GW likely wants to pool as much "customers want this" data as they can get so that they can make the first things hot off the manufacture line being exactly what customers want right now. 

Surely, but also a lot of people forget that they can reopen warehouses, delivery centre, production line under the lockdown if the assure that all workers are 2m apart etc and all other strickt safety protocols, maybe they weren't able to do this so far but are working to fullfill all requirements.