Aos 2 - Lumineth Realm-Lords Discussion

HollowHills

@woolfFor sure it’d make total sense, if you jump back 20 or 30 pages you’ll see that some of us who are now in the skeptical corner about a second elemental faction with this release (or much else coming at all) were advocating exactly this enthusiastically. Also thing like the quotation analysis Falkman did on the last page. We did that sometime in February/March already. 

And because nothing much besides constant teasing and going back and forth happened in the end, became a bit jaded. That’s where some of the divide right now among people is originating. 

It would make sense if they’d release a second elemental faction, including or excluding Tyrion, or only add a few more kits. 

Let’s see. I’d be happy if you are right and she is part of an elemental faction : ) 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, LuminethMage said:

@woolfFor sure it’d make total sense, if you jump back 20 or 30 pages you’ll see that some of us who are now in the skeptical corner about a second elemental faction with this release (or much else coming at all) were advocating exactly this enthusiastically. Also thing like the quotation analysis Falkman did on the last page. We did that sometime in February/March already. 

And because nothing much besides constant teasing and going back and forth happened in the end, became a bit jaded. That’s where some of the divide right now among people is originating. 

It would make sense if they’d release a second elemental faction, including or excluding Tyrion, or only add a few more kits. 

Let’s see. I’d be happy if you are right and she is part of an elemental faction : ) 

haha gotya, TBH i havent read all that has been written here although I visit the forum from time to time. Quite recently got into AOS actually by picking up some deepkin (im mainly on the hobby side rather than the gaming side although still enjoy the game as well ofc) and I also quite like these guys so will probably pick up some of them :)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ArchaicArc said:

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. Our core units are some of the best in the game, the spearmen, The archers and the cavalry are ASTOUNDINGLY well designed.

Totally agree with this. It's making me think that I might split the difference here.

Why not take the beautiful core units, tweak them, and add them to a Cities of Sigmar list? Nobody can accuse that faction of being anaemic. Then leave the cows and Teclis to the Lumineth loyalists, and enjoy your new aelf-themed city.

8 hours ago, NorthernNurgling said:

Totally agree with this. It's making me think that I might split the difference here.

Why not take the beautiful core units, tweak them, and add them to a Cities of Sigmar list? Nobody can accuse that faction of being anaemic. Then leave the cows and Teclis to the Lumineth loyalists, and enjoy your new aelf-themed city.

Now, now, now, the last post in the CoS section was last Saturday, whereas I wouldn't call our forum anaemic. Granted, it's mostly infighting and people like me sulking in a corner, but there is still a lot going on here! Even without any real news since the last article about Hysh. I think in the end a lot of people will like the Lumineth for what they are. And after the release it looks like the faction forums mostly talk about list-building, so a lot will depend on how many interesting options there are. 

I totally agree with your CoS army idea though. For people who really don't like Teclis and the mountain sub-faction, it's a good alternative to play with the models they like while building  their own story around that. Because even if there are a few more models for the LRL, I doubt you will be able to play the Lumineth in a meaningful way excluding all the Alarith models (at least for the first year or more). 

That's one of the great things about the AoS setting, it's so vast and still a bit mysterious that you can do pretty much whatever you want and still at least partly base it on the official fluff. 

1 hour ago, LuminethMage said:

Yeah I hoped they'd release the BT in digital form too. I love the whole range of units, and also the lore behind them.  Can't wait to get them all.

But it's good that people who don't like parts of them, can find other ways to enjoy the figures they like. 

What if they didnt released the ebook to not spoil unrevealed units!

/and the cycle begins again

• Haha 1

Could be of course. As the stopped providing anything new in terms of units since the first big preview, they either don't have anything anymore of just don't want to show it before they have a concrete release schedule. A lot of people have been asking on all kind of platforms without getting anywhere, so we have to wait and see. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I'm really curious for the profile of the stoneguard. They are described pretty much as an anvil unit, but to me they look more like a hammer. Yeah, i made that one up myself :P Since they don't bear shields i'd assume there's some aetherquartz related magic that makes them hard to shift? Just don't make me babysit an elite unit with a hero as hearthguard do, that'd be borong as hell...

56 minutes ago, Lucur said:

I'm really curious for the profile of the stoneguard. They are described pretty much as an anvil unit, but to me they look more like a hammer. Yeah, i made that one up myself :P Since they don't bear shields i'd assume there's some aetherquartz related magic that makes them hard to shift? Just don't make me babysit an elite unit with a hero as hearthguard do, that'd be borong as hell...

They mentioned in the preview, that the Stoneguard needs to be in the mountain stance to be a proper anvil. This could mean something resource based (like they have to use one of the aetherquartz tokens we saw), or maybe condition-based (not have moved the previous round etc.) . GW also mentioned that there are synergies between all the Alarith units to get out the most of the Stoneguard. So I think there'll be babysitting involved. 

19 hours ago, Incineroar87 said:

Good point about the Sylvaneth because they squeeze a lot from their waracroll numbers.

They do. They also, arguably, have one of the worst battletomes. 

I'm holding on to the review of the Lumineth battletome before committing. I can coerce myself into getting those new figs I'm not so enthusiastic about if the play well (by well, I mean fun, not necessarily competitive).

The past 12 months have seen some really weak tomes playing-wise. And structurally problematic ones too. We might get one of the best and balanced battletomes going so even with the low unit variety, the battle cattle and all that cow-fu, Lumineth might be a great fun faction to play with.

Or... it might not.

Time will tell. And let's face it, right now we have all the time in the world.

****** it... I had a kind of relief when I was first disappointed with the reveals. Meant I didn’t need to spend more of my rapidly depleting savings. But now that I’m keen on them again my lack of patience is head butting me.

I want my Aelven Battle Cattle! 

Edited by Tiberius501
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

For actual product in hand we are going to have to wait until at the very earliest June-July, but likely much later than that. So regardless of spoilers etc (which we of course all want more of) it's going to be a long time yet until we can actually play these guys.

1 hour ago, Tiberius501 said:

****** it... I had a kind of relief when I was first disappointed with the reveals. Meant I didn’t need to spend more of my rapidly depleting savings. But now that I’m keen on them again my lack of patience is head butting me.

I want my Aelven Battle Cattle! 

I’d lend you some of my aetherquartz, but I’ve run out of my approved monthly portion a week ago. Damn Reinvention. 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Tiberius501 said:

Yeah I love the battle cattle.

Well that is in my brain now.

Re: The Stoneguard, I wonder if their stances will have similar rules to the OBR big dudes (not a fan, don't know the name)  And I would imagine they'll be accompanied by the errr.. Stonemage, for buffs etc.

Edited by NorthernNurgling
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, NorthernNurgling said:

Well that is in my brain now.

Re: The Stoneguard, I wonder if their stances will have similar rules to the OBR big dudes (not a fan, don't know the name)  And I would imagine they'll be accompanied by the errr.. Stonemage, for buffs etc.

Belicose Battle Bovines?

Between the long wait for lumineth, the horrible drip reveal strategy and the two rumour engines that heavily look like vampire coast is coming I am very torn at the moment.

Does anyone know any armies that can be built fairly elite and cheap preferably with start collecting or something to tide me over until something new gets released ? 

4 hours ago, Damosane said:

Between the long wait for lumineth, the horrible drip reveal strategy and the two rumour engines that heavily look like vampire coast is coming I am very torn at the moment.

Does anyone know any armies that can be built fairly elite and cheap preferably with start collecting or something to tide me over until something new gets released ? 

There isn’t really cheap armies around thanks to GW’s shareholders not wanting to lower prices, but if you want some semblance of elite stuff then maybe Ogor Mawtribes could work for you. Really is a discussion for general topics though.

kinda sad we didn’t get the bi-weekly cockatrice tease with a lowdown. Did the hyish article count last week and we are SOL?

1 minute ago, Falkman said:

Oooh which ones are those? I loved the vampire coast stuff back in the WHFB days, would be amazing to see it again!

There was a crab claw this week that that looked strikingly similar to the vampire coast leviathan from Warhammer total war 2, there was also what looked like a cannon with barnacles on not long back.

I'm trying to maintain my hype for lumineth but unfortunately Gws tactics seem to be having the opposite effect of hype on me. I'm not a child who needs to be teased like it's Christmas just show me the range and if I want to buy it I will wait 😂