Aos 2 - Lumineth Realm-Lords Discussion

HollowHills

Additionally ,I tried to ask if they had more Lumineth Lowdowns planned (since this last one was the first that didnt say, more in a few weeks, or some version thereof)

All I got was an "It's not impossible!"

Frustratingly vague even on the new article question.

19 minutes ago, Athrawes said:

Additionally ,I tried to ask if they had more Lumineth Lowdowns planned (since this last one was the first that didnt say, more in a few weeks, or some version thereof)

All I got was an "It's not impossible!"

Frustratingly vague even on the new article question.

If this is all that comes out, I am fine with it as a range. Anything else is going to be a bonus for me. But all this teasing from GW is killing me. On the one hand, they seem to be saving something up for a last big reveal. On the other hand we've seen the battletome artwork, the photos inside the battletome. the concept art, the studio shots etc. and no hint of any additional models in there. I alternate between "that's it, man, get over it" and "ZENITH EAGLE RIDERS TYRION YAAAAAS" every 10 minutes. 

2 minutes ago, NorthernNurgling said:

If this is all that comes out, I am fine with it as a range. Anything else is going to be a bonus for me. But all this teasing from GW is killing me. On the one hand, they seem to be saving something up for a last big reveal. On the other hand we've seen the battletome artwork, the photos inside the battletome. the concept art, the studio shots etc. and no hint of any additional models in there. I alternate between "that's it, man, get over it" and "ZENITH EAGLE RIDERS TYRION YAAAAAS" every 10 minutes. 

I am sort of the same, whilst I love everything they have showed so far and will happly settle for it, I do keep thinking to myself, "Just one more, you can show just one more unit. Please."

Very interesting, apparently Zaitrec and Illiatha, which people suspected were the names of the other elemental cuts from the box set teaser video (they were on the magic/equipment cards) are in fact the names of Continents in Hysh.

92020661_1237214269808851_3740110499778396160_o.jpg

-9pVQ0w-_4LoO-o2.jpg

Also, I find it very cool that the realm of Hysh is actually shaped like the symbol for Hysh, seen in the upper left corner.

Excellent!

Edited by Athrawes
  • Like 2

So it seems that the different subfactions of the army are going to be the nations in the Ten Paradises. In the video of the battllebox we only saw glimpses of Teclian ones, but only 4 subfactions would be weird.  If we get all 8 I think that a Tyrion release is not impossible.

1 minute ago, Thaliontil said:

So it seems that the different subfactions of the army are going to be the nations in the Ten Paradises. In the video of the battllebox we only saw glimpses of Teclian ones, but only 4 subfactions would be weird.  If we get all 8 I think that a Tyrion release is not impossible.

It may also include Xintil or Haixiah, but 4 is not unprecedented (Seraphon most recently only have 4 IIRC). 8+ subfactions would be.

I'm not holding out hope for Tyrion this release, but I wouldn't be surprised by one more elementari temple.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, chosen_of_khaine said:

It may also include Xintil or Haixiah, but 4 is not unprecedented (Seraphon most recently only have 4 IIRC). 8+ subfactions would be.

I'm not holding out hope for Tyrion this release, but I wouldn't be surprised by one more elementari temple.

I suspect there will be 5 subfactions, the 4 outer teclian nations plus the centre nation but other than that I would agree with what you say here.

This article is way better than the last Lowdowns... a lot to love in the fluff for Hysh. The ‘magical cloning’ but sounds fun. 
what I also like is there are 10 paradises, just like Ulthuan had 10 kingdoms. And one of them is matriarchal, which somehow reminds me of Avelorn. 

The color scheme in the artwork is also really cool. 

• Like 5

58 minutes ago, Aloth_Corfiser said:

The beauty and perfection is soo welcome! 😍 Such nice Colours. A Sword! You know what I always liked about GW's Elves was that they use straight Swords.

just beautiful aaa.jpg

I also like this color scheme, it's so warm :)

There is one other thing I can't unsee. Obviously, wild speculation ahead. While the part on the right of the illustration, which corresponds to the Teclian nations based on the river in the center island, is all depicted in blues, the part on the left which is supposed to be Tyrionic is depicted in warm yellows and oranges as the one from this particular soldier...

9J_w_C6it1~F_Y7e.jpg

2 hours ago, Thiagoma said:
" We will have to wait and see if there is more or not...."

FB response to the question if there are more models on this release.

And a "who knows" about Tyrion.

Honestly if they're being evasive about it that's a good sign. Normally if the answer is "No" they'll either say that upfront or shift the topic to something they can say something positive about.

Sudden Hysh article today was unexpected, and welcome.

4 hours ago, Sleepers said:

Different hammers!?

CFE8C19A-D3E9-43CC-8DD8-63AB31F97B60.png

I bloody love these guys and the helmets don't even bother me, if anyone can be balanced with a giant hammer and an unweildy helmet it's someone who has spent who knows how long dedicating themselves to becoming the embodiment of  a mountain 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Damosane said:

I bloody love these guys and the helmets don't even bother me, if anyone can be balanced with a giant hammer and an unweildy helmet it's someone who has spent who knows how long dedicating themselves to becoming the embodiment of  a mountain 

Also as AoS is a land of magic you can just say the helmets are made out of magical materials that weigh less than a grain of sand. 

20 hours ago, SanguinaryAxiom said:

On another note. I think this has probably been mentioned before, but...

What we have seen thus far is basic infantry, cavalry, archers and the Light of Eltharion. These are the generic, non-elemental models.

Then come the stone mage, hammerers and the battle bovines. Mountain.

Do you think that the rest of the elements will follow the same pattern? That being one Special unit (hammerers), one hero (mage) and one big/special model (battle cows)?

So you fill your battleline troops with the generics, and then spice it up with an elemental unit or two.

This way, we can still see one more elemental aspect released (that's 3 warscrolls, not unreasonable), maybe more.

Teclis is an exception, as he has mastered (and therefore encompases) all the elements. He will be the only God tier release (Tyrion will just steal some of his spotlight).

I like the elegance of it. This way we could be getting a min. of 3 releases and a max. of 9.

Just wanted to chip in on the speculation.

Sorry for quoting myself (narcissistic of me), but paraphrasing this wall of text would be too much.

I still have a nagging feeling this is the likely outcome. Bear in mind I have no insider knowledge or experience with these matters, just a hunch.

Maybe Tyrion will be released, but how likely is it that they will release 2 God Tier units for 1 army at once?

Believe me, I would love to see him, but I'm just not sure.

Apologies for hitting you with another wall of text.

So speaks SanguinaryAxiom, predictor of nothing 😁

Man, All this Geography dropped on us today. I both love it an a little weirded out by it. On one hand it's nice having a map that shows where exactly our nations are, and how many continents there are. On the other hand it kinda makes Hysh feel small? I have no sense of scale, so I have no clue if the realm is as huge as the Warhammer world or like, the size of North America.  I don't know if we had a map of the realm for anywhere else, but I'm glad it's not left entirely left to our imagination if that makes sense? 

Some more cities or some sense of scale would have been nice, but I like what we got so far. Don't know if I like the Iliatha faction we focused on , but I expect that there will be one that I like more.  

Also, I see why the Rivers represent water more than oceans, because dear lord depending on the scale of this map those "rivers" are more like oceans by  themselves! could they even be called "rivers" at this point? or are they literally oceans?

5 minutes ago, Yuviel Lightbringer said:

I suspect it is supposed to emulate a Bec-de-corbin hammer from the middle-ages

bec-de-corbin.jpg

You may be right, but we don't have a clear picture of a whole weapon.  So I looked at the two parts of each weapon from the two models, which give us a look at a front half and a back half both of which consist of spikes.  Unless one of them is holding it the wrong way round, this implies to me a pick-axe shape.

Edited by Aelfric

4 minutes ago, Aelfric said:

You may be right, but we don't have a clear picture of a whole weapon.  So I looked at the two parts of each weapon from the two models, which give us a look at a front half and a back half both of which consist of spikes.  Unless one of them is holding it the wrong way round, this implies to me a pick-axe shape.

It takes some zooming but if you look next to the leg of the cow and just behind the horn of his fellow you can see a hammerhead. esque shape with the spike sticking out the back. just my 2p.

I suspect he is holding it revered to puncture armour, hence why it has the spike.

hammer (2).png

Edited by Yuviel Lightbringer