Aos 2 - Lumineth Realm-Lords Discussion

HollowHills

Yay, we are back! Here is a edited map of Hysh with an explanation of the Runes. So we have all of the 4 elements there either mentioned (or as a picture). 

Credit for the rune explanations go to PrussianWarfare and FrekyDoogal of the Age fo Soulbound Discord. I just copied it from there. 

The article kind of made me think we won't see Tyrion in the end with this release. But hopefully at least another element. 

Anyway, exciting stuff.

20200408_182623.png

Edited by LuminethMage
Spelling
  • Like 5

4871f98b.gif.9b7a0a623e461728cf7875a16d8cbd3a.gif

I was toying around with different color Shemes and concider a Wood-Ealv Inspired Theme as quite fancy. As Kurnothi may never appear, and I also dislike the Satyr-Features, I belive that Lumineth with an less fancy color sheme could be exactly what I was dreaming of for a long time

• Like 3

I wonder how  they will choose subfactions, but it seems there are 5 subfactions in the book (Teclis ones), I think we will get allegiance abilities for Moon faction that enables to choose one of 5 subfactions, and when updated book is released we will have a choice of Sun/Moon and depending on it - one of 5 subfactions for each.

The weirdest thing is that people on FB and reddit  are complaining that "if those are peaceful paradises, then there's no place for conflict" . The problem is that GW never stated the paradises are peaceful. That's just a name of those districts like counties, voyvodeships, cantons.... There's nothing more to that.

• Like 3

We have pictures of Lumineth fighting against Chaos and Orruks, the Cypher Lords are from Hysh, in one of the lowdowns they mentioned the nations of the Lumineth are a total shitshow, with magical hazard no go zones, and their bases consist of ruins. I’m sure there will be enough conflict.

And that is before Slaanesh is even freed. Also, they’ll stay vague enough so that no one really knows how large these islands are, in order to leave enough room for speculation and personal stories. As people mentioned in the rumour threat, the Lumineth are likely only nominally in charge of all that territory, not really controlling everything.

But hey, we have seen some awesome stuff in the last few days, I’m really excited at the moment. Looks like we have some thrilling weeks ahead. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, LuminethMage said:

with magical hazard no go zones,

Yeah, like in Discworld. Full of giant wizard towers and almost no sensible laws of physics because in ages past a bunch of arrogant mages high on big amounts of magic energy started a fight. Maybe similarly, a gathering of wizards is called "a war" in Hysh.

• Haha 2

yea, I bet the twins are really hating that they started to call their kingdoms "paradises" before the Age of Chaos. I bet they're kicking themselves in the butt for coming up with a name that could please Malerion with it's irony now that chaos invaded.

Also, I'm kinda happy that of all the Relms, Hysh is the most mapped out. Gives me a happy image of teclis himself mapping out his relm while tyrion is bored out of his mind looking through Teclis's eyes.

speaking of which, since they are keeping Tyrion's blindness do you think he found a way to link with other things or spirits? I always imagined he had a sort of priest class where he could use a spell to see through their eyes, having a sort of body guard or something where he can jump between points of view or see through all of them at once. heck, if he has a bird spirit with him then I'd imagine he would use that a lot for his vision.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Part of me wants to get the "it's in the box" BOX and make an army painted like Riders of Rohan with warm and earthy colours or go straight of Wood Elves with the paint scheme 😁. I think that those who said to wait until we see other paint schemes were onto something!

13 minutes ago, Acid_Nine said:

yea, I bet the twins are really hating that they started to call their kingdoms "paradises" before the Age of Chaos. I bet they're kicking themselves in the butt for coming up with a name that could please Malerion with it's irony now that chaos invaded.

Also, I'm kinda happy that of all the Relms, Hysh is the most mapped out. Gives me a happy image of teclis himself mapping out his relm while tyrion is bored out of his mind looking through Teclis's eyes.

speaking of which, since they are keeping Tyrion's blindness do you think he found a way to link with other things or spirits? I always imagined he had a sort of priest class where he could use a spell to see through their eyes, having a sort of body guard or something where he can jump between points of view or see through all of them at once. heck, if he has a bird spirit with him then I'd imagine he would use that a lot for his vision.

It specifically said he can only see through Teclis I think, I really love the idea of him having that whole blind samurai thing going on and casting a sun/light spell to blind his opponents so they fight on equal ground 

23 hours ago, Khaedhras said:

I also like this color scheme, it's so warm :)

There is one other thing I can't unsee. Obviously, wild speculation ahead. While the part on the right of the illustration, which corresponds to the Teclian nations based on the river in the center island, is all depicted in blues, the part on the left which is supposed to be Tyrionic is depicted in warm yellows and oranges as the one from this particular soldier...

9J_w_C6it1~F_Y7e.jpg

On top of that, I don't think we have seen that soldier yet. We have seen the pikemen, the riders, the hammerers, and that's it for infantry (I think). What this guy could be is a much more Tyrion inspired section of the army.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Sttufe said:

On top of that, I don't think we have seen that soldier yet. We have seen the pikemen, the riders, the hammerers, and that's it for infantry (I think). What this guy could be is a much more Tyrion inspired section of the army.

Fingers crossed for you being right! It does remind me of the leader of the lancers though (in the sense that the miniature wields a sword and sports the same kind of crest).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Khaedhras said:

Fingers crossed for you being right! It does remind me of the leader of the lancers though (in the sense that the miniature wields a sword and sports the same kind of crest).

It's that shield that I am looking at, as it looks the same as the pikemens shields so i think it could very well be a dual kit for the pike men into more of a swordsmen unit.

5 minutes ago, Sttufe said:

It's that shield that I am looking at, as it looks the same as the pikemens shields so i think it could very well be a dual kit for the pike men into more of a swordsmen unit.

Maybe! They do have swords strapped to their backs, so it's perfectly valid (and my probable go-to, in case it is an option).

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Sttufe said:

In fact now that I look at the swordsman, he looks like he has a two-piece pike/pole strapped to his back!

I think that is a back banner, like the phalanx leader has. It's more eastern than western, but I think it's to show the squad leaders without a banner.

• Like 1

I also thought it’s a High Warden from Iliatha, the matriarchal nation they mention above the picture.

The High Warden model has the shield strapped to the back and a lantern in her hand. We also have seen one option with a lantern and wand. Maybe there is sword/shield option too.

6 hours ago, Damosane said:

It specifically said he can only see through Teclis I think, I really love the idea of him having that whole blind samurai thing going on and casting a sun/light spell to blind his opponents so they fight on equal ground 

If they are fighting Tyrion they will never be on equal ground. 😁

• LOVE IT! 1

I'm really interested in what they've come up with for the Stonemage.

The whole "controls gravity" could lend it self to super interesting stuff. In the end it could just turn out to be bombarding opponents with rocks (which is also fun to be fair), but it also could be stuff like movement control of opponents (lifting them up in the air and slamming them down), or controlling flying units and a lot of other possibilities. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, LuminethMage said:

I'm really interested in what they've come up with for the Stonemage.

The whole "controls gravity" could lend it self to super interesting stuff. In the end it could just turn out to be bombarding opponents with rocks (which is also fun to be fair), but it also could be stuff like movement control of opponents (lifting them up in the air and slamming them down), or controlling flying units and a lot of other possibilities. 

It would be nice if they coud pick terrain up and move it out of (or in) the way. 

So just some additional speculation. They have shown us now three art pieces of spearmen, which maybe don’t correspond so much to the elements as many of us thought at first, but More likely to the 4 nations.

We had the blue/gold spearman with the mountain rune on his chest plate. This seems to be the art piece showing the generic colour scheme which is also shown on the models. This represents the nation of Ymetrica. Because in the first preview Phil Kelly mentioned that Avalenor the Stoneheart King is from that nation. 

Then we had the red/golden colour scheme (the “Zenith” warden), which I think represents Zaitrek as their spells seem to have something to do with fire. 

And the spearmen (if that’s what she is) they depicted in the Hysh preview is likely from Iliatha, the matriarchal nation. 

Now, Ymetrica’s seems to be very much connected to the mountain spirit. The other nations don’t seem to have that close of a connection to one of the elements. 

17 minutes ago, ArchaicArc said:

What are the chances of actually seeing something new soon, or is it strictly next weekend?

I think next weekend is the most likely, but that's still fairly soon.  I quite like getting little snippets on a regular basis - it means there's something to digest and something to look forward to.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

58 minutes ago, ArchaicArc said:

What are the chances of actually seeing something new soon, or is it strictly next weekend?

Well, there is a preview tomorrow I believe, as announced last Saturday. I would just love to see the entire thing now. dunno about anyone else I am pretty tired of speculation and of people talking about teclis's face...